Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1221post #18301 of 3159911/24/13 at 6:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18302 of 3159911/24/13 at 8:03pm
Sure. The K712s are pretty much the best all-around mid-fi cans I've heard.
I haven't replaced them with anything yet, I've just scaled down to just the X1 for now. Still need to decide between the TH600, HD800, or K812.Quote:
Yes, the amps in my sig.
I prefer the K712 because it's slightly less dry sounding and the upper mids are a tad more laid back and smooth. Overall the K712 is slightly smoother and thicker/fuller sounding. The K712 also has slightly deeper pads which make the soundstage slightly less intimate sounding.
Edited by chicolom - 11/24/13 at 8:07pmpost #18303 of 3159911/24/13 at 9:33pmpost #18304 of 3159911/24/13 at 10:02pmThread StarterQuote:
Stop messing around and get the HD800.post #18305 of 3159911/24/13 at 10:20pm
Oh man. Listen to him, Chico. I heard the HD800 this evening at an Ohio meet. We were running it off a DNA Sonett side-by-side with a SR-009 powered by a KGSSHV. We used the same source; the Audio-GD Master 7. Short version, the group was split between them. They were wonderful.post #18306 of 3159911/24/13 at 10:29pmQuote:
I would "guess" they would make a good pairing.
(Can't see a reason why not)
Do you already own the MA900 or Sound Blaster Z?
You might try asking about the MA900/SB-Z combo on these threads.post #18307 of 3159911/24/13 at 10:37pmThread StarterAxel, the DX mic won't work through the ps4 controller without the Mixamp's y adapter, or something like it.
Also, I get inconsistent hiss when using the mic, though I seem to get it more when I use the mic through the Mixamp than when I use it with the PS4 controller's audio out.
I think it's my Mixamp though, which distorts here and there. I was getting bad feedback the other day just using the MA900. It was the Mixamp's audio jack which seems tk be going bad.
I'm positive if I use my E17 instead of the Mixamp, the audio won't be distorted. Guess I better test it.post #18308 of 3159911/24/13 at 11:04pmGood news is, if you barely ever listen to chat with your game, there's a cheaper option with less hiss... and my DSS hasn't exhibited any faults.
Why were you playing with your kossheisers if you could play with your MA900?post #18309 of 3159911/24/13 at 11:16pmThread StarterWell. It's not a problem with Mixamps themselves. Just my headphone jack has crapped out a bit. It works perfectly fine, aside from picking up mic feedback, where the ps4 controller doesn't. Its sensitive to certain feedback, like using a different usb port than the ps4s...
But if it does end up going to crap, I probably will acquire a cheap DSS. At least the ps4 has it's own chat input, so a Mixamp isn't necessary anymore for voice chat.post #18310 of 3159911/24/13 at 11:43pmpost #18311 of 3159911/25/13 at 12:00amThread StarterI never do, lol. But the Mixamp has basically no hiss when I play normally. Just when I start messing about that I staft getting feedback, etc. Once I basically set it, I leave it alone, and its perfect. But if I start messing around with voice chat, and plugging the usb to some other input, I start having issues.
I'm sure I won't have any more issues, since I won't be using the Mixamp's voice chat function, and just going through the dual shock's audio out.post #18312 of 3159911/25/13 at 1:20am
Using some Skullcandy PLYR1s
So I noticed that when switching my audio output settings from HDMI to optical or LPCM to Bitstream that my headset makes a popping noise. Not normally big deal right?
But for all of my PS4 recorded videos using the share button there is always the same popping noise at the beginning of the clip. Is audio in the DMB using a different audio mode then from gameplay/videos? I guess its similar to the PS3?
Ugh its annoying that this gets captured in the share and I have to export to Youtube to edit it out. Nothing I can do about this I suppose outside of doing my share uploads while not using my headset?
Edited by henhowc - 11/25/13 at 1:46ampost #18313 of 3159911/25/13 at 3:00amThread Starterpost #18314 of 3159911/25/13 at 3:08am
hey mad lust got any info about the new G4me one from sennheiser ? am thinking of getting one but i really think that it's the same as pc 363d they also look the same ? what do you think
and i really need your help on this but my budget is arround 200$ for a headset and i need a good headset like the ath700d or hd 558 moded i know that they are the best performance/price headsets out there but i can only get them from the UK and they are so damn expensive like 120 pound for the hd 558 and 140 pound for the hd 598 but i can get the new G4me one for 190 pound if i only add 50-70 pounds more what do you think i shud get ? based on your experience also is there another deal that i should think of ?
edited: to tell the truth i don't think am getting the G4me one as i really think that they are a pc 363d just with out a 7.1 surround sound which makes the pc 363d to me a better buy am just very confused here on what i should get :( sux to be in the uk
Edited by xXSnAkEeYeSXx - 11/25/13 at 3:23ampost #18315 of 3159911/25/13 at 3:38amI'm a little confused with the mic situation. Is it not as simple as it was with the ps3? Currently I have my mix amp hooked up through the PS4 optical with the y adapter hooked to the mix amp and my head phones plugged into the adapter. I haven't tried to use either the dx clip on mic or modmic yet but shouldn't it work just like the ps3? It would be pretty good if it worked just by plugging into the PS4 controller itself.
*edit* EV have you tried the m100s with the boom mic? Does it work properly?
Edited by Chubtoad - 11/25/13 at 3:41am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Telos Acoustics 4 minutes ago
- › Noob setup 4 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 4 minutes ago
- › Philips X2 Fidelio VS V-MODA Crossfade M-100 6 minutes ago
- › Amarra 3.0 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3