or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1185

post #17761 of 31937

Hi. I have researched the thread to find answers to my questions, but just needed someone's confirmation--so i apologize for my ignorance.  Anyways.. I would like to purchase Annies and be able to hook them up to a PS4.  Will this be the correct setup?

 

Connect PS4 with an Optical cord to my Mix Amp Pro

Connect mix amp to controller

Connect mix amp to a 3 pole y adapter

     Connect 3 pole y adapter to a mod mic

     Connect 3 pole y adapter to a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable

             Connect 3.5mm-to-RCA cable to a Magni Headphone Amplifier

             Connect Magni Headphone Amplifier to annies

 

Am I missing anything?  Or doing a disservice to the Annies anywhere>

 

Thanks!

post #17762 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoConfused View Post
 

Hi. I have researched the thread to find answers to my questions, but just needed someone's confirmation--so i apologize for my ignorance.  Anyways.. I would like to purchase Annies and be able to hook them up to a PS4.  Will this be the correct setup?

Connect PS4 with an Optical cord to my Mix Amp Pro

Connect mix amp to controller

Connect mix amp to a 3 pole y adapter

     Connect 3 pole y adapter to a mod mic

     Connect 3 pole y adapter to a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable

             Connect 3.5mm-to-RCA cable to a Magni Headphone Amplifier

             Connect Magni Headphone Amplifier to annies

Am I missing anything?  Or doing a disservice to the Annies anywhere>

I would assume you connect the PS4 to the Astro mix-amp using optical.

Connect the Mix-amp's headphone output to the line-input on the Magni, using a 3.5mm male to male cable.

Plug Annies into Magni's headphone port.

post #17763 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post
 

Anyone have any solutions to getting rid of static noise on the Astro Mixamp 2013?

 

As far as I know, the noise is always there but not noticeable until you have the volume pot around 11 o'clock position.

 

The Fiio E9K did a better job of hiding this static. The Woo WA7 makes the static pretty obvious, especially when there is no sound playing.

 

Also, I found that that when I move my computer mouse, there is a tiny squealing noise and as soon as I stop moving the mouse it goes away. Originally, I thought this was due to the fact that the Mixamp is being powered by my computer's USB port. But when I tried powering the Mixamp with my Xbox or even the USB port on my DVR cable box, I could still hear feedback from my computer mouse. Basically I can have no connections going from my PC to the Mixamp and it will still receive feedback from my computer mouse, lol.

 

I was thinking of using just a random USB AC adapter for a phone or something to power the Mixamp but have my doubts if that would solve the problem. Don't have one lying around at the moment.

 

Just some more information about the static: adjusting the volume on the mixamp does not change the static sound, it stays the same and is always there. I noticed that if I remove the optical cable from the Mixamp (which comes from my Xbox) the static will go away for a couple of seconds but then it will immediately return (even when the optical is kept out) which is really weird.

I had the exact same issues as you with regards to mouse noise. It's from a mixture of CPU/GPU/general EMI/RF interference, I had it regardless of whether or not I had my headphones/amp plugged into my PC or not. (my consoles/PC share the same area.)

 

Buy one of these - http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10844&cs_id=1084402&p_id=6909&seq=1&format=2

 

I have been using one of these for months now and it eliminates all forms of PC related noise, however the mixamp hiss is still there, I think that's just a fault of the mixamp itself and you can't really do anything about it.

 

To give you an example, I have an Asgard 2 amp with the AKG K702 Anniversaries, while connected to my PC I can crank the volume to maximum on either low gain or high gain and hear absolutely nothing, complete silence.

 

Depending on who you ask, some people might say a ground isolator can cause sound degradation but I noticed no difference in sound before or after using this. Before getting one of these the noises would drive me nuts that my mouse would make.

 

*edit* NM


Edited by Chubtoad - 11/6/13 at 8:14am
post #17764 of 31937

I want to use my personal headphones (Audio-Technica) with my PS4, however I am not clear on how I would connect them and still be able to use a mic for voice chat.On the PS3, I hook up my headphones to my receiver and use a USB adapter (which plugs into the ps3) to plug my mic into. How would I achieve this on the PS4?

 

My setup

 

PS4->Receiver->TV

post #17765 of 31937

I apologize if this has been asked on here before, but what is the difference between AD-700 and AD-700x?  Is it better to step up to the 900x now?  

 

I have used the AD-700's for about three years and love that you can hear everything and can very accurately pinpoint what direction it came from.  Are the new x version the same?

 

Cheaper Skullcandy SLYR- how are they with positioning? soundstage? (I know they are closed so it will be a little different, but how much?)

post #17766 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawyer27 View Post
 

I apologize if this has been asked on here before, but what is the difference between AD-700 and AD-700x?  Is it better to step up to the 900x now?  

 

I have used the AD-700's for about three years and love that you can hear everything and can very accurately pinpoint what direction it came from.  Are the new x version the same?

 

Cheaper Skullcandy SLYR- how are they with positioning? soundstage? (I know they are closed so it will be a little different, but how much?)

 

The X supposedly has a new driver.  I imagine it will sound pretty similar, though I've read the AD900X has more bass than the AD900, which is a good thing.

 

Keep in mind that the AD900(x) doesn't have any better positioning than the AD700.

post #17767 of 31937

This week's Humble Bundle is awesome. Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City GOTY with Scribblenauts, F.E.A.R. 2, F.E.A.R. 3, and Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Donate at least $5 to unlock all of these titles. A portion of the proceeds, up to 100%, go to charity. Buy this bundle, PC gamers.

 

I'm going to be buying a couple bundles myself and giving out Steam codes in various places around Head-Fi. The first will be this thread sometime later today.

post #17768 of 31937
^that is an awesome game bundle, if I didn't already own most of them.

I'm... Not sure where my M-100 are. I tried to do the video yesterday about how loud different headphones leak.
post #17769 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubtoad View Post
 

I had the exact same issues as you with regards to mouse noise. It's from a mixture of CPU/GPU/general EMI/RF interference, I had it regardless of whether or not I had my headphones/amp plugged into my PC or not. (my consoles/PC share the same area.)

 

Buy one of these - http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10844&cs_id=1084402&p_id=6909&seq=1&format=2

 

I have been using one of these for months now and it eliminates all forms of PC related noise, however the mixamp hiss is still there, I think that's just a fault of the mixamp itself and you can't really do anything about it.

 

To give you an example, I have an Asgard 2 amp with the AKG K702 Anniversaries, while connected to my PC I can crank the volume to maximum on either low gain or high gain and hear absolutely nothing, complete silence.

 

Depending on who you ask, some people might say a ground isolator can cause sound degradation but I noticed no difference in sound before or after using this. Before getting one of these the noises would drive me nuts that my mouse would make.

 

*edit* NM

 

Hmm.. that Monoprice device looks interesting and might do the trick. So would that hook up between the Mixamp and headphone amp? So... Mixamp (3.5mm to RCA) -> Ground Isolator -> Headphone amp?

post #17770 of 31937

Oh hey, lookie here. Is that Arkham City I spy? I think it might be. First to claim gets it. More to follow.

 

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=wSFvkb4ZBxSEz8Pb

post #17771 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post
 

I was thinking of using just a random USB AC adapter for a phone or something to power the Mixamp but have my doubts if that would solve the problem. Don't have one lying around at the moment.

 

I plug my DSS directly into a wall outlet for power.  That seems to have the lowest amount of interference/noise.  When I had it plugged into my computers USB hub I got a hummy ground loop when I double amped it. 

post #17772 of 31937
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage3324 View Post
 

I want to use my personal headphones (Audio-Technica) with my PS4, however I am not clear on how I would connect them and still be able to use a mic for voice chat.On the PS3, I hook up my headphones to my receiver and use a USB adapter (which plugs into the ps3) to plug my mic into. How would I achieve this on the PS4?

 

My setup

 

PS4->Receiver->TV

 

Unfortunately, no one knows how mic functions will work with the PS4 yet because it is different from the PS3. Eventhough Sony has said USB headsets will theoretically work, it isn't a 100% certainty.


All PS4s will come with a mono earphone though which includes a mic, connects to the DS4. If there is a function to output all chat voices to the game voices (like you can now with the PS3), then the issue is solved. You could just continue using the PS4 > Receiver > TV, then just hang the mono earphone on your shirt or something.

post #17773 of 31937
Thread Starter 
So I apparently left my KSC35 at work over my two days off. So glad I didn't lose it.
post #17774 of 31937

Here's my problem;

 

I've literally been searching for the right headset for ages now (I refuse to buy something until I know for sure its the right call.) I could easily pick out a headset..but It needs to work for xbox as well, the chat is most important since I'm a very competitive player on xbox, less on pc. I only found out you can use most headsets on xbox very recently, but the amp and clip on mic and all this stuff is just terribly confusing me. I need to know exactly what I need to purchase, but I cant do that on my own, I need an experts help :> So that being said, here's my list!

 

- Around 200~, preferably under, ofc I can stretch over! (this includes and amps or mics as well!)
- Over ear!
- Noise-cancelling microphone, but not needed at all.

- Good quality, I don't know how to go into detail with this, just the build/sound quality needs to be the best for the price I'm paying. Sound quality is most important, as in pinpointing footsteps in cod, or just kickin' back listening to music or watching a tv show.

 

Think you could lend a fellow newbie a hand? I'd be ever so grateful! :) 


Edited by fetch - 11/6/13 at 9:49pm
post #17775 of 31937
So my annies arrive tomorrow, but my asgard 2 will not be in for a week. Can I still try the Annie's out on my mixamp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)