Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1031

post #15451 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post


But what about the sound compare to your 990 Pro? If it wasn't for the comfort, would u keep the X1?

I didn't have them long and I'm not as much as an audiophile as everyone else here so it's a bit hard to comment, but yes, if I could replace the earpads on the X1 with the ones from the dt990 then I would have kept them.  I also want to clarify it was just the earpads that weren't that comfortable for me, but the other things like the overall size and comfort of the headband felt better than my 990 pro.

post #15452 of 30374
Having both, I find the sound and comfort better on the X1
post #15453 of 30374

Hey guys im looking for a cheap pair of gaming headphones for around $80 (less or more).  I have heard great things about the AD-700's but i have heard that the base is low and I want a pair that is good for fps ( BF3) and for normal use like music and YouTube.

post #15454 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by noTREEon View Post

Hey guys I'm looking for a cheap pair of gaming headphones for around $80 (less or more).  I have heard great things about the AD-700's but i have heard that the base is low and I want a pair that is good for fps ( BF3) and for normal use like music and YouTube.

If your music and movies do not need bass to sound good, get the AD700s.

post #15455 of 30374

I do many listen to techno half the time i'm not playing, any other recommendations? 

post #15456 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Having both, I find the sound and comfort better on the X1

Damn, it's nice that u have both smily_headphones1.gif So which one do u use more for gaming? I would assume the X1? Also u have the Sound Blaster Z sound card too. That is exactly what I want to get. Just not sure whether I should get the DT 990 Pro or the X1.
post #15457 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

Damn, it's nice that u have both smily_headphones1.gif So which one do u use more for gaming? I would assume the X1? Also u have the Sound Blaster Z sound card too. That is exactly what I want to get. Just not sure whether I should get the DT 990 Pro or the X1.
I really don't use the 990's for anything since getting the X1. They are awesome for immersive gaming and music. Lately I've been listening to a lot of modern jazz (aggressive bass and drums) and dubstep, both of which sound great. For classical, I prefer my Sennheisers, for a more natural and neutral sound, so it can depend on what you like to listen to. The SB Z puts out a really nice clear sound and has some great processing available. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with the Z + X1.
post #15458 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by noTREEon View Post

I do many listen to techno half the time i'm not playing, any other recommendations? 

Check out the CAL (Creative Aurvana Live!), it's by far the best bang for your buck out there for a gaming/musicality combo and they're right around your price range.  The AD700 is going to be a bit more sterile sounding and I'd only recommend them for serious competitive gaming and if you are using 3D virtualization software, but you can always use EQ if they seem bass-light I suppose - the CAL is pretty warm.  The AD700 will have the benefits of open headphones with a wider soundstage and more air.  The CAL is really great if you need -or- don't mind a closed headphone - I've personally not tried them with surround software, but I still feel they position well in some well-suited games alone.  I got my brother a pair and he loves them so far (slowly easing him to the dark side evil_smiley.gif) and I can say they are quite enjoyable in games like BF3.  MLE's review of them is accurate from my experience.

post #15459 of 30374

Seconded on the CAL! recommendation.

post #15460 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

Check out the CAL (Creative Aurvana Live!), it's by far the best bang for your buck out there for a gaming/musicality combo and they're right around your price range.  The AD700 is going to be a bit more sterile sounding and I'd only recommend them for serious competitive gaming and if you are using 3D virtualization software, but you can always use EQ if they seem bass-light I suppose - the CAL is pretty warm.  The AD700 will have the benefits of open headphones with a wider soundstage and more air.  The CAL is really great if you need -or- don't mind a closed headphone - I've personally not tried them with surround software, but I still feel they position well in some well-suited games alone.  I got my brother a pair and he loves them so far (slowly easing him to the dark side evil_smiley.gif) and I can say they are quite enjoyable in games like BF3.  MLE's review of them is accurate from my experience.

I agree CAL is awesome. Strap some HM5 pads on there if you have bigger ears and you have one of the lightest most comfortable under 100 phones around. 

I would add Koss KSC75, Portapros with clips, or Samson SR80/Superlux 668b to your list as well.

post #15461 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailin View Post

I agree CAL is awesome. Strap some HM5 pads on there if you have bigger ears and you have one of the lightest most comfortable under 100 phones around. 
I would add Koss KSC75, Portapros with clips, or Samson SR80/Superlux 668b to your list as well.

What are HM5 pads that u're talking about? Are they velour?
post #15462 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

I really don't use the 990's for anything since getting the X1. They are awesome for immersive gaming and music. Lately I've been listening to a lot of modern jazz (aggressive bass and drums) and dubstep, both of which sound great. For classical, I prefer my Sennheisers, for a more natural and neutral sound, so it can depend on what you like to listen to. The SB Z puts out a really nice clear sound and has some great processing available. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with the Z + X1.

Damn, so you been using the X1 over the 990 since u got the X1? The X1 is really that good over the 990 Pro?
post #15463 of 30374

The X1s are absolutely amazing!

post #15464 of 30374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post


What are HM5 pads that u're talking about? Are they velour?

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

 

Nope not velour.

post #15465 of 30374

I really think the Sony MDR-MA900 needs to be added to this review. They are phenomenal for gaming, their soundstage is incredible and very 3D sounding. I honestly think their soundstage is quite a bit better than the Q701s and HD 598s, both of which can sound a bit congested and 2D in comparison.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)