- 4,077 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 910post #13636 of 313085/18/13 at 4:55pmSignificant difference in Headphone Surround being an option, cleaner/sweeter DAC with a better S:N (signal to noise ratio), and a more powerful "amp."
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13637 of 313085/18/13 at 5:29pmpost #13638 of 313085/18/13 at 5:38pmpost #13639 of 313085/18/13 at 5:45pmpost #13640 of 313085/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:No problem, not really your fault. The system reads a bunch of dashes as a shortcut to draw a dividing line, which can be nice separating topics.Originally Posted by Zaruk
Hmmm... Good, then. Is the sound quality significantly better compared to a PC's standard audio built-in sound card? I do have a spare PCI.
EDIT: My PC doesn't even have any optical ports; I just realized that. My older PC did, but this one apparently doesn't. Oh well, I guess I'll get the Xonar DG or something along its lines, and then upgrade from there.
I apologize for any weird formatting the forum does, as about half of my posts (a specific post: the one about what open slots I have) are made on my phone. Sorry.
Hope you like your sound card.
Edited by Evshrug - 5/18/13 at 6:59pmpost #13641 of 313085/18/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
I can see where it would be useful.
As do I!post #13642 of 313085/18/13 at 8:01pmpost #13643 of 313085/18/13 at 8:35pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kellte2
I had very similar initial impressions. For 9.99, they were an absolute steal. The clips are a little loose for my tastes and bending the arms didn't seem to help too much so I might consider the parts express mod - or whatever the other headband that allows you to snap the drivers on.
If you remove the drivers then bend, there should be no way they would stay loose. Unless you have baby ears. The metal clips can bend as much as you want.post #13644 of 313085/18/13 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
Good luck removing the headband without breaking something.
Also, it would've been much cheaper getting the K601 headband which is also flat.post #13645 of 313085/18/13 at 8:46pmpost #13646 of 313085/18/13 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #13647 of 313085/18/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
I've DONE that! the clamp fixes itself after whatever time you left it unclamped. 1 day on book stack? 1 day unclamped. 1 week on books? 1 week unclamped. Then again, they don't have that amazing isolation without the clamp, so I'm completely okay with it. But when I have a headache and I don't even need isolation because its night time... ugh... I shall go on though, because I need me my music!
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 8:58pmpost #13648 of 313085/18/13 at 9:10pmpost #13649 of 313085/18/13 at 9:13pm
What else would we do with our lives? Hang out with friends? Don't be silly.
Also, if this is how it feels to wear 280s by everyone else, I can see why they are hated so much. Ow.
I have some new headphones coming in the mail, though, but sadly they don't really isolate too much, and they definitely do not work for mixing/mastering(which the 280s aren't exceptional at, either, but better).
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 9:17pmpost #13650 of 313085/18/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterGet the Mad Dogs (new ones). They seal amazingly well, are extremely comfy, and sound amazing. I'll be uodating my review of them to account for the differences.
Basically looking at an 8.75 fun, 7.25 competitive.
Looks like the last MD just didnt fit me right. That and it wasn't nearly as engaging as this one.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Just Mobile headphone stand in silver 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [FS] Phonak PFE 012 (no filters, no tips, excelent condition) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 12 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 12 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 14 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)