- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Hawaii
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 590post #8836 of 3080111/3/12 at 6:54pmAll of my Hp's were bought used off the forum, but 2/3 were like new. The AD900 pads are pretty worn, but thankfully, replacements from AT USA were pretty cheap ($16 including s/h). I've heard of other members of the forum getting free replacements awhile ago, but it seems I'm not so lucky. In any case some pads are quite costly like for the HD600/650s which are ~$50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8837 of 3080111/3/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
If they're like new, I wouldn't do anything. Otherwise I would just wash them. If they're ripped up then I'd consider new ones.
Some headphones have really expensive ear pads though...post #8838 of 3080111/3/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterAll the used ones I have bought were like new, and the pads even smelled new. The K701 is the only can I bought on Head-fi. I just used a rag to wipe off excess dirt. No problems anyways. If they're filthy, either wash them or get replacements.post #8839 of 3080111/3/12 at 7:47pmpost #8840 of 3080111/3/12 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
Well I can happily say my pc can emulate the Gamecube at 100% fps, I'm FINALLY playing through Tales of Symphonia again,,, because beating it 7 times in a row is NOT enough.
In edtion I'm going to try and emulate the Ps2 while im at it, so I can play all the other tales games! Wish me luck, and the dt 880s are very nice for Pc gaming ;3
The GameCube's not too difficult to emulate in my experience, on a Q6600 3 GHz/8800 GT system. Wii games, on the other hand, demand more than my system can deliver for a constant 60 FPS.
Same with PCSX2 and 3D games in general. It's a big reason why I bit the bullet and just bought a CECHA (original 60 GB model, full hardware PS2 compatibility) PS3, which should be here in the next week. I'll have to work on it when it arrives (don't want to risk YLOD), but by the time I finish changing the thermal paste and everything, it should run cool and reliably for years to come.Quote:
I thought about doing that with my SR-Lambda, but replacement Stax pads aren't exactly cheap (frequently around $60-100 for a pair of Lambda pads, with genuine leather pads for models like SR-404LE and SR-507 generally breaching the $100 mark), nor are they easy to just swap out at will due to being stuck on the baffle with a pre-cut piece of double-sided tape.
As it stands, it's comfortable enough as-is with the prior owner having attached some cloth strips to the original pad's contact areas with some double-sided tape.post #8841 of 3080111/3/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
JRPGs generally don't exactly demand positioning. There's probably a few action RPGs where that might be pretty in. For music in general, Ar Tonelico's got an awesome soundtrack so you might want to try that.
I remember one of the earlier PS2 Atelier games had sound setting in the options. Don't remember if the setting went up to 4.0 or 5.1 speakers. I think it was Atelier Viorate, but don't hold me to it. Definitely pre-Iris though.
Speaking of JRPGs, I gotta go finish Tales of Symphonia on PS2. Never got around to finishing that.
EDIT: There looks like a nice poem or something in your avatar, Mshenay. I can't read it due to the crap resolution. You got a larger picture of that?
Edited by HalidePisces - 11/3/12 at 8:46pmpost #8842 of 3080111/3/12 at 8:57pmThread Starterpost #8843 of 3080111/3/12 at 9:36pm
MLE, I think astro is wrapping up independent sale of the mixamp and exclusively selling it with the a30/40 headset. 'tis a sad day in audiophile gaming. Now the minimum price is 200 dollars for the mixamp plus the cancerous a30 headset.post #8844 of 3080111/3/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
What makes you say that? i heard they were going to sell them standalone again in December...post #8845 of 3080111/3/12 at 10:23pmThread Starterpost #8846 of 3080111/3/12 at 11:42pmQuote:
Agreed. In a headphone buying guide posted on this site, whoever wrote it said they preferred the A30s to the A40s! Ha!
By the way, I made a video comparing my experience between the old and the new Astro A40s. You guys can check it out if you want :)post #8847 of 3080111/4/12 at 12:09ampost #8848 of 3080111/4/12 at 1:56amMy DT990/600 is getting here on friday....i'm very excited to try them and a bit worried at the same time. Excited to see if this will blow me away and worried that it might not make a significant enough difference to justify the price.
It's kinda funny how this forum skews are our views on prices lol. A year ago I would have never foreseen myself dropping $100 on headphones much less $200.
Guess I'll find out soon enough if it was worth it.post #8849 of 3080111/4/12 at 1:22amThread StarterQuote:
Holy cow dude, you have a radio DJ's voice! Your voice is basically perfect for these sorts of reviews.
Very nice comparison.
Sounded professional, yet like a buddy telling their friend about the Mixamp. Awesome.
I wonder how much hiss the new one has compared to the 5.8. The 5.8's hiss is basically a non-issue even during quiet scenes.
Probably like AX720 hiss?
My HD650 will be coming hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I sincerely hope I become a fan and join this appreciation thread.
I'm literally gonna compare tonal balance to the KSC35, which is similar to the KSC75, but warmer. If the HD650 sounds like a super KSC35, I will be QUITE happy. I know these graphs aren't ever truly accurate, but it's interesting to see anyways. The KSC35 being slightly warmer than the KSC75, would put them to have a similar signature to the HD650, lower bass aside. We'll see.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/4/12 at 5:13ampost #8850 of 3080111/4/12 at 5:25amSo the hiss on the 2013 mix amp only starts at 60% volume. What is a normal listening volume for you guys? Does the 5.8 hiss start to become noticeable at around the same 60% mark?
Edited by ronswanson - 11/4/12 at 5:29am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › "The Lab" 37 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 minutes ago
- › WTB Hifiman He-6 9 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Designing Balance Cable for Ray Samuels RSA SR-71B, latest version!! 17 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2