I'm an architect. it's tough, are you sure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 383384/15/11 at 4:55pm
I used to do architectural drawings. It's what I had planned on going to school for, but gave it up.post #993 of 383384/15/11 at 4:56pmpost #994 of 383384/15/11 at 5:01pmpost #995 of 383384/15/11 at 5:04pm
Yeah, Well, I'm going on and off to certain countries for meetings and perhaps one day i'ma live in new york. hope that I can manage to do so.
but if were chosen to live in a certain place, let it be.
Though there's nothing to be afraid, Tel Aviv is a great city to live in.post #996 of 383384/15/11 at 5:08pmpost #997 of 383384/15/11 at 5:17pmpost #998 of 383384/15/11 at 6:47pmpost #999 of 383384/16/11 at 1:05pmpost #1000 of 383384/16/11 at 1:29pmYou'd probably want something closed and with more bass to help with the immersion. Some Denons or Beyer DT770s would probably be a better choice. If your on more of a budget I'd take the M50 over the AD700s for RPGs as well.post #1001 of 383384/16/11 at 4:48pmQuote:
I wouldn't purchase the AD700s for something like rpgs. It's way too analytical, and sounds aren't immersive in the slightest. You'll want some closed or semi-open cans with more bass.post #1002 of 383384/16/11 at 5:25pmpost #1003 of 383384/16/11 at 8:30pm
I suggest the Denon Headphones. Though I rarely see any comments on them here used in gaming. Maybe I can share my impressions on them.
I got my Denon AH-D1100 and for the first few weeks in gaming, I was disappointed to hear so much mid-bass hump in them, it literally crushes my ears when using DSS with Bass Boost...but after a month of burn-in, the bass became tamed and the soundstage became even wider, even the imaging improved a lot. I even prefer it to my Senheisser HD558 because of the better imaging (though soundtage is larger in the Senn HD558) and enveloping. I also use them when I watch tv series and the imaging is much better even without an amp. For SQ, low-end spectrum is more prominent but it can also produce sparkle in the highs. Mids are not forward, which is slightly recessed compared to Senn HD558.
IMO it's a best price for a closed-can, if you are going for a mid-isolating type of cans. Though, Denons have also the old D2000 up to their high-end D7000. The package comes with a short chord for portable use but they included a seperate 3m interconnect chord. Don't worry about the ankled headband though after a while, you will not be bothered by them because of the comfortable pads and mostly the excellent sound immersive experience in your games. The design is also okay, not glossy, manageable to clean and very durable. So I think I'm very satisfied with my Denon AH-D1100 in terms sq on gaming and portable music and also in terms of price.post #1004 of 383384/16/11 at 8:40pm
Oh also I heard the Creative Aurvana Live (CAL), which is very fun and musical portable headphone which I only heard through audition. It is more pricey than the Denon AH-D1100 though but I think they can be a candidate for a closed-can headphone which not only can be used for gaming but also for portability as well.
Note that I preferred my headphones to be portable too: not only used for gaming at home (PC or Console) but also to be used for transport or in the office or gaming outside. That's why I preferred the Denons (AH-D1100/1001/2000) than the Beyer-class (DT770/880/990) or any open headphones. And possible on my current funds, I can get a Ultrasone Ed8 but should have their SQ getting used-to, since on my first-audition I'm not initially impressed with them.post #1005 of 383384/16/11 at 8:56pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Nordost Heimdall 2 balanced for Focal Utopia 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear