Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 947post #14191 of 319496/10/13 at 2:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14192 of 319496/10/13 at 3:24pmpost #14193 of 319496/10/13 at 3:27pmQuote:
Price should go down even more with the anticipation of the K712.post #14194 of 319496/10/13 at 3:44pmThread StarterNah, it'll will eventually settle down to the same price range, just like the Q701/K701/K702 are in the same range, being the same headphone internally.post #14195 of 319496/10/13 at 3:57pmpost #14196 of 319496/10/13 at 4:01pmThread Starterpost #14197 of 319496/10/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
That's what I keep hearing. I guess I'm going to have to find out...
Love the HP100, but for $100 more I can't go wrong with the MDs.post #14198 of 319496/10/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
Better than Denon D7000? I find that hard to believe since I just got the D7000(+Lawton Pads), X1, He-400 and have had the Annie for 6months. Comparing them all to each other in single player games and movies exclusively, I go to the D7000 first every time no question. I may need to re-evaluate the purchase if it has been bested though. I plan to keep D7000 for SP games and movies...and either Annie or X1 for competitive play.
PS. Appreciate all the info from everyone here and I have not been disappointed w/ any recommendations.post #14199 of 319496/10/13 at 4:51pmThread StarterDenon D7000 isn't really 'closed' though. It allows external noise in almost as badly as an open headphone.
My bad, I still do love the D7000 more than ANY headphone I've used.
I meant the MD being the best TRULY closed headphone I've heard.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/10/13 at 5:03pmpost #14200 of 319496/10/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
Last time I checked RazorDog had them for $350. You could email him and ask him what is current best price on them is.post #14201 of 319496/10/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
Wait til you buy the TH-900.
(Note how I phrased that)post #14202 of 319496/10/13 at 5:40pmpost #14203 of 319496/10/13 at 6:54pmpost #14204 of 319496/10/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Very true. People don't understand initially because before Beats entered the picture, most consumer headphones that people bought were under $50.
So to many, the idea of $200+ headphones is ludicrous. Until they actually hear what that money can give them and their brain explodes.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 7 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Tread !! 6 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2