- 4,084 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 910post #13636 of 313185/18/13 at 4:55pmSignificant difference in Headphone Surround being an option, cleaner/sweeter DAC with a better S:N (signal to noise ratio), and a more powerful "amp."
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13637 of 313185/18/13 at 5:29pmpost #13638 of 313185/18/13 at 5:38pmpost #13639 of 313185/18/13 at 5:45pmpost #13640 of 313185/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:No problem, not really your fault. The system reads a bunch of dashes as a shortcut to draw a dividing line, which can be nice separating topics.Originally Posted by Zaruk
Hmmm... Good, then. Is the sound quality significantly better compared to a PC's standard audio built-in sound card? I do have a spare PCI.
EDIT: My PC doesn't even have any optical ports; I just realized that. My older PC did, but this one apparently doesn't. Oh well, I guess I'll get the Xonar DG or something along its lines, and then upgrade from there.
I apologize for any weird formatting the forum does, as about half of my posts (a specific post: the one about what open slots I have) are made on my phone. Sorry.
Hope you like your sound card.
Edited by Evshrug - 5/18/13 at 6:59pmpost #13641 of 313185/18/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
I can see where it would be useful.
As do I!post #13642 of 313185/18/13 at 8:01pmpost #13643 of 313185/18/13 at 8:35pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kellte2
I had very similar initial impressions. For 9.99, they were an absolute steal. The clips are a little loose for my tastes and bending the arms didn't seem to help too much so I might consider the parts express mod - or whatever the other headband that allows you to snap the drivers on.
If you remove the drivers then bend, there should be no way they would stay loose. Unless you have baby ears. The metal clips can bend as much as you want.post #13644 of 313185/18/13 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
Good luck removing the headband without breaking something.
Also, it would've been much cheaper getting the K601 headband which is also flat.post #13645 of 313185/18/13 at 8:46pmpost #13646 of 313185/18/13 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #13647 of 313185/18/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
I've DONE that! the clamp fixes itself after whatever time you left it unclamped. 1 day on book stack? 1 day unclamped. 1 week on books? 1 week unclamped. Then again, they don't have that amazing isolation without the clamp, so I'm completely okay with it. But when I have a headache and I don't even need isolation because its night time... ugh... I shall go on though, because I need me my music!
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 8:58pmpost #13648 of 313185/18/13 at 9:10pmpost #13649 of 313185/18/13 at 9:13pm
What else would we do with our lives? Hang out with friends? Don't be silly.
Also, if this is how it feels to wear 280s by everyone else, I can see why they are hated so much. Ow.
I have some new headphones coming in the mail, though, but sadly they don't really isolate too much, and they definitely do not work for mixing/mastering(which the 280s aren't exceptional at, either, but better).
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 9:17pmpost #13650 of 313185/18/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterGet the Mad Dogs (new ones). They seal amazingly well, are extremely comfy, and sound amazing. I'll be uodating my review of them to account for the differences.
Basically looking at an 8.75 fun, 7.25 competitive.
Looks like the last MD just didnt fit me right. That and it wasn't nearly as engaging as this one.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 5 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair or earbuds. What brand/model should I get? 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)