Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1220

post #18286 of 30681

Have the ADG1s come to the US yet?

post #18287 of 30681

Any word on how the AKG k712 do for gaming. MLE...any possibility of a review on these? I understand some generous member would have to send you a pair to demo...is this possibly in the works. 

 

I just stumbled upon them and they seem interesting and I am looking at getting a new set of cans.

 

Thanks.

post #18288 of 30681
Thread Starter 
I'm pretty sure they'll be similar to the K702 Annies in score, etc.
post #18289 of 30681

And the Annies are beast, so I'm sure the K712 would be as well.

post #18290 of 30681

I've seen them for $399.00, I also saw that there is a k812 coming out, but they look like they have leather/pleather ear pads which I am not too fond of. MLE (or anybody) what's your preference on a all a rounder maybe slightly geared toward gaming can. The Fidelio or the Annies?

post #18291 of 30681

Hi, I want to buy a new set of sound peripherals and a sound card. I don’t want to spend more than 150€.

 

Are the Creative Aurvana Live! a good option or there is a better headphone or headset close in price?

 

A good sound card to give surround better than my onboard on the asus formula v Realtek ALC889?

 

And for last a good microphone?

 

Thanks for your time and excuse my bad English.

post #18292 of 30681

I'm having trouble deciding between the Razer Kraken and SteelSeries Siberia V2.

 

I'm going to be using it with the Astro Mixamp and will be going to competitive LAN competitions.

 

Which one is better?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Kraken-Over-Music-Headset/dp/B009SJR2BE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1385329505&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002Q8IHDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385329172&sr=8-2&keywords=steelseries+siberia+v2

post #18293 of 30681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post

I'm having trouble deciding between the Razer Kraken and SteelSeries Siberia V2.

I'm going to be using it with the Astro Mixamp and will be going to competitive LAN competitions.

Which one is better?

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Kraken-Over-Music-Headset/dp/B009SJR2BE/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1385329505&sr=1-4
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002Q8IHDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385329172&sr=8-2&keywords=steelseries+siberia+v2

Have not heard the Krakens.
However I did hear the Siberia V2s and thought they were pretty good for the price.
post #18294 of 30681
You might have to make that decision based on Amazon's reviews. I doubt anyone here has tried either...
post #18295 of 30681
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB305 View Post
 

Any word on how the AKG k712 do for gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll be similar to the K702 Annies in score, etc.

 

Yeah, the score will pretty much be the same between them.  

 

Overall, I prefer the K712 slightly over the Anniversary.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB305 View Post
 

I've seen them for $399.00, I also saw that there is a k812 coming out, but they look like they have leather/pleather ear pads which I am not too fond of. MLE (or anybody) what's your preference on a all a rounder maybe slightly geared toward gaming can. The Fidelio or the Annies?

 

 

The K712 and X1 are both great all-rounders, but I'd say the K712 is little more of an all-rounder since the X1 can be considered a tad bass heavy at times.  I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

 

The K812s are going to be way more expensive, competing with flagship headphones - not mid-fi cans.

post #18296 of 30681
Are you missing them at all, chico?
post #18297 of 30681
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

 

The K712 and X1 are both great all-rounders, but I'd say the K712 is little more of an all-rounder since the X1 can be considered a tad bass heavy at times.

 

 

 

From everything I have read the X1's are suppose to be really good with bass, enough to even satisfy bassheads (or some at least) which is one of the reasons I was looking at them for my 2nd pair of headphones, for that more immersive single player experience or when I listen to music (which happens to be all bass heavy music)

post #18298 of 30681

Oh and another question, can you use the Tritton AX720/720+ decoder box with a different headset?

post #18299 of 30681
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post
 

Oh and another question, can you use the Tritton AX720/720+ decoder box with a different headset?

Yes, you need to disconnect the headset at the puck (the controller midline) which reveals the 3.5mm connectors (mic and headphone).


Edited by DCB305 - 11/24/13 at 6:17pm
post #18300 of 30681
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

Yeah, the score will pretty much be the same between them.  

 

Overall, I prefer the K712 slightly over the Anniversary.

 

 

 

 

The K712 and X1 are both great all-rounders, but I'd say the K712 is little more of an all-rounder since the X1 can be considered a tad bass heavy at times.  I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

 

The K812s are going to be way more expensive, competing with flagship headphones - not mid-fi cans.

Thanks Chico, do you use an amp on them (the 712's)? Can you elaborate on your preference of the 712's over the Annie's...what about them makes you prefer them? Thanks.


Edited by DCB305 - 11/24/13 at 6:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)