Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 951post #14251 of 319896/12/13 at 11:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14252 of 319896/12/13 at 11:39amQuote:
Umm, I think you misused that statement. It would make sense if I didn't use all of those systems, plus others, but I do. Let's calm down on the personal attacks today.post #14253 of 319896/12/13 at 11:42am
I agree... 100%
But you did attack the man by calling him fanboyish. I realize you get a little defensive when people critisize your likings.
In other news, my Mad Dogs arrive tomorrow.
Edited by Change is Good - 6/12/13 at 11:45ampost #14254 of 319896/12/13 at 2:30pmpost #14255 of 319896/12/13 at 2:42pmQuote:
Enjoy! Smell those delicious pads until you pass out, it will fade soon enough.post #14256 of 319896/12/13 at 3:04pm
Maybe its just that I have yet to find the appeal in online multiplayer, then. I'm mostly a single player only gamer, and when I do play multiplayer, I like it to be LAN based with friends. I also don't care about FPS games nearly as much as the average gamer, opting for RPGs instead. I also absolutely hate DRM whether it affects my schedule or not. I will go out of my way to protest against things like that. So seeing as the Xbox One does all the the game types more effectively then the PS4 that I don't actually care about, and it has DRM that, granted, wouldn't affect me but still angers me, I don't really have a reason to get it.post #14257 of 319896/12/13 at 3:45pmpost #14258 of 319896/12/13 at 6:01pmQuote:
+1. The smell of the fresh lamb leather is heavenly. My wife still teases me because for about 2 weeks I would just randomly smell them when sitting at the desk. And yes, sadly that smell is gone, but I've had them for a fair amount of time too.post #14259 of 319896/12/13 at 6:03pm
MLE said a couple pages back that they're a great compliment to anything open. I have to agree based on my experience. My MDs and Q701s are an incredible combination, but I have yet to hear the prestigious X1.post #14260 of 319896/12/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
I relly hope so. The only reason I have my doubts is because the mids on the X1 aren't as lush as the AKGs.
SN: Glad I pre ordered my PS4 last night. Amazon is currently delaying shipping on "standard editions."post #14261 of 319896/12/13 at 9:17pmThread StarterDidn't even know there were different editions. I ordered it as soon as it was available...
So, I ended up cancelling the Kingsound stats, since my headpjone gaming habits aren't like before and I rather not spend so much on one setup. I already have a dac and amp, so spending 800 extra dollars was just... reaching. Using the funds for the PS4.
Just checked my Amazon, and it says I ordered the Standard edition. Booooo...
Though it also says they are identical. Probably just means launch edition gets it at launch and standard isn't guaranteed on launch day.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/12/13 at 9:24pmpost #14262 of 319896/12/13 at 9:26pm
I'm really jumping between the Beyer DT770 80 ohm and the DT990 Pros here. I'm usually in single player games, but want something that won't throw me out when I dabble competitively. More of a casual music listener so I don't mind a good bit of bass, but don't want a muddled sound
Help push me into a decision!post #14263 of 319896/12/13 at 9:28pmThread Starterpost #14264 of 319896/12/13 at 9:40pm
Do I need any amping to go with it? Or is that something I can pick up down the line?
edit: Had ordered the DT770, called up and changed the order to a DT990 for the same price. Lucky I asked :)
Edited by voidler - 6/12/13 at 9:52pmpost #14265 of 319896/12/13 at 10:33pmThread StarterDoes anyone actually read the guide on the first page? I answered that there. Just saying.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/12/13 at 10:35pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 14 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 26 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality 30 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 32 seconds ago
- › I will be at the Rocky Mountain Audio fest/Canjam 2015 this year. 49 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 59 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2