- 3,754 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Central Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 1049post #15721 of 312508/10/13 at 8:26pmYea that's what I said... the on ear momentum. So am I right? lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 312508/10/13 at 8:36pmThread Starterpost #15723 of 312508/10/13 at 10:41pmQuote:I do play ps3Originally Posted by Evshrug
Your name is a little hard to remember...
The Mixamp from 2011 will do that for you, if it comes with or you buy a TRRS Y-split cable to separate the mic input and sound output into two plugs, and your console isn't a PS3 that requires USB chat input (the very first Mixamp didn't support this, Mad just posted a pic a page or two back).
I personally don't bother, the only game I can't adjust down the game volume where I really think it needs it, is Halo 4. So, I just have a lapel mic plugged directly into the controller.post #15724 of 312508/10/13 at 11:57pmpost #15725 of 312508/10/13 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #15726 of 312508/11/13 at 12:40ampost #15727 of 312508/11/13 at 1:14amThread StarterDidn't say it was a problem, just that the wired pre-2013 Mixamps have considerably less of it. For those who want the cleanest signal, the Mixamp is a better choice.post #15728 of 312508/11/13 at 5:52am
Uhm... since we're on topic for voice chat on the PS3, I just want to let you guys know that there is a work around for it if you are using the original Mixamp or the TB DSS.
Get a bluetooth mic. Any will be fine, but a clip-on like this will be ideal.
Then go to Settings > Acessory Settings > Audio Device Settings
Your input device should be your bluetooth mic, BUT set your output device to System Default Device (this will go to your DSS, thus to your headphone).
Also, set Stereo Heaset Audio Extension to > On so all audio goes to your headphones. If this is set to off, only the chat audio will go to your headphones while in-game audio will go to your speakers.
After that, well you're done.
You basically get a wireless mic where you don't have to dangle 2 wires off your desk resulting in even messier cables around the place.
Most bluetooth mics now a days have a control where you can set the incoming volume from your friends, so another problem fixed for needing any voice chat volume control.
Otherwise, most games with MP has volume controls for chat volume as well.
I'm personally doing this and has been doing it for a very long time. It's a good work around for those who cannot get a Mixamp pre-2013 (because it is increasingly hard to get and it's being sold for a stupidly high price right now).
Hope this helps. :)post #15729 of 312508/11/13 at 6:28ampost #15730 of 312508/11/13 at 6:34ampost #15731 of 312508/11/13 at 6:41amSo has anyone here double amped the mix amp? I would just plug my arrow 4g or my c&c bh into the headphone jack and run my cans off the amp,
But the real question is do I need the extra boost? No doubt the external amp will add quality and real eq switches but I don't know how clean the mix amp's headphone out is.
I've never heard a mixamp or a dss2, the only true 5.1 headset I ever owned was the tritton pro + and it was crap, it had no freakin bass man I was pissedpost #15732 of 312508/11/13 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #15733 of 312508/11/13 at 7:32amQuote:
It doesn't nessasarily needs to be an i-tech bluetooth, anything as long as it is bluetooth 2.0 compatible then it will work with the PS3.
If you want, you can even get the official PlayStation bluetooth mic and just hang it around your neck or something.
Haha, no you shouldn't because there is a button on the earbud that acts as the on/off switch.post #15734 of 312508/11/13 at 8:07amThread StarterWhy is the Creative Aurvana Live so damn good? Gah, if ONLY it had velour pads.
Borrowing it again to compare to the HP-800... and it just blows me away.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/13 at 8:09ampost #15735 of 312508/11/13 at 9:14amQuote:I have some shure srh840 headphones and I bought the velour pads for it (the pads from the srh940) and honestly it ruined the sound. It took away almost all the bass and muddied up the sound all together. I think they don't seal as well, I really just think pleather is the way to go, and they're just as comfortable to me at least
Edited by mpawluk91 - 8/11/13 at 9:17am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 33 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 40 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Ref 1 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 8 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Lynx aes16 9 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)