- 15,601 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1166post #17476 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:42amThread StarterThe X1 sounds like a perfect fit then. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17477 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:44ampost #17478 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:45ampost #17479 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:46amThread StarterNot that it's bad per se. The X1 will still sound great with it, but bad in terms of resistance and it somewhat limits the potential of the X1 overall. You can easily just buy almost ANY 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and it will more than likely be better than the stock cable. Something as cheap and sturdy as the Monoprice cables, or Mediabridge cables sold on Amazon will be an improvement, however subtle. they're like less than $10 overall. You can go to any store and buy an mp3 cable, and it will more than likely be better.post #17480 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:53amQuote:
What product has Jude talked about that doesn't receive hype.post #17481 of 3195810/21/13 at 9:57amThread StarterThing is, Audeze was the same way, as was the Abyss planar. Upstarts which got a lot of hype, and ended up proving their worth. Oppo is not a new company and knows their stuff. I, frankly would believe in them more than the others.post #17482 of 3195810/21/13 at 10:06am
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
Edited by RageSaul - 10/21/13 at 10:18ampost #17483 of 3195810/21/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RageSaul
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
They don't mention the cable's impedance but... Should be fine, I guess...post #17484 of 3195810/21/13 at 10:43amThread StarterI dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 10:46ampost #17485 of 3195810/21/13 at 10:45am
When I get a desktop PC I was wondering when I should get a sound card, if I get one now my budget would be around $50 I think.
I would use the HD 558's with it and I would play mostly single player games like RPG's and some multyplayer FPS games on the side.post #17486 of 3195810/21/13 at 11:26am
Most onboard sound cards are pretty bad. One of the best decisions I made when I started getting into headphones, was buying an Asus xonar stx.
You dont need to spend that much, but there are some really good options around $50.post #17487 of 3195810/21/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Yeah I see, it's just they're not available on the UK amazon. I can't find any others with the design you said they needed for my country :/post #17488 of 3195810/21/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Can you give me a few name's? I checked the Asus xonar stx and it's too steep for my blood sadly.post #17489 of 3195810/21/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
Xonar DG or DGX. You could also pick up a used X-fi Titanium.post #17490 of 3195810/21/13 at 12:35pmQuote:DX if possible, I found the DGX to sound very dull.
Edited by ethan7000 - 10/23/13 at 9:20am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 8 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 41 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 9 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2