- 13,796 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1027post #15391 of 305457/24/13 at 9:15amMmm...don't you love sweat-soaked velour pads? XD
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15392 of 305457/24/13 at 9:52amQuote:MW2 has only home-theater type surround, there's nothing in the audio engine to account for height cues to the sound. Something that has been lamented over and over... so, that's not your headphone's fault, that's the game engine's fault. 3D surround, which was really only ever practical with headphones, was a thing, a very good thing, but since consoles don't support it most game developers have let 3D surround fall by the wayside.Originally Posted by dakanao
Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and I gamed like 2 hours straight with my K540's, and they didn't sweat or anything like that, just becamse a tiny bit hot, just a tiny bit. I must say however, if there are multiple enemies around me in MW2, and 2 of them are like upstairs and 2 of them to the sides, it's VERY hard to pinpoint were they're coming from. It only works when they're close to you. I'd give them a 4 for competitive gaming.post #15393 of 305457/24/13 at 9:58amQuote:
78 is also nice! Anywhere from 70-90 is a great temperature. Its not until 95 that I start complaining, and at about 105 I won't even walk out the door. Mmm, Texas weather!post #15394 of 305457/24/13 at 1:06pmpost #15395 of 305457/24/13 at 1:06pmThread StarterI need to be at less than 75 degrees farenheit to not wanna throw any headphones off my head. I can't stand heat l, and I get hot easy. My house is basically set to 71-72 at all times.
As far as vertical positional cues... they are non existent in console gaming, so don't try. Certain sound effects in certain games and movies will give the impression they are vertical, but it's all in your head, as you try and process what you see on screen. Games have a horizontal soundstage nowadays.
Things like Dolby Headphone are simulating speakers in a room. And speakers in a room will be to the front and behind you, not above or below.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/24/13 at 1:20pmpost #15396 of 305457/24/13 at 9:18pm
How would a regular set of headphones without the 7.1 surround sound/Dolby Headphone perform in game? Is there a range of positional awareness on headphones without 7.1 surround? Or is positional awareness pretty universal across the board without 7.1? This is for computers too. I know this is a console guide but figured I'd ask anyway.post #15397 of 305457/24/13 at 9:30pmThread StarterI personally feel that good headphones in basic stereo are very similar in positional accuracy. Lots of left to right cues, and everything in between. No real depth forward or backwards. This is with all types of headphones I have used.post #15398 of 305457/25/13 at 12:57amQuote:
I agree and I always advise (despite the lack of better binaural from good old times) that cues should be evaluated blindly. Many people say stereo is sufficient for positioning but they forget the visual references that help their brain (pardon my English) approximate the distances or directions.post #15399 of 305457/25/13 at 6:08ampost #15400 of 305457/25/13 at 6:46amThread StarterThere are definitely certain games (lots of indie games) that aren't even capable of virtual surround as well.
While I find virtual surround to be helpful for any and every kind of game out there due to the expansion of virtual space, it isn't always necessary.post #15401 of 305457/25/13 at 7:00am
It would probably be nice if Infinity Ward would stop milking the same outdated and obsolete engine over and over. It's already showing signs of age with MW3; I can hardly imagine why, with all the resources they have, they have chosen to reuse the engine again for Ghosts.post #15402 of 305457/25/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Because they know people will buy it anyways. Why put more work into something when you're going to break sales records using old tech?post #15403 of 305457/25/13 at 8:10amCOD GHOSTS will be availble for the new and the old consoles. So this will be a bridge game. I finf the videos they show do look very good, so why do they need a complete new engine. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. And as the software is modular, they can tweak it a lot. They could even give us a better sound engine.
But when playing the multyplayer, I don't have time to concentrate too much on the verticalness or not of the sound. I might get killed doing so....
Btw GHOSTS is on preorder already......post #15404 of 305457/25/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Murder Mike
I feel like that attitude has finally caught up to them and ghost will be overshadowed by BF4, watchdogs, The Division (2014) and possibly Titan Fall. They're all bringing new things to the table and COD will basically be the same is every way except for the dog. I'll probably rent it or wait until the price drops. BF4 and Forza 5 will be where all my time will be spent.
Thanks,post #15405 of 305457/25/13 at 8:43am
Personally, I'm still surprised people buy CoD at all! Then again, I don't enjoy FPSes, so I probably can't tell when there's a reason to get it over the other FPSes...
Edited by daleb - 7/25/13 at 8:44am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 41 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 51 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 2 minutes ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2