I'm an architect. it's tough, are you sure?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #992 of 374444/15/11 at 4:55pm
I used to do architectural drawings. It's what I had planned on going to school for, but gave it up.post #993 of 374444/15/11 at 4:56pmpost #994 of 374444/15/11 at 5:01pmpost #995 of 374444/15/11 at 5:04pm
Yeah, Well, I'm going on and off to certain countries for meetings and perhaps one day i'ma live in new york. hope that I can manage to do so.
but if were chosen to live in a certain place, let it be.
Though there's nothing to be afraid, Tel Aviv is a great city to live in.post #996 of 374444/15/11 at 5:08pmpost #997 of 374444/15/11 at 5:17pmpost #998 of 374444/15/11 at 6:47pmpost #999 of 374444/16/11 at 1:05pmpost #1000 of 374444/16/11 at 1:29pmYou'd probably want something closed and with more bass to help with the immersion. Some Denons or Beyer DT770s would probably be a better choice. If your on more of a budget I'd take the M50 over the AD700s for RPGs as well.post #1001 of 374444/16/11 at 4:48pmQuote:
I wouldn't purchase the AD700s for something like rpgs. It's way too analytical, and sounds aren't immersive in the slightest. You'll want some closed or semi-open cans with more bass.post #1002 of 374444/16/11 at 5:25pmpost #1003 of 374444/16/11 at 8:30pm
I suggest the Denon Headphones. Though I rarely see any comments on them here used in gaming. Maybe I can share my impressions on them.
I got my Denon AH-D1100 and for the first few weeks in gaming, I was disappointed to hear so much mid-bass hump in them, it literally crushes my ears when using DSS with Bass Boost...but after a month of burn-in, the bass became tamed and the soundstage became even wider, even the imaging improved a lot. I even prefer it to my Senheisser HD558 because of the better imaging (though soundtage is larger in the Senn HD558) and enveloping. I also use them when I watch tv series and the imaging is much better even without an amp. For SQ, low-end spectrum is more prominent but it can also produce sparkle in the highs. Mids are not forward, which is slightly recessed compared to Senn HD558.
IMO it's a best price for a closed-can, if you are going for a mid-isolating type of cans. Though, Denons have also the old D2000 up to their high-end D7000. The package comes with a short chord for portable use but they included a seperate 3m interconnect chord. Don't worry about the ankled headband though after a while, you will not be bothered by them because of the comfortable pads and mostly the excellent sound immersive experience in your games. The design is also okay, not glossy, manageable to clean and very durable. So I think I'm very satisfied with my Denon AH-D1100 in terms sq on gaming and portable music and also in terms of price.post #1004 of 374444/16/11 at 8:40pm
Oh also I heard the Creative Aurvana Live (CAL), which is very fun and musical portable headphone which I only heard through audition. It is more pricey than the Denon AH-D1100 though but I think they can be a candidate for a closed-can headphone which not only can be used for gaming but also for portability as well.
Note that I preferred my headphones to be portable too: not only used for gaming at home (PC or Console) but also to be used for transport or in the office or gaming outside. That's why I preferred the Denons (AH-D1100/1001/2000) than the Beyer-class (DT770/880/990) or any open headphones. And possible on my current funds, I can get a Ultrasone Ed8 but should have their SQ getting used-to, since on my first-audition I'm not initially impressed with them.post #1005 of 374444/16/11 at 8:56pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Choosing sound cards. 32 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 37 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 47 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 59 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear