- 15,368 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1166post #17476 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:42amThread StarterThe X1 sounds like a perfect fit then. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17477 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:44ampost #17478 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:45ampost #17479 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:46amThread StarterNot that it's bad per se. The X1 will still sound great with it, but bad in terms of resistance and it somewhat limits the potential of the X1 overall. You can easily just buy almost ANY 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, and it will more than likely be better than the stock cable. Something as cheap and sturdy as the Monoprice cables, or Mediabridge cables sold on Amazon will be an improvement, however subtle. they're like less than $10 overall. You can go to any store and buy an mp3 cable, and it will more than likely be better.post #17480 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:53ampost #17481 of 3042510/21/13 at 9:57amThread StarterThing is, Audeze was the same way, as was the Abyss planar. Upstarts which got a lot of hype, and ended up proving their worth. Oppo is not a new company and knows their stuff. I, frankly would believe in them more than the others.post #17482 of 3042510/21/13 at 10:06am
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
Edited by RageSaul - 10/21/13 at 10:18ampost #17483 of 3042510/21/13 at 10:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RageSaul
Haha ok ethan :P
And thanks MLE, I'll buy one of those. Thanks for all your help.
They don't mention the cable's impedance but... Should be fine, I guess...post #17484 of 3042510/21/13 at 10:43amThread StarterI dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/21/13 at 10:46ampost #17485 of 3042510/21/13 at 10:45am
When I get a desktop PC I was wondering when I should get a sound card, if I get one now my budget would be around $50 I think.
I would use the HD 558's with it and I would play mostly single player games like RPG's and some multyplayer FPS games on the side.post #17486 of 3042510/21/13 at 11:26am
Most onboard sound cards are pretty bad. One of the best decisions I made when I started getting into headphones, was buying an Asus xonar stx.
You dont need to spend that much, but there are some really good options around $50.post #17487 of 3042510/21/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I dunno, it looks a bit too fat to sit right on the X1's cable jack. Try and get one with a piece that sits between the barrel and where the actual piece that goes inside the jack...
Yeah I see, it's just they're not available on the UK amazon. I can't find any others with the design you said they needed for my country :/post #17488 of 3042510/21/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Can you give me a few name's? I checked the Asus xonar stx and it's too steep for my blood sadly.post #17489 of 3042510/21/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
Xonar DG or DGX. You could also pick up a used X-fi Titanium.post #17490 of 3042510/21/13 at 12:35pmQuote:DX if possible, I found the DGX to sound very dull.
Edited by ethan7000 - 10/23/13 at 9:20am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Gungnir USB2.0 19 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 25 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 32 seconds ago
- › FS Mint AKG K3003i with Warranty 50 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Eastern Electric MiniMax PLUS 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2