Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 806post #12076 of 319293/3/13 at 12:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12077 of 319293/3/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes. Check first page before the reviews for the amps.post #12078 of 319293/3/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Quote:
If i get to much into this head-fi, which I probably will. Then the T90, looks like some nice cans.
Could be fun to try such pair on a good sound card and headphone amp, and then go play some BF3 :D.post #12079 of 319293/3/13 at 1:36pm
I read that they are treble hot hence "spiritual successor"... but if you like hot treble by all means disregard what jokes we seem to be poking at the T90. Go for the experience and share.post #12080 of 319293/3/13 at 2:57pmpost #12081 of 319293/3/13 at 3:02pmpost #12082 of 319293/3/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
My Q701s are officially for sale.
I hope they go on to a good home. I feel bad sending them away, not knowing where they'll wind up...
FORGIVE ME, Q701s!!!!
they live in the states right?.
not sure how much it will cost to sent them to Denmark?
Edited by Grymok - 3/3/13 at 3:48pmpost #12083 of 319293/3/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Usually it's around $20 to ship around there, but I've already got some buyers interested I'm dealing with... :\post #12084 of 319293/3/13 at 6:11pmpost #12085 of 319293/3/13 at 7:47pmQuote:The AD700s sound great straight from my Recon3D USB without extra amping, and I think the amp inside the Mixamp (Mix-amp) is slightly more powerful, though more noisy. With the AD700, you don't gain much (lol punny) sound improvement with a dedicated amp, I was plenty happy with just a FiiO E5 amp with stereo connections before I got the surround processor.Originally Posted by OnePunchMan
So, I'm gonna invest in the ad700's for my birthday at the end of the month, but I want a good amp to invest in too so I can get the most out of the 700's. I don't know anything about amps other than the mixamp but I figure if I can get more out of the headphones I'd be willing to pay a little more. Would prefer a portable amp but If need be I'll take a non portable one. I'd also like it to be idiot proof since I am technologically challengedQuote:
Most/many other receivers have their own surround processing, but they don't usually bother branding the tech or build-in a lot of adjustability. Before I got my headphone amps, I preferred to send the audio out from the Recon3D to the stereo input of my Yamaha receiver, set to "straight" mode. What headphone do you have now?post #12086 of 319293/3/13 at 8:17pm
Audio Technica has updated their AD series, any chance that you will try the AD700/900x or maybe AD1000x? I want to try it, but my local suppliers don't have it yet.
So far so good with the HE400, I appreciate the recommendation from this thread. however, I got neck pain after 1 hour of gaming/music. My neck can't bear the weight for long time. My GF also loves the sound, but got neck pain after only 20 mins. Now she using my IE8 instead.post #12087 of 319293/3/13 at 8:32pmpost #12088 of 319293/3/13 at 8:42pmwiddyjudas,
Never say never, but Mad has several times expressed that he doesn't like AT's wings and earpads.
Personally, the wings don't bother me at all, the earpads press my ears flat a bit but it doesn't bother me (I've had gaming sessions as long as 8 hours with my AD700). My issue is the earcups don't have enough pivot axis for adjustment, so if you don't have a wide head most of the clamping pressure is focused on the bottom edge of the earpads, and sometimes the top of the earpads don't touch at all, ruining the seal and making bass weaker. I have been able to make the fit great for me by bending out the headband and rubber-banding together the "wings" so that the clamping pressure is more evenly applied, and I've broken in the pads pretty nicely. They are lighter and apply less pressure than the Q701s, which are lighter still than the HE-400.
Very different sound emphasises between the HE-400 and the AD700.post #12089 of 319293/3/13 at 8:45pmpost #12090 of 319293/3/13 at 9:06pmAstro took out the RCA inputs in their 2013 mixamp. How could I connect/stack a schiit magni to it? i've asked before if it is possible to add the magni to the mixamp … but I first want to know if that can be done with the 2013 version of the mixamp before I spend the $100 on a magni.
Please provide links or cable names so I can look into it more. Again I have the 2013 astro mixamp with akg q701 headphones connected to a playstation 3.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Can certain sound damage your CIEMs? 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Clash of the not-quite Titans! (ATH-M50X vs DT770 vs DT250 vs... 4 minutes ago
- › Alpha Dog not the sound signiature I was looking for. Need help... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 9 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 10 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2