It is not that I refuse it, it is fun for music, but I listen to a lot of hip hop with lots of treble and bass, so it is kind of irritating to listen to it while working because of the treble, but for active listening it is ok
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 54post #796 of 373183/18/11 at 12:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #797 of 373183/18/11 at 3:20pmQuote:Makes me really feel like getting the 32ohms. How's positional awareness, treble, etc?
Been playing a ton of Dead Space 2 and I have no complaints about positioning. Bass is superb as well, especially with the Plasma Cutter (packs a hell of a punch for such a small gun). For treble, I'm too experienced with it, but I didn't notice any fatigue/annoyance from high-pitched sounds if that's what you mean.Quote:is it bad enough that you would refuse to use it for music?
I listened to rock and hip hop music for about 2 hours straight last night directly from my laptop's terrible sound card (iTunes, EQ off) and again, no fatigue or anything from high-pitched sounds.
Edited by boomer12 - 3/18/11 at 3:34pmpost #798 of 373183/19/11 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #799 of 373183/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #800 of 373183/19/11 at 5:27pm
He's retired from here. He told me he has downgraded to only the KSC75 and Super Mario Brothers 3. He told me not to tell anyone.
post #801 of 373183/19/11 at 5:51pm
I just got the dt990/32 about 2 weeks ago and am very happy with them! They work awesome with the mixamp and sound great and full while listening to music.
My question is how come the round part around the earcup is blue?post #802 of 373183/19/11 at 5:56pm
It means it's fake! Kidding, it's just to show that some models are the 32 ohm version. Strangely my DT-880 32 ohm version doesn't have that and I confirmed it's 32 ohms.
So far I'm loving my DT-880 also. Definitely a keeper. Usually when I love a headphone on the first day, often I'll like it a whole lot less the next day. Not this time. What makes no sense is that it's less fatiguing than my HD-650 I also got 2 weeks ago.
Can't wait to try them with gaming tonight. They're also not as boring as I expected.Quote:post #803 of 373183/19/11 at 6:05pm
-when you're listening to music, are you using an amp or are your plugging directly into laptop/mp3 player?
-whats your opinion on the treble, is it bothersome?
I just got my mixamp today but waiting for a good deal on the 990/32 to splurge on. Meanwhile, I'll have to use the Senn HD201s or my surround sound. Oh well, gotta be patient.Quote:post #804 of 373183/19/11 at 6:12pmQuote:
What? Really?post #805 of 373183/19/11 at 7:26pmThread Starter
Probably some mod friend of someone I was arguing against on another topic decided to delete my post? No worries. I still have it up on AVS. Lol.
The post is back for the most part.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/19/11 at 7:31pmpost #806 of 373183/19/11 at 7:45pmQuote:
And you did anyway.post #807 of 373183/19/11 at 7:51pmQuote:
lolwut?post #808 of 373183/19/11 at 8:28pm
I've taken this post from a gaming forum (with permission) that's worth noting here.Quote:So firstly: I've noticed a lot of people recommending surround headsets. STOP IT. They are a bad idea no matter the price range; I'll explain the how and why.
Why you should NOT buy surround sound headsets:
Basically means the speakers inside the case.
6 drivers in a pair of $120 headphones = 6*$10 drivers and a pricetag for gaming headphones.
2 drivers in a pair of $100 headphones = 2*more expensive drivers and markup. (for simplicity sake, take it as expensive = better)
Basically this means you're paying money for a collection of bad speakers inside a headset, which will interfere with each other creating an overall muddled and confusing sound especially in games where all the speakers are going at once. Meaning that what you get isn't necessarily surround at all. In fact the speakers are so close to your head the only benefit from having 6 of them is.... well... I'll get back to you on that one.
I have used the following surround headsets, among others:
Razer Barracuda 5.1
All exhibited extremely low quality casing, cords, connectors and very low comfort. Zalmans broke within the month. Medusa's last a bit longer, but fall apart around the half a year mark. Razers fall apart upon unboxing, if they make it that far it takes them a week or two to basically shit themselves (friend's replaced a pair twice in as many months). Tritton take about 2 months to become totally unusable.
Guess they aren't even sturdy for the whopping price tag are they?
Sound problems change from headphone to headphone, but here's a few that are common with surround sets:
Tinny sound due to having several speakers in an enclosed space.
The cheaper drivers also means less detail. Universally true. Combining a bundle of cheap speakers in a closed space really was a good idea now, wasn't it?
So what's the point in spending your hard earned dollars for lifeless sound, fake surround, poor build quality, uncomfortable headphones; when you can buy a cheap pair of stereophones that will last longer, sound better, give better directional and are mostly more comfortable aswell? There's no reason to buy a surround headset. Believe me I've owned them, and used other people's; from a price range of 60 bucks to 250. None warrant a purchase.
Side Note: USB headsets are just as bad, yes they are! Combine them with surround and you're burning money.
LOL: G35's/Gamecom 777's only warrant immediate offload into the nearest trash recepticle.
Edited by Synergy Sound - 3/19/11 at 8:29pmpost #809 of 373183/19/11 at 10:14pm
I have to disagree with this. In terms of pure information to help one in a multiplayer map, the Sharkoon x-tatic digital, a multiple drivers headset, similar to tritton axpro, was the best headset I have tried in all the configuration I tried.
I could hear more than half the maps and could clearly distinguish directions. I only stopped using multiple drivers headset as I was afraid it was too much drivers next to my head (8 drivers). It couldn't give me the audio quality I get from my pc360, but it gave me more information even at lower volume.
The drivers don't muffle on another. The sound was clear, but I do think many people won't deal well with it because it is just too much information, but I just loved. I could hear everything from everywhere, in gears of war 2 for example I could locate everyone in the map. With dolby digital, I would have to turn the volume way high to hear things I can hear with lower volumes using multiple drivers headset.
In fact I have money put aside to buy a multi driver headset when gears of war 3 comes by, as mad catz will have headset which won't require one to plug it on the controller, as part of the deal they signed with microsoft earlier this year.Quote:
Edited by mcnoiserdc - 3/19/11 at 10:15pmpost #810 of 373183/19/11 at 10:55pm
Hi, my KSC75 just died so i'm looking for a new gaming headphone.
Considering about Koss Pro DJ 100 and JVC HA-RX700, which are at the same price $70-80 and available at my location.
Do they worth the money upgrading from KSC75 or just buy a new one ?
Any advice ?
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO releases the new amplifier A5 that strives for perfection 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear