Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) - Page 797

post #11941 of 31249
Thread Starter 
The PC360 isn't hard to drive, so I'm sure it will sound pretty good.
post #11942 of 31249
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura View Post

Black ops for pc or console? I'm really thinking about getting the Annie with that same combo of e07k/e09k for the 360. Let me know how that sounds for you.

 

On console for the 360 here. Already sounds great with the Mixamp alone (without Voice chat mixed in). The E9K/E17 and Modmic are coming in tomorrow so I will let you guys know how that sounds with voice chat mixed in.

post #11943 of 31249
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

On console for the 360 here. Already sounds great with the Mixamp alone (without Voice chat mixed in). The E9K/E17 and Modmic are coming in tomorrow so I will let you guys know how that sounds with voice chat mixed in.

Sounds good. Look forward to it
post #11944 of 31249
Lol, the xb 700s... Now those r thick... Way to much bass, peaky treble n no mids woot... Still for edm i think the 990 will b great! I guess i can handle aLot o treble... I blame the print shop i grew up in...
post #11945 of 31249
@mad lust envy
Is the trick to play dts audio a ymmv thing? Was set to watch The Crow bluray which only has dts-hd audio and it didn't play sound with bitstream mix through my dss.
post #11946 of 31249

woot buying my dt 990 now'z :D [car repairs where cheapish thankfully] 

post #11947 of 31249

How do the HE-500s fair on the competitive scale and immersion?

 

Its a toss top between this and the K702 annies (assuming a Cardas fat pipe comes out for it, or if you can use the old one) for me.


Edited by Khagan - 2/25/13 at 6:49am
post #11948 of 31249

Im still enjoying my HE-400 in the asgard from optical X-fi Titanium (non-HD) and the E17 as DAC.

PLz dont talk about the HE-500, i dont want to get tempted :D.

post #11949 of 31249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khagan View Post

How do the HE-500s fair on the competitive scale and immersion?

 

Its a toss top between this and the K702 annies (assuming a Cardas fat pipe comes out for it, or if you can use the old one) for me.

I think I'd want the He-500 used for the price of a New Annie... still I'd like to hear both the He 400 and 500... the HE 500's Frequancy Graph looks very nice... but I need to hear it obviosuly

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post

Im still enjoying my HE-400 in the asgard from optical X-fi Titanium (non-HD) and the E17 as DAC.

PLz dont talk about the HE-500, i dont want to get tempted :D.

lucky you :3, I want a He-400... but I think I'll go dt 880 600 ohm b4 I go he 400 :x

post #11950 of 31249

How hard is the DT 990 premium 600 ohm to drive, if you compare to like the Essence STX sound card, or O2 amp?.

Amazon got one discounted 70£ on that one.

Anyone can give some hint?.

post #11951 of 31249

Ok, so how much of a difference is it between the AKG Q701 and the K701 65th anni?  More bass presence?  How about switching the ear pads?  Can someone verify they make a difference?

 

I don't want to end up selling my Q's and get the 65th anni just to hear that they sound basically the same with the ear pads switched.... I'd have paid all that when all I needed were the pads...mad.gif


Edited by Hawaiiancerveza - 2/25/13 at 5:19pm
post #11952 of 31249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Ok, so how much of a difference is it between the AKG Q701 and the K701 65th anni?  More bass presence?  How about switching the ear pads?  Can someone verify they make a difference?

 

I don't want to end up selling my Q's and get the 65th anni just to hear that they sound basically the same with the ear pads switched.... I'd have paid all that when all I needed were the pads...mad.gif

 

In the dedicated Annies thread someone compared their pads to the Qs, tried swapping them, and the sound on the Q was actually a bit worse when using the Annie pads. So the consensus is that buying the memory foam pads isn't too great an idea for the Qs. As for the general difference, I think the best way I've heard it described is better bass and more refinement overall at the expense of a bit of the soundstage, making the sound more intimate, but still excellent with directional queues.

post #11953 of 31249
I wonder how the Annies sounded with the Q pads? I would think angling the drivers (by using angled pads) yields better control over how sounds enter your ear.
post #11954 of 31249

I'll find the post and link it. They compared the Annies with Q pads as well.

 

Oops, seems my memory is slipping slightly. It was the K701 with the K702 Annies. Still, here's the direct link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626971/akg-k702-65th-anniversary-edition/1035#post_9109354

 

The K701 and Q701 pads are made of different materials, to quote MLE.


Edited by AxelCloris - 2/25/13 at 6:04pm
post #11955 of 31249
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

 

In the dedicated Annies thread someone compared their pads to the Qs, tried swapping them, and the sound on the Q was actually a bit worse when using the Annie pads. So the consensus is that buying the memory foam pads isn't too great an idea for the Qs. As for the general difference, I think the best way I've heard it described is better bass and more refinement overall at the expense of a bit of the soundstage, making the sound more intimate, but still excellent with directional queues.

Ok thank you. Ya there was a bit to read through and I just purchased the Anni's and was hoping that I didn't make a mistake.  Thanks for the info.  Oh just to let you guys know, if your interested I'm selling my AKG Q701's now because I'm getting the Anni's.  

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/652841/akg-q701-quincy-jones-and-jvc-fxz-200-sold-and-a-nixon-lowdown-watch

 

And a Nixon Lowdown watch.  

 

Ok enough derailing...lol back to the HPs!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added)