Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1258
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18857 of 3158512/10/13 at 8:06ampost #18858 of 3158512/10/13 at 8:25ampost #18859 of 3158512/10/13 at 8:53amQuote:
The teddy is Miceblue's fighting coach. Note the blank, emotionless, almost dead smile on its face. That's a sure sign of a disappointed instructor if I ever saw one.
Edited by AxelCloris - 12/10/13 at 8:55ampost #18860 of 3158512/10/13 at 8:58amA 480p game also doesn't look so hot on larger displays. XD
But yeah, it's quite the wire mess over there with cables running in every direction.post #18861 of 3158512/10/13 at 9:02am
It's the missing ear that breaks my heart..... are Stax's really that worth it?post #18862 of 3158512/10/13 at 9:18amQuote:
Can´t seem to find this one. It´s not the '7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter' in Xonar Audio Center right?post #18863 of 3158512/10/13 at 9:49ampost #18864 of 3158512/10/13 at 10:50am
Oh, trust me, I'm using his term of choice when I say "hates".
Hey, now you've got the right headphones to do SSBB's epic soundtrack justice!
(And about the CRT, I actually do know a guy here at the uni game room who lugs a small CRT TV into the room because the LG HDTVs here have terrible input lag and are frequently occupied.
Still, nobody should talk smack about CRTs, especially for gaming. My Sony GDM-FW900 curbstomps just about any flat-panel ever made, and it's a decade old!...but that's a professional monitor, not an SDTV.)
If you can afford it? YES. Welcome to mind-blowing clarity.
However, the main barrier to entry is the amp side of things. If you've got a good speaker amp handy, like an old integrated receiver, you can get a vintage Stax setup with an SRD-6 or SRD-7 for $300 or less on eBay quite frequently.post #18865 of 3158512/10/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
If you can afford it? YES. Welcome to mind-blowing clarity.
However, the main barrier to entry is the amp side of things. If you've got a good speaker amp handy, like an old integrated receiver, you can get a vintage Stax setup with an SRD-6 or SRD-7 for $300 or less on eBay quite frequently.
Does that kind of input lagg actually matter? Anyway, Stax are well, well worth it if you like the type of sound of 'stats.post #18866 of 3158512/10/13 at 11:47ampost #18867 of 3158512/10/13 at 12:26pm
The arcam R dac sounds good for gaming with my sennheiser headset over rca..the sound stage is nice and wide..when the ship beaches on bf4's Paracel Storm the horn sounds good..i got the r dac at a good price because the irdac has just been released..now all I am doing is waiting for sennheiser to bring out a new headset with dolby atmos!
Edited by martin vegas - 12/10/13 at 12:58pmpost #18868 of 3158512/10/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Ah of course under 'Configure' :) Only annoying thing so far, by upgrading to a proper sound card is that I can´t split the output and change seamlessly to my speakers, now I also have to change to software settings. But I guess I will be using them less anyway now.post #18869 of 3158512/10/13 at 3:22pmpost #18870 of 3158512/10/13 at 3:41pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3