or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1337

post #20041 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

 

Man, I didn't know. Glad to hear everything was successful.

 

@Joe Bloggs, can FiiO please manufacture a device (with a Dolby Headphone processor and chat capability) that will blow the other competition away?!? I know you can do it! I mean, you are FiiO!!! Everyone who agrees quote me with a +1 That should grab they're attention

+1

 

Edit: Im late to the party, also posted in the thread. Thanks a lot Chico for making it. Who knows, maybe 2015 will be the year FiiO breaks into the gaming market. 


Edited by davisman - 1/14/14 at 1:56pm
post #20042 of 31962

For the guys having trouble using the mic with their DSS. Remember that you can always try THIS.

post #20043 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

No, the K612 cable feels pretty solid. Only pretty much what you said - can't replace it, though I believe you can send them for recabling somewhere, should you want.

Audio GD DAC/amps are pretty good, Matrix M-Stage with the DAC module is pretty good too [my current setup for the K612s]

Or EHP-O2/Xonar DX, being the cheapest good setup.

 

Ok I think I will get the k612s then. 


Audio GD NFB 15.32 is what I was looking at getting which is out of stock right now. But I won't be getting an amp for a little while anyways so they should be back in stock by than. Shipping and border costs is another PITA! Not looking to spend over $250-300

 

Haven't checked out the Matrix yet so I will do that. 02 looks pretty good too, so many decisions. As for the Xonar, I'm going to be rocking the SB Z because from what I've reviewed their surround is much better which is why I chose it. Hopefully it's good enough to get my through till I pick up an amp though...

post #20044 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woesty420 View Post

Ok I think I will get the k612s then. 


Audio GD NFB 15.32 is what I was looking at getting which is out of stock right now. But I won't be getting an amp for a little while anyways so they should be back in stock by than. Shipping and border costs is another PITA! Not looking to spend over $250-300

Haven't checked out the Matrix yet so I will do that. 02 looks pretty good too, so many decisions. As for the Xonar, I'm going to be rocking the SB Z because from what I've reviewed their surround is much better which is why I chose it. Hopefully it's good enough to get my through till I pick up an amp though...

I think it should.
If going for an amp only, you can get the older Mstage.
If going for an amp/DAC get the new one with the usb module.
Audio gd compares well too so it's really just a matter of what you want.
The SB should keep you occupied meanwhile.
The 612 does rather well off weaker sources too.
post #20045 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naingolann View Post
 

For the guys having trouble using the mic with their DSS. Remember that you can always try THIS.

Does that actually work with the PS4 though? I don't want to waste time and money into another connection that doesn't work properly.

 

BTW, this page is 1337! I also ordered a replacement y-split cable for my BoomPro. I want to test out another cable before I order the mixamp.


Edited by DADDYDC650 - 1/14/14 at 2:40pm
post #20046 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


I think it should.
If going for an amp only, you can get the older Mstage.
If going for an amp/DAC get the new one with the usb module.
Audio gd compares well too so it's really just a matter of what you want.
The SB should keep you occupied meanwhile.
The 612 does rather well off weaker sources too.

As long as the SB Z will power it moderately for now I will definitely get the k612s, I just don't want them to sound bad right when I get them.

 

As for amp vs. amp/DAC I'm still trying to decide which route to go. I want something that can connect optically into SB Z or just an amp to connect via headphone plug in. Just depends on peoples opinions on the DAC in the Z and if getting an external will make a huge difference or not. 

post #20047 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post
 

Does that actually work with the PS4 though? I don't want to waste time and money into another connection that doesn't work properly.

 

BTW, this page is 1337! I also ordered a replacement y-split cable for my BoomPro. I want to test out another cable before I order the mixamp.

I don't see why it shouldn't work, even on the PS4. And it's cheaper than buying a new Mixamp.

post #20048 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naingolann View Post
 

I don't see why it shouldn't work, even on the PS4. And it's cheaper than buying a new Mixamp.

I went ahead and ordered it from newegg for 9 bucks with free 2 day shipping. Thanks for the heads up. Hope it works. If not, I can always send it back for a refund.

 

So, I just played a couple of rounds of COD: Ghost on the PS4. Wow! Great clarity, explosions hit very well with no distortion and the sound stage is amazing! I just went 25-5 in TDM. I'm pretty sure that's the best score I've gotten by far. I feel bad for the folks that aren't playing with a setup similar to mine. They had no chance! If the X1's had the same weight of the Sony MA-900's, a little more height adjustment for those bigger heads out there and the ear pads were replaceable, the X1 would be the best headphones ever made for gaming. Another great addition would be a tuck away mic like the Polk Audio 4shot headset. Someone tell the folks in charge @ Philips to get on it! They would make a killing!


Edited by DADDYDC650 - 1/14/14 at 4:11pm
post #20049 of 31962

I wanted to share something I have been trying out over the past few weeks. As many of you know, there is a 'bass port' mod for the akg k7 series of headphones. Well, I modded my AKG k702 annies, and I am really loving it. The extra bass is a lot of fun. I'm sure I gave up something, but I only use these for console gaming atm. Which, is overkill because I am only able to use a stereo signal until my HDMI splitter gets here. 

 

Also, I wanted to share how I overcame the chat functionality on Xbox One, and will have virtual surround again. As many of you know, the Mixamp has an Aux input. So I am currently calling my friends through skype on my computer, and sending the audio signal from the RCA output of my sound card to the Aux Input of the mixamp, and on down the chain. This works rather well, as you can adjust the volume digitally on your computer. 

 

The reason I do this instead of just using the kinect mic is simple. When you are in chat on the Xbox one, it lowers your game volume to an almost inaudible level, this is the same for party chat or skype chat on xbox one. I have found no way to adjust the volume settings on the xbox.  

 

Soon as it arrives I will be using a HDMI splitter to separates the digital audio signal from the Xbox one's Hdmi cable. This will allow me to get full surround sound again. I know many of you already know this, but I thought I would share it again. 


Edited by davisman - 1/14/14 at 4:09pm
post #20050 of 31962

Hello, i just receive the MA900, sound is sooo good, but maybe i'd like a little more bass, i'm waiting for the Turtle Beach DSS (1) do you think the "Bass boost" from DSS will solve my "problem" with any audio input (analog and digital)???

post #20051 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymelef View Post
 

Hello, i just receive the MA900, sound is sooo good, but maybe i'd like a little more bass, i'm waiting for the Turtle Beach DSS (1) do you think the "Bass boost" from DSS will solve my "problem" with any audio input (analog and digital)???

I think it will. Don't expect Beats bass or anything but you will notice a bump in bass performance.

post #20052 of 31962

Keep the bass boost in the mid-low setting. On the highest setting it'd distort the sound a bit for me.

post #20053 of 31962

Does anybody remember who it was that mods headphones and adds microphones to them? I think it was Tommy Boy or something like that. Anybody know if he is still taking on work?

 

ETA: I found his google+ page where he posts.


Edited by davisman - 1/14/14 at 4:45pm
post #20054 of 31962

I absolutely can not decide what headphone to get! This will be my first ever good pair of headphones and I'm lost. I've done research for a couple weeks now and I still have no idea haha. I am looking to spend around $200 or less. I will be using them for PS4 gaming, some PC gaming and of course music. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new headphone user? 

post #20055 of 31962
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien3000 View Post
 

I absolutely can not decide what headphone to get! This will be my first ever good pair of headphones and I'm lost. I've done research for a couple weeks now and I still have no idea haha. I am looking to spend around $200 or less. I will be using them for PS4 gaming, some PC gaming and of course music. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new headphone user?

Have you gone over the first page of this thread? MLE gives out a great summary and some of the best headphones for gaming. I recommend the Sony MA900 for $200 or the Philips X1 for $249 on Amazon if you want a little more bass.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)