- 56 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 908post #13606 of 306675/17/13 at 8:38pmSo, get that the semi-open cans are better in terms of sound quality (over the SLYRs) but by what degree/significance? And which is comfier: the Samson SASR850's or the Superlux 668b's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13607 of 306675/17/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
The SR850s... or at least, by looks, they win in the comfort department. I've heard the wing design is very stiff making it uncomfortable.post #13608 of 306675/17/13 at 8:48pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
I just wanted to separately give you kudos for your PLYR 1 review. You're in your stride about how to cover a headphone, and you still manage to report the technical while also managing to make me kinda want to own whatever headphone you praise, if I were to indulge myself. SkullCandy is lucky to have found you
I was just in BestBuy and saw Astro A40 + Mixamp bundle selling for ~$250, so the PLYR 1 is apparently one of the better wireless headsets, for less money, same Dolby Headphone processing, and "Winner!" Tonal balance... sounds like a good option if you must have wireless. Could someone optionally wire in a headphone into the base station?
That's the only real drawback, you can't hook up another headphone.
As for my latest computer problem, it's more than likely a bad graphics card, as I had the same problem when I downhraded to windows 7 on a fresh install. I just don't like AMDs method of driver updates and the like. The Enduro was real problematic. I was running some demos, and running on Enduro was cutting my framera5e by half over just using the dedicated gfx (which only displayed on external monitors, not the laptop screen.)post #13609 of 306675/17/13 at 11:48pmMost people think the SR850's headband is more comfortable because it distributes the weight of the headphone more evenly across the top of the users head. You can also get the AKG K271 velour pads if you don't like the stock vinyl pads, they make the cans much more comfortable and improve the sound a bit too from what I've heard. The difference in SQ won't be gigantic, but it will be significant.
Edited by HiFiGamer1995 - 5/17/13 at 11:59pmpost #13610 of 306675/18/13 at 5:09amHmmm.... And how bad is the sound leakage? How far away would a person have to be to be able to hear what I hear? I say this because, if I do get the SR850's, I will also be getting a Modmic, and I don't want to echo the game...
Edited by Zaruk - 5/18/13 at 6:53ampost #13611 of 306675/18/13 at 5:23amQuote:
I also received my JVC two-three months ago and I find them incredibly good for watching movies, anime and my favorite FOX series. Still haven't tried them with gaming on either console or PC, but I honestly think that you'll love them (I wrote my first impression in their fan thread if you want to give it a read).
Great review on the PLYR Mad. Very enjoyable read!
Edited by Naingolann - 5/18/13 at 5:25ampost #13612 of 306675/18/13 at 6:53ampost #13613 of 306675/18/13 at 6:58ampost #13614 of 306675/18/13 at 10:07ampost #13615 of 306675/18/13 at 10:09ampost #13616 of 306675/18/13 at 10:12amThe Astro Mixamp is the best on the market for consoles (assuming you're on Xbox 360 because you have the X12), but it's $130. It's something you should buy down the road.
Edited by HiFiGamer1995 - 5/18/13 at 10:17ampost #13617 of 306675/18/13 at 10:32am
If you are using a computer for gaming, then you can get a usb sound card like the Xonar U3. You may already have a sound card with virtual surround sound, though.
edit: or maybe the "Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Go! Pro"?
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 10:33ampost #13618 of 306675/18/13 at 10:32am
I typically game on the PC nowadays, and the X12 works on PC as well, but it will become my Xbox 360 set once the SR850 and Modmic arrive. What meant was if you guys new of any decent sound cards/DACs/Amps that work well for a PC...post #13619 of 306675/18/13 at 10:56amQuote:
How about the Xonar DG? Its really cheap for a sound card.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-D77 Eggo [Legendary Portable Headphones] [Barely Used] 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2