Yes the E17 has treble and bass controls.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 462post #6916 of 379698/10/12 at 10:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6917 of 379698/10/12 at 10:25pmThread Starterpost #6918 of 379698/10/12 at 10:54pmpost #6919 of 379698/10/12 at 11:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
Well, the thing that concerns me about ATI/AMD cards these days happens to be the drivers.
Things weren't so bad when I was using a Radeon 9600 XT under Windows XP, but when I tried a notebook with a Mobility Radeon X2300 (which is actually a DX9.0c part, so it got shunted onto the "legacy" driver structure), the experience was pretty bad.
I also tested out an HD 4850 in my desktop before shipping it to a friend. It performed WORSE than my 8800 GT, contrary to most of the statements I've read. Maybe it improved after Catalyst 8.10 or 8.11, can't remember which of those two I used.
The one advantage I see with going ATI these days, if I really wanted to get into it, is bitcoin mining. Well, that and Eyefinity, but I'm only using a single monitor right now and don't see that changing for a while.
AMD drivers are much better than they were back in 05-07 or whenever the 8800 came out. If you have the money then 680s all the way. I am not a bandwagon fan of the 670s like most people but for 400 bucks you can't beat it. (I love it when AMD and NVidia have price wars!) I'd say go for the 7970s GHz as they are much better than the 7950s for the price. It's also all on what you need and the games you play. The 680s do bench a bit better than the 7970s but then again they came out months afterward. I'd say compare benchmarks and prices and go with what you like. I recommend EVGA, XFX, Sapphire, ASUS, and MSI. Gigabyte isn't bad and Power Color are good budget cards. Galaxy is terrabad. Gigabyte makes good motherboards but their cards are okay. Some cards work better underwater than they do on air too. Come up with an idea, a price, and a list of games and I'll talk to a few PC buds of mine and get a general consensus.Quote:Originally Posted by ruuku
I'll let you know once I receive the Q701, but I can only honestly compare with the Q, and not the K series because I've never heard them... should be early next week. I can only compare the AD900s to my DT990Pros, and honestly I think those two are too different in character to give a fair comparison. I can tell you this though, the fit on the AD900 is love it or hate it, and I hated it. The wing design isn't so bad on paper, but the drivers/driver housing is so big that the lower end of the pads rested on my lower jaw, and it was so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand it for longer than half an hour. Comfort (or lack thereof) definitely added to not wanting to keep it. OTOH the even with the increased clamp on the Pros, they are superb in terms of comfort. I honestly could wear these for hours.
Good to know. I use the Q701 myself and I like them but the fall off my head too easy and I hate that. (I don't really have a large head 7 1/8" hat size)
I also think I'm more prone to closed back because I run fans on my CPU (obv) and also many fans in my room just because it's so hot. Plus my wife and other people in the house so having a way to block out the noise would be nice. I do like how these sound when talking to people. It's very clear and crisp these 701 but being open backs they are very airy. I hope to hear good things about the HP. So which ones are you ordering again?... lol jk.
@whoever. You guys got screwed by those companies when trying to get your gear. They sent you nicer ones then wanted you to pay for their mistake? Sounds like a gimmick to me and a free upgrade.post #6920 of 379698/10/12 at 11:31pmThread StarterSo I FINALLY added images to the headphone listings! I know I was getting asked to do this via pm multiple times...
I never did it because that's wtf google is for. Oh well, it looks more professional?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/10/12 at 11:43pmpost #6921 of 379698/11/12 at 12:40am
Ohhhh.... pretty. Definitely looks good.
I just hope that people READ the descriptions.. I can see postings now that say... I bought model XXXX because it looked coolest to me... but they totally suck. I shouldn't say anything though as I still want a pair of 880s because they look damn good (to me...there's no accounting for taste).post #6922 of 379698/11/12 at 12:49amThread StarterThe 880s are one of the best looking headphones I've owned, easily. They're also damn good. Probably the best $250 or so headphone I've owned, despite it's slightly inferior positional cues. Seriously, for music, the DT880s at $250 may as well be an endgame headphone. They're that damn good. They do justice to everything, similar to how I feel of the HE400, with a more aggressive treble peak. I mean, there are some people who prefer the DT880 to the T1. That's saying a helluva lot.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/12 at 12:58ampost #6923 of 379698/11/12 at 1:07ampost #6924 of 379698/11/12 at 1:11amThread StarterIMHO, the Q701 is better for gaming, but for music? No brainer, the DT880s by a stretch.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/12 at 1:34ampost #6925 of 379698/11/12 at 3:48ampost #6926 of 379698/11/12 at 4:10am
SO! This guy on jsp wants a headset for 100 bucks that runs on PC and Xbox. *I'm lost here* This is all you MLE. I couldn't offer any combo with 100 bucks. Oh and it has to be a "good" one. lolQuote:Help Me Find A Good Wireless Headsetpost #6927 of 379698/11/12 at 5:42am
LOL! Turtle beach PX3... that's best I can come up with. Certainly not what I would consider "good" SQ wise, heck its not even Dolby.
You *could* direct him to this thread... MLE's seems to always be willing to help, confirm with him first though; I certainly don't want to volunteer MLE to help.
IF he's willing to shop around and be waiting on things (doesn't sound like he is though) he could try picking up components here and there. I'm probably going to be selling the AX 720 (5.1) decoder box once I get the mixamp in (ebay seller took longer than a week to ship...grrr....) and probably only looking to get like $40 out of it. Want to do some A/B testing for the 1st page guide before i sell it though. There are deals to be had, but I'm certainly not of the patient sort and would rather pay a little more now than to wait source things together.
Some advice i could give would be to order the DX mike NOW.... If he ends up not using it then he's only out $3.
Edited by ruuku - 8/11/12 at 5:46ampost #6928 of 379698/11/12 at 8:18ampost #6929 of 379698/11/12 at 12:49pmThread StarterRyoko is my original fictional love... I like them badass females. I'm currently re-watching everything Tenchi...
As for a headset that is $100, I honestly can't recommend any. I'd easily recommend something like the AD700+modmic, Creative Aurvana Live+modmic. That's about it. Actual headsets are horrible. He might wanna look into the Steelseries Siberia V2... they might be decent.post #6930 of 379698/11/12 at 1:19pmQuote:
Now you're going to make me do the same. I gotta say when it comes to favorite Tenchi ladies, my pick was always for Kiyone or Tsunami. Moreso Kiyone, just because the other half of Tsunami is Sasami, and even though she's a couple hundred years old, she still looks frickin' young. :p
As for the headset, I've never found a headset that sounded better than quality headphones in the sub-$100 range. Get some decent sounding headphones and a modmic. I'm partial to it specifically after owning a certain famous clip-on mic which I felt was crap. Don't know anything about MLE's DX mic firsthand.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 26 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 49 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear