The joke is - the Q701 are more expensive in austria than the K702 Annie imported from the USA - and all from an austrian company....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 914
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13697 of 312335/22/13 at 4:20amThread Starterpost #13698 of 312335/22/13 at 5:12amPlaying Metro LL on PC with my HA-S500. Granted that I'm not using DH, they're still sooo good! I actually prefer wearing them instead of the DT990...it's crazy, I know.
For those with the ksc75, the JVC HA-S500/400 is definitely a step up.
Edited by Naingolann - 5/22/13 at 5:15ampost #13699 of 312335/22/13 at 10:52ampost #13700 of 312335/22/13 at 12:53pmHeyFirst... i never EVER! have experience with good headphones, just enter this new world when i sat to play on my pc and thought..."i need a upgrade"That what i did... new Rig and whatvercrap headset when i realize sound is better (rly i never give a fck to audio) music, movie, video and games...again thought"i need to buy a boat headset" first time they showed me a40 the dream headset will be if isn't the price in my country...I don't give up search a little more and see.. is all overprice so fuk that...In a random day in a random forum a valkiria come to me and say"GAMER Headset is overpriced just find a good headphone they are cheaper and have better quality" take her hand and she guide me to Head-fi.org...AleluiaProblem is infomation on internet is like drink from a hydrant..I don't much yet but i get this kit:X-fi titaniun HD>amp?(fiio eo9k maybe)> DT990 Pro is a good start no hehe?sunday i see the hd 598 im my hand and hell... they are so good and sexy i still not have the chance to use the dt990 they are so different?looks like 598 is more durable its true?Mad says you lose in the immersion and internet don't help...i see posts of people destroying their dt990's saying:"worst buy...""is to dark (wtf dark?)""best start is the hd598"...and blablablablasame for hd 598..."dt990 is better cheaper is just eq adjust and is the same""with a good amp dt990 is the best hd598 don't"in my country good amp and headphones is hard to find and have astronomic prices... and exportation no way some people overprice the products to export and the charge is 60% just to pass more the shipment and need to double because of the coin (R$2.05 =1.00U$) and i have some bad experiences with exportations like ******** charge me just to take what i buy and appeal to justice is rly a pain in the assi can buy one of this two with a good price. dt990 is little cheaperi find a used lcd2 for sale worth the price?some one have some experience with this two on PC?sry if a miss some words and bad inglishpost #13701 of 312335/22/13 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by daleb
Then I've never listened to a song, and frankly, I wouldn't want to. When I listen to music, I hear every note as I would see it on sheet music, I hear all the EQs the producer used, I hear the entire process, all of the sweat and blood that went into the song. Its so exciting to me. I'm getting some more "musical" headphones soon, so I'll see if I wasted my money there.
Look, I love digging out every nuance from music too, but I'm starting to wonder if you're just determined to be special, act anathemic about what we're saying, even if "musical" is not defined by fuzzing over details.
Look, I don't think of analytical as "having more detail," for example I have never heard any speaker outdo the Q701 purely in detail, BUT musical offers more... Think of analytical as being a word to describe hearing the notes & EQ, but not hearing the dynamic of how hard the guitar strings were hit, not hearing the difference in the atmosphere of big theater vs a small sound-proofed studio, all the notes there but sounding thin without substance or weight. Like... A 92kbps MP3 may be quite detailed and have all the notes, but if you listen to the same song played off a CD at full Redbook AIFF quality, you'll realize there's more fullness and interaction and... music, rather than just a facsimile containing the same "notes." Some use "analytical" purely to refer to an inability to play lower bass notes as you would hear from a live instrument, but it can also refer to a general feeling of compression and damping across the whole spectrum.
So you see, noBody is saying detail is bad... But headphones that are analytical lose a lot of what's going on in the music, just to concentrate on mids and treble (in many cases also lacking in upper treble extension. Compression of what you're paying attention to, a kind of focus that is as limiting as being purely a basshead at the other end of the spectrum). To be diplomatic, I wouldn't say favoring analytical or being a basshead isn't BAD (ppl like what they like), but they are both limiting the experience.post #13702 of 312335/22/13 at 4:23pm
I like being special
No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for my post to come off that way. I'm just confused is all, about how others listen to music then me. I should really research that, might help me write better songs. Sorry if I came off as rude. :Ppost #13703 of 312335/22/13 at 4:36pmMadMag,
Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet!
What I have to say about your post... Audio will always be a source of debate. The Beyerdynamic DT990 was designed to be a class above the HD598, but I can't guess which your ears would prefer. The first step into high-fidelity audio is always trusting in a leap of faith... from which you learn about yourself and your likes & do not likes.
I heard the Sennheiser HD558 in a Best Buy a few days ago, and it was a pleasant and quality experience. It also fit my ears and head nice, but I still prefer my Q701. What I recommend/suggest/would do if I was you, buy the cheaper HD558. Why? Because it's a very good first high-quality headphone from a good company with good reputation, and get used to how that sounds. Enjoy it for a few months! The other good part about an HD558 or HD598, you won't "need" an amp between the X-Fi Titanium HD and the headphone. Then, if you feel it's lacking in some way, research a headphone that has more _____ than the HD558. For example, get the DT990 if you want more bass and treble, or the AKG Q701 if you want more note separation, or an Audio Technica if you want more soundstage, or an HD650 if you want to focus on mids. But first, you need your first good headphone, so you can learn what you're getting into and if you need anything "more."
Then, you will say "Alleluia!" about what you are hearing, rather than just drowning in too much Internet information.
Edited by Evshrug - 5/22/13 at 4:37pmpost #13704 of 312335/22/13 at 4:41pmQuote:Well, there's different ways to be special...
But I'm not trying to tear you down. I honestly think you'll see what I mean, though you may already have an inkling from what you learned going from anybuds to the HD280 for the first time. I'm just saying, keep your mind open to the potential of things you don't know yet.
There, that sounds more positive like I wanted in the first place. Maybe even profound? Meh, never stop tryingpost #13705 of 312335/22/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
What about the Creative Aurvana live?post #13706 of 312335/22/13 at 4:45pmpost #13707 of 312335/22/13 at 8:54pmpost #13708 of 312335/22/13 at 9:05pmThread StarterThe CAL is closed and presents music quite differently from the Sennheiser 558 and 598. CaL is bassy, quite warm and musical. The Seens are much more balanced and airy, but dont have the bass of the CAL by a longshot. For gaming, the Sennheisers will be a better choice, though not in bass.post #13709 of 312335/22/13 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
The CAL is closed and presents music quite differently from the Sennheiser 558 and 598. CaL is bassy, quite warm and musical. The Seens are much more balanced and airy, but dont have the bass of the CAL by a longshot. For gaming, the Sennheisers will be a better choice, though not in bass.
I need them purely for Watching Movies, currently use DT 880's and they seems to be a little Bass Shy.
Any other cheaper recommendations :)post #13710 of 312335/22/13 at 9:20pmThread StarterIf the DT880 is bass shy, dont bother with the Senns, which have even less.
How much money can you afford to pay?
If the 880 is bass shy to you, perhaps the 990 Pro will fit your needs.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 59 seconds ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur 640P MM/MC Phono Pre-Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet, July 11, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › July 1st, 2015 The Day The IPod Died 5 minutes ago
- › Inexpensive Custom IEM's? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)