Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 806post #12076 of 312373/3/13 at 12:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12077 of 312373/3/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes. Check first page before the reviews for the amps.post #12078 of 312373/3/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Quote:
If i get to much into this head-fi, which I probably will. Then the T90, looks like some nice cans.
Could be fun to try such pair on a good sound card and headphone amp, and then go play some BF3 :D.post #12079 of 312373/3/13 at 1:36pm
I read that they are treble hot hence "spiritual successor"... but if you like hot treble by all means disregard what jokes we seem to be poking at the T90. Go for the experience and share.post #12080 of 312373/3/13 at 2:57pmpost #12081 of 312373/3/13 at 3:02pmpost #12082 of 312373/3/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
My Q701s are officially for sale.
I hope they go on to a good home. I feel bad sending them away, not knowing where they'll wind up...
FORGIVE ME, Q701s!!!!
they live in the states right?.
not sure how much it will cost to sent them to Denmark?
Edited by Grymok - 3/3/13 at 3:48pmpost #12083 of 312373/3/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Usually it's around $20 to ship around there, but I've already got some buyers interested I'm dealing with... :\post #12084 of 312373/3/13 at 6:11pmpost #12085 of 312373/3/13 at 7:47pmQuote:The AD700s sound great straight from my Recon3D USB without extra amping, and I think the amp inside the Mixamp (Mix-amp) is slightly more powerful, though more noisy. With the AD700, you don't gain much (lol punny) sound improvement with a dedicated amp, I was plenty happy with just a FiiO E5 amp with stereo connections before I got the surround processor.Originally Posted by OnePunchMan
So, I'm gonna invest in the ad700's for my birthday at the end of the month, but I want a good amp to invest in too so I can get the most out of the 700's. I don't know anything about amps other than the mixamp but I figure if I can get more out of the headphones I'd be willing to pay a little more. Would prefer a portable amp but If need be I'll take a non portable one. I'd also like it to be idiot proof since I am technologically challengedQuote:
Most/many other receivers have their own surround processing, but they don't usually bother branding the tech or build-in a lot of adjustability. Before I got my headphone amps, I preferred to send the audio out from the Recon3D to the stereo input of my Yamaha receiver, set to "straight" mode. What headphone do you have now?post #12086 of 312373/3/13 at 8:17pm
Audio Technica has updated their AD series, any chance that you will try the AD700/900x or maybe AD1000x? I want to try it, but my local suppliers don't have it yet.
So far so good with the HE400, I appreciate the recommendation from this thread. however, I got neck pain after 1 hour of gaming/music. My neck can't bear the weight for long time. My GF also loves the sound, but got neck pain after only 20 mins. Now she using my IE8 instead.post #12087 of 312373/3/13 at 8:32pmpost #12088 of 312373/3/13 at 8:42pmwiddyjudas,
Never say never, but Mad has several times expressed that he doesn't like AT's wings and earpads.
Personally, the wings don't bother me at all, the earpads press my ears flat a bit but it doesn't bother me (I've had gaming sessions as long as 8 hours with my AD700). My issue is the earcups don't have enough pivot axis for adjustment, so if you don't have a wide head most of the clamping pressure is focused on the bottom edge of the earpads, and sometimes the top of the earpads don't touch at all, ruining the seal and making bass weaker. I have been able to make the fit great for me by bending out the headband and rubber-banding together the "wings" so that the clamping pressure is more evenly applied, and I've broken in the pads pretty nicely. They are lighter and apply less pressure than the Q701s, which are lighter still than the HE-400.
Very different sound emphasises between the HE-400 and the AD700.post #12089 of 312373/3/13 at 8:45pmpost #12090 of 312373/3/13 at 9:06pmAstro took out the RCA inputs in their 2013 mixamp. How could I connect/stack a schiit magni to it? i've asked before if it is possible to add the magni to the mixamp … but I first want to know if that can be done with the 2013 version of the mixamp before I spend the $100 on a magni.
Please provide links or cable names so I can look into it more. Again I have the 2013 astro mixamp with akg q701 headphones connected to a playstation 3.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 48 seconds ago
- › Koss ESP9B eloctrostatic vintage headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Magni 2 For Sale 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla vs. JH Audio Roxanne 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)