I game with an E9 I picked up off MLE. Dolby headphone into the E9 then out to my Q701s using the 1/4" output. Sounds fantastic. I haven't heard the O2 firsthand, but from what people have mentioned with it in another thread (Q701 appreciation) the O2 pairs nicely.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 495post #7411 of 372839/7/12 at 8:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7412 of 372839/7/12 at 10:37ampost #7413 of 372839/7/12 at 11:00ampost #7414 of 372839/7/12 at 11:28ampost #7415 of 372839/7/12 at 12:08pm
I always get a chuckle when someone randomly recognizes Cheese.
Also, for any PC gamers Amazon still has about a day and a half left on their Labor Day sale. Some nice games on there that go well with Dolby Headphone.post #7416 of 372839/7/12 at 2:27pmpost #7417 of 372839/7/12 at 4:10pmpost #7418 of 372839/7/12 at 5:55pmpost #7419 of 372839/7/12 at 7:06pmQuote:
First page is your friend... and so is MLE for writing the guide.
Mixamp, AX720 Decoder box, DSS/DSS2, Recon, reciever with DH/SC, Headzone amp all have their positives/negatives. Give more information and you'll be rewarded with a better recommendation based on your needs:
What system are you going to be playing on?
How important is voice chat?
How much is your budget?post #7420 of 372839/7/12 at 7:40pmThread Starterpost #7421 of 372839/7/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
It does NOT. I tried it myself; all you get is silence.
You'll have to use the SU-DH1 for any DTS sources.
Everyone else, prepare for more surround processor reviews! (Too bad one of them is discontinued, and it happens to be the ONLY reasonably-priced one with DTS support.)
Edited by NamelessPFG - 9/7/12 at 9:22pmpost #7422 of 372839/7/12 at 8:19pmThread StarterSigh, considering how everything is moving towards DTS, this is unnaceptable that all these NON-Dolby specific devices not decode DTS. That is just STUPID.post #7423 of 372839/8/12 at 2:14am
Just a heads up to anyone that wants a cheap solution to get DH on your PC. There's a few of the Plantronics Gamecom 777 usb adapters on ebay from around $9-$15 shipped and it does do DH. I have had the dongle since I bought that headset a couple years ago and works fine (never really used it since I mainly game on consoles).
Side note: This dongle processes audio to DH only by going from Dolby Pro Logic II -> 5.1 -> Dolby headphone. This is something I just realized when I was reading into it today. This only accepts 2 channel audio and there's no way to set it up to take in a pure 5.1 audio stream. But for the most part, it still works fine when testing this with the 5.1 mix of Gunbuster and setting the output as DPLII with ac3filter.
Edited by calpis - 9/8/12 at 2:15ampost #7424 of 372839/8/12 at 2:41amThread StarterSo basically, it will do the Pro Logic II variant of Dolby Headphone?
That's... not bad. the PLII version sounds echoey and extra processed in comparison to a DD 5.1 -> DH, but the positional cues are nearly as good, and at times, better than the real thing.
For that cheap, I'd get it...if I gamed on PC.post #7425 of 372839/8/12 at 4:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
TL; DR (I finally figured out what that means! Now I know why I got it all the time in replies and comments...)
Basically, ohms are part of it, and so is sensitivity. Head-Fi'ers generally say a headphone is hard to drive if it needs a lot of current.
It indeed is very entry level, but I have even more of an entry level budget than you do. Would I be "happier" if I wait for an O2? That's what I'm trying to find out, but it's just a decision in the end and an overall inconsequential fork in the road of life. Blip!
Oh, also, I noticed the Downtown has a flat cable
Agreed but current (amps) is useful for low impedance headphones as more amperage is required to over come them. In higher impedance headphones you need more voltage to overcome the resistance. (ohms) I'm sure you knew this but my problem here in lies that the 701 genre or family is really neither low ohm (32 and below) and high ohm (100+). So finding a willing source maybe difficult. One that has a high voltage and fast current if you will. A powerhouse of an amp.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Taction Technology KANNON Headphone 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 4 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear