Yes the E17 has treble and bass controls.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 462post #6916 of 374008/10/12 at 10:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6917 of 374008/10/12 at 10:25pmThread Starterpost #6918 of 374008/10/12 at 10:54pmpost #6919 of 374008/10/12 at 11:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
Well, the thing that concerns me about ATI/AMD cards these days happens to be the drivers.
Things weren't so bad when I was using a Radeon 9600 XT under Windows XP, but when I tried a notebook with a Mobility Radeon X2300 (which is actually a DX9.0c part, so it got shunted onto the "legacy" driver structure), the experience was pretty bad.
I also tested out an HD 4850 in my desktop before shipping it to a friend. It performed WORSE than my 8800 GT, contrary to most of the statements I've read. Maybe it improved after Catalyst 8.10 or 8.11, can't remember which of those two I used.
The one advantage I see with going ATI these days, if I really wanted to get into it, is bitcoin mining. Well, that and Eyefinity, but I'm only using a single monitor right now and don't see that changing for a while.
AMD drivers are much better than they were back in 05-07 or whenever the 8800 came out. If you have the money then 680s all the way. I am not a bandwagon fan of the 670s like most people but for 400 bucks you can't beat it. (I love it when AMD and NVidia have price wars!) I'd say go for the 7970s GHz as they are much better than the 7950s for the price. It's also all on what you need and the games you play. The 680s do bench a bit better than the 7970s but then again they came out months afterward. I'd say compare benchmarks and prices and go with what you like. I recommend EVGA, XFX, Sapphire, ASUS, and MSI. Gigabyte isn't bad and Power Color are good budget cards. Galaxy is terrabad. Gigabyte makes good motherboards but their cards are okay. Some cards work better underwater than they do on air too. Come up with an idea, a price, and a list of games and I'll talk to a few PC buds of mine and get a general consensus.Quote:Originally Posted by ruuku
I'll let you know once I receive the Q701, but I can only honestly compare with the Q, and not the K series because I've never heard them... should be early next week. I can only compare the AD900s to my DT990Pros, and honestly I think those two are too different in character to give a fair comparison. I can tell you this though, the fit on the AD900 is love it or hate it, and I hated it. The wing design isn't so bad on paper, but the drivers/driver housing is so big that the lower end of the pads rested on my lower jaw, and it was so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand it for longer than half an hour. Comfort (or lack thereof) definitely added to not wanting to keep it. OTOH the even with the increased clamp on the Pros, they are superb in terms of comfort. I honestly could wear these for hours.
Good to know. I use the Q701 myself and I like them but the fall off my head too easy and I hate that. (I don't really have a large head 7 1/8" hat size)
I also think I'm more prone to closed back because I run fans on my CPU (obv) and also many fans in my room just because it's so hot. Plus my wife and other people in the house so having a way to block out the noise would be nice. I do like how these sound when talking to people. It's very clear and crisp these 701 but being open backs they are very airy. I hope to hear good things about the HP. So which ones are you ordering again?... lol jk.
@whoever. You guys got screwed by those companies when trying to get your gear. They sent you nicer ones then wanted you to pay for their mistake? Sounds like a gimmick to me and a free upgrade.post #6920 of 374008/10/12 at 11:31pmThread StarterSo I FINALLY added images to the headphone listings! I know I was getting asked to do this via pm multiple times...
I never did it because that's wtf google is for. Oh well, it looks more professional?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/10/12 at 11:43pmpost #6921 of 374008/11/12 at 12:40am
Ohhhh.... pretty. Definitely looks good.
I just hope that people READ the descriptions.. I can see postings now that say... I bought model XXXX because it looked coolest to me... but they totally suck. I shouldn't say anything though as I still want a pair of 880s because they look damn good (to me...there's no accounting for taste).post #6922 of 374008/11/12 at 12:49amThread StarterThe 880s are one of the best looking headphones I've owned, easily. They're also damn good. Probably the best $250 or so headphone I've owned, despite it's slightly inferior positional cues. Seriously, for music, the DT880s at $250 may as well be an endgame headphone. They're that damn good. They do justice to everything, similar to how I feel of the HE400, with a more aggressive treble peak. I mean, there are some people who prefer the DT880 to the T1. That's saying a helluva lot.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/12 at 12:58ampost #6923 of 374008/11/12 at 1:07ampost #6924 of 374008/11/12 at 1:11amThread StarterIMHO, the Q701 is better for gaming, but for music? No brainer, the DT880s by a stretch.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/12 at 1:34ampost #6925 of 374008/11/12 at 3:48ampost #6926 of 374008/11/12 at 4:10am
SO! This guy on jsp wants a headset for 100 bucks that runs on PC and Xbox. *I'm lost here* This is all you MLE. I couldn't offer any combo with 100 bucks. Oh and it has to be a "good" one. lolQuote:Help Me Find A Good Wireless Headsetpost #6927 of 374008/11/12 at 5:42am
LOL! Turtle beach PX3... that's best I can come up with. Certainly not what I would consider "good" SQ wise, heck its not even Dolby.
You *could* direct him to this thread... MLE's seems to always be willing to help, confirm with him first though; I certainly don't want to volunteer MLE to help.
IF he's willing to shop around and be waiting on things (doesn't sound like he is though) he could try picking up components here and there. I'm probably going to be selling the AX 720 (5.1) decoder box once I get the mixamp in (ebay seller took longer than a week to ship...grrr....) and probably only looking to get like $40 out of it. Want to do some A/B testing for the 1st page guide before i sell it though. There are deals to be had, but I'm certainly not of the patient sort and would rather pay a little more now than to wait source things together.
Some advice i could give would be to order the DX mike NOW.... If he ends up not using it then he's only out $3.
Edited by ruuku - 8/11/12 at 5:46ampost #6928 of 374008/11/12 at 8:18ampost #6929 of 374008/11/12 at 12:49pmThread StarterRyoko is my original fictional love... I like them badass females. I'm currently re-watching everything Tenchi...
As for a headset that is $100, I honestly can't recommend any. I'd easily recommend something like the AD700+modmic, Creative Aurvana Live+modmic. That's about it. Actual headsets are horrible. He might wanna look into the Steelseries Siberia V2... they might be decent.post #6930 of 374008/11/12 at 1:19pmQuote:
Now you're going to make me do the same. I gotta say when it comes to favorite Tenchi ladies, my pick was always for Kiyone or Tsunami. Moreso Kiyone, just because the other half of Tsunami is Sasami, and even though she's a couple hundred years old, she still looks frickin' young. :p
As for the headset, I've never found a headset that sounded better than quality headphones in the sub-$100 range. Get some decent sounding headphones and a modmic. I'm partial to it specifically after owning a certain famous clip-on mic which I felt was crap. Don't know anything about MLE's DX mic firsthand.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless - Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio HA-160 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music to test your headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear