- 15,361 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1150post #17236 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:39pmThread StarterGood luck, and I hope whatever you get suits you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17237 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:49pmQuote:What's more comfortable about the X1? Better heat ventilation or something? (Again, I haven't tried the X1 myself, funkdoc)
Btw, I think the MA900 has slightly better imaging for the sensation of surround while gaming. You know, just to make the choice easier
And when I say the differences are small, I mean they are noticeable and would sway preferences, but the difference isn't like night and day (Beiber will still sound like a kid, etc)
Edited by Evshrug - 10/13/13 at 1:52pmpost #17238 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #17239 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #17240 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:52pmThread StarterLol, the headband padding on the X1 is infinitely superior than the Q701's bumps of doom. The X1's headband is probably my favorite outside of the Stax SR407 and MadDog comfort strap headbands.
I do prefer the Q701's pads over the X1 though. It breathes easier. I actually prefer their firmness over even the Annie's memory foam, which, like the X1, gets a little hotter. Overall though, I'll take the X1/Annie's pads with better headband, than the Q's better pads, and horrible headband.post #17241 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Lol, the headband padding on the X1 is infinitely superior than the Q701's bumps of doom. The X1's headband is probably my favorite outside of the Stax SR407 and MadDog comfort strap headbands.
I do prefer the Q701's pads over the X1 though. It breathes easier. I actually prefer their firmness over even the Annie's memory foam, which, like the X1, gets a little hotter. Overall though, I'll take the X1/Annie's pads with better headband, than the Q's better pads, and horrible headband.
Where I quoted you, you said the X1 was more comfortable than the K712... I was wondering if you knew something I didn't. With the newer K712 not having headband bumps, my only comfort gripe was solved.post #17242 of 3039010/13/13 at 1:56pmThread StarterHuh? Did I say that? I was referring the K712/Annie compare to the MA900, which I find more comfortable than everything else that isn't the KSC75.
And I do find the X1 more comfortable than the Annie (and I assume the K712), because the padding is better than than the padless headband on those AKGs. The pads are similar, however. Memory foam, that heat up just a little.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/13/13 at 1:57pmpost #17243 of 3039010/13/13 at 3:35pm
X1 is very comfortable. However, I can see the velour pads causing some heat issues in the warming months if your room is hot. Another issue some people have is that the felt(?) speaker covering can vibrate against your ears.
All that being said--I've been able to wear it for long periods of time with no discomfort.
The K712 pro surprised me...I thought that unpadded leather strap would be uncomfortable. It's not.post #17244 of 3039010/13/13 at 3:42pmHi lately I've been thinkng of upgrading from my HD558's and I wanted to know whats a good step up from them.
For what kinda sound I'm looking for I'm thinking of ether a more bassy sound (Since I listen to alot of high energy songs like rock metal and techno) or maybe something like my 558s only better I hear the AKG Q701's fit the latter.
Velour is a MUST since useing the HD 558s I can never go back to anything else.
I'm willing to pay $200 to $250. thank in advance.post #17245 of 3039010/13/13 at 3:43pmThread StarterSounds like the X1. The HD558 is a really solid pair of cans. I really like them. You might have to wait until they either go back doen to around $250, or buy them used.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/13/13 at 3:46pmpost #17246 of 3039010/13/13 at 4:00pmpost #17247 of 3039010/13/13 at 4:04pmThread StarterI find the 598 less pleasing than the 558... I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, more of a sidegrade with more mids, but similar sound otherwise. The 558 is more balanced to me, though slightly less detailed. It's easier to listen to the 558.post #17248 of 3039010/13/13 at 4:06pmpost #17249 of 3039010/13/13 at 4:13pmNot interested in the 598's since I hear there not that diffrent from the 558's.
And I do find the 558's awesome, they have served me well for music and gaming but I feel its time for something new. (Why do I have a feelling this is going to be a bad habit)post #17250 of 3039010/13/13 at 4:23pmThread Starter
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 6 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 52 seconds ago
- › Best full sized headphones under $200 for punk rock / rock /... 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2