- 15,549 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1166post #17476 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:42amThread StarterThe X1 sounds like a perfect fit then. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17477 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:44ampost #17478 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:45ampost #17479 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:46amThread StarterNot that it's bad per se. The X1 will still sound great with it, but bad in terms of resistance and it somewhat limits the potential of the X1 overall. You can easily just buy almost ANY 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and it will more than likely be better than the stock cable. Something as cheap and sturdy as the Monoprice cables, or Mediabridge cables sold on Amazon will be an improvement, however subtle. they're like less than $10 overall. You can go to any store and buy an mp3 cable, and it will more than likely be better.post #17480 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:53amQuote:
What product has Jude talked about that doesn't receive hype.post #17481 of 3156110/21/13 at 9:57amThread StarterThing is, Audeze was the same way, as was the Abyss planar. Upstarts which got a lot of hype, and ended up proving their worth. Oppo is not a new company and knows their stuff. I, frankly would believe in them more than the others.post #17482 of 3156110/21/13 at 10:06am
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
Edited by RageSaul - 10/21/13 at 10:18ampost #17483 of 3156110/21/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RageSaul
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
They don't mention the cable's impedance but... Should be fine, I guess...post #17484 of 3156110/21/13 at 10:43amThread StarterI dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 10:46ampost #17485 of 3156110/21/13 at 10:45am
When I get a desktop PC I was wondering when I should get a sound card, if I get one now my budget would be around $50 I think.
I would use the HD 558's with it and I would play mostly single player games like RPG's and some multyplayer FPS games on the side.post #17486 of 3156110/21/13 at 11:26am
Most onboard sound cards are pretty bad. One of the best decisions I made when I started getting into headphones, was buying an Asus xonar stx.
You dont need to spend that much, but there are some really good options around $50.post #17487 of 3156110/21/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Yeah I see, it's just they're not available on the UK amazon. I can't find any others with the design you said they needed for my country :/post #17488 of 3156110/21/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Can you give me a few name's? I checked the Asus xonar stx and it's too steep for my blood sadly.post #17489 of 3156110/21/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
Xonar DG or DGX. You could also pick up a used X-fi Titanium.post #17490 of 3156110/21/13 at 12:35pmQuote:DX if possible, I found the DGX to sound very dull.
Edited by ethan7000 - 10/23/13 at 9:20am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 25 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 43 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio - Headtrip amp 45 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Looking for in-ear headphones for 50$ (rock, hip-hop & some... 1 minute ago
- › U.S. & CANADA REVIEW TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › Good headphone recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3