I was thinking that my next purchase might be some Mad Dogs but now those X1s popped up but I'd still rather wait and get them domestically.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 661
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9902 of 3729412/19/12 at 10:44pmThread StarterThey are sold to the US by Accessoryjack. Its the only place that sells them to here other than Ebay.
But I was hoping they would be sold on Amazon like the L1. Ah well... beggars can't be choosers.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/19/12 at 10:49pmpost #9903 of 3729412/19/12 at 10:52pmpost #9904 of 3729412/19/12 at 10:56pmThread StarterThey are based in Hong Kong, but they ship directly here (free 1-2 day shipping).
http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones/hifi/philips-fidelio-x1-high-fidelity-open-air-headphones-black.htmlpost #9905 of 3729412/19/12 at 11:20pmpost #9906 of 3729412/19/12 at 11:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
If you want a summary, it does everything from 240p analog RGB from retro consoles to 1080p/24 over HDMI (as long as it's not HDCP-encrypted). It's the most comprehensive capture device I've found for gaming because of that, and at $120-125 shipped, it's not all that expensive.
The only drawback is added input lag if viewing the signal through the capture card, which varies depending on the software used (and probably other PC hardware too), but that happens with pretty much any capture device. If the review is anything to go by, the lowest times are around 14ms, which is just under the 16ms that a 60 Hz frame lasts for.
I only have one remaining question with this card that said review did not answer: does it take 5.1 or even 7.1 LPCM over the HDMI input?
My man. That's awesome. Even if it is HDCP-encrypted, in comes the HDfury, lol. Or I could do Component to the capture card and HDMI to my receiver, if possible? What a great price!! Hmm, no worries. Yeah, I'm curious as well.post #9907 of 3729412/19/12 at 11:38pm
Ditto, early reviews make them sound dreamy, and they look great too. Really looking forward to MLE's review, Accessoryjack's price isn't even too bad... $420's what? Maybe $50-70 more than we'd expect if they were released here and available elsewhere? (at most)
Edited by Impulse - 12/20/12 at 12:00ampost #9908 of 3729412/19/12 at 11:58pmThread StarterYeah. If it wasnt for the HE400, I would have the X1 by now. Im pretty sure I have a place only for one, so assuming I can get the X1 to sit on my head (gonna be close), I'm probably gonna be an X1 man.post #9909 of 3729412/20/12 at 12:24amQuote:
You could do component to the capture card and HDMI to the receiver if the console in question supports simultaneous video output like that. I don't think the PS3 does; I found out the hard way that if it's set for HDMI, it will only output video through HDMI and not the PS A/V multi-out port until you hook it up to an HDMI display and set it for analog video output. Had to borrow my brother's bedroom HDTV because of that...
Other consoles may vary.post #9910 of 3729412/20/12 at 1:06amThread StarterNo current consoles output video through multiple sources. Audio, yes. Video...no.
You could just get an HDMI splitter though...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/20/12 at 1:07ampost #9911 of 3729412/20/12 at 5:56ampost #9912 of 3729412/20/12 at 6:02amThread StarterIf someone buys them for me at that price and ships them here, then I'd be eternally grateful.
I'd obviously compensate the cost+shipping, though I prefer it be someone with some time spent on Head-fi.
Time to get started on my SLYR review. Still on the fence on the SLYR's scores, though I'm leaning on 8 fun-7 competitive.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/20/12 at 6:05ampost #9913 of 3729412/20/12 at 6:49ampost #9914 of 3729412/20/12 at 6:53amThread StarterI don't have problems with the audio dropping out, but I use my own USB cable...
So the first post layout has been edit for easier browsing. Hope you guys like it. I was gonna start on the SLYR, but wanted to get that done first. The SLYR review will be up in the next few days. I promise.
Calpis, Nameless, and Chico, you three are on my mind when it comes to loaning my stuff out, so as soon as my stuff is situated, you three can expect some loans, soonish.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/20/12 at 7:10ampost #9915 of 3729412/20/12 at 8:32amQuote:
You definitely make them sound irresistible compared to the review I gave in the X1 thread. I agree that the bass is somewhere around the DT990 level, they do have an HD650 sound characteristic to them so the mids are more recessed than a DT880 and DT990. I think the highs are more pronounced than the HD650 but another person whom has a significantly more expensive equipment setup than me (I simply use an ASUS Xonar Essence ST sound card), says the highs might be more recessed than the HD650. From what I have read about the AKG K701/702's the mids and highs are definitely not that pronounced. I think the sound stage is quite large especially when I directly compare them to my DT 880's, but I have never tested the acclaimed Audio-Technica AD700's or Sennheiser PC360's so take my word here with a bit of skepticism. From what I have read those two headphones are the kings for sound stage and positioning and I'm not sure how the X1's stack up to that. MLE will be able to comment on that more when he gets his pair early next year. Comfort is definitely unrivaled. I thought the DT 990 premiums were the pinnacle of comfort until I started using the X1's. That velour memory foam is really awesome. And yes, aesthetically they do look pretty sharp except for the cheapish looking cable.
My guess is that MLE will have the following ratings for the headphones:
Fun - 9 (truly amazing cinematic headphones for movies and gaming)
Competitive - 7-8 (recessed signature compared to the DT880/990 and gaming headsets which push the treble on purpose)
Comfort - 9-10 (the earpads are EPIC)
Edited by cib24 - 12/20/12 at 8:36am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 28 seconds ago
- › iPhone7 Plus + Sony MDR-1A + ??? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Merry Melodies - Mark's Picks 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Xduoo X3 Copper 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › CIEM for under $1000 USD, mainly to listen to sound tracks and... 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear