So my DX mic finally came yesterday and my friends all say it sounds much worse than the Zalman. I did tests and it couldn't even pick up my voice unless i had it right under my mouth. I guess I got a bad one :/
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 454
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6797 of 372638/3/12 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Eric_C
To all amps.
You'll come to the same conclusion by trial and error: if you put your MixAmp at 20%, connect it to an O2, you'll find you have to crank the O2 volume quite high to reach the same decibel level (by estimation, not measurement).
It's a more efficient setup to crank the MixAmp high and use the second amp to attenuate.
Good to know.post #6798 of 372638/3/12 at 10:03amThread StarterQuote:
That's odd... it's the polar opposite of what I've experienced with two DX mics.post #6799 of 372638/3/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by HyperionXL
I need a desktop amp/dac for my q701s. I play a bit of battlefield but mostly need it for an easy to use volume/eq control next to me while I play movies, games, flight sim, etc.
Here is what I have a selection from:
I could order from the US or wherever, but tax and time it takes to ship sucks.
Around a $300 budget or less would be nice.
Quick question: are you already using some sort of sound card, or are you using integrated motherboard audio? (I doubt you're talking about console gaming because flight sims don't exist on consoles.)
Generally speaking, for PC gaming, I'm more likely to recommend a good internal sound card and an external amp (easily done with $300), or a cheap sound card with all the relevant gaming features, an external DAC with S/PDIF input, and then a discrete amp.post #6800 of 372638/3/12 at 4:05pm
I wanted to say thanks Mad Lust Envy, been stalking these forms for a while and without a large budget bought the CAL! as i saw you recommended them on a few different threads. I couldn't be happier right now and can start to save pennies for an upgrade.post #6801 of 372638/3/12 at 4:23pmpost #6802 of 372638/3/12 at 4:49pmThread StarterNo problem shakes.
ZzBOG, yeah, that's because the amp wasn't doing absolutely anything for the Q701 before. The only power the Q701 was getting was from the Mixamp. Now, you're getting the amp's power.
You also weren't getting Dolby Headphone before. You were getting an expanded stereo, and possibly Pro Logic II's DH, which is inferior.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/3/12 at 4:50pmpost #6803 of 372638/4/12 at 1:30amQuote:
Q701 <-- Amp (receiver In your case) <-- Mixamp <-- Console
Right? Remember, lotsa people read this thread... Glad you found a solution!post #6804 of 372638/4/12 at 3:02amThread StarterSorry it's taking quite awhile to get the HE400 impressions up. Don't have much time to game, and my attention is focused elsewhere. It will come eventually. Right now, with little use, I feel an 8.5 for fun, 7.5-8 for competitive. Still unsure on it's competitive score, as I feel that rear positional cues may not be a strength on them (just as they weren't on the HE-4), but slightly better than the DT880s in that regard. In any case, I can still whoop some ass on BLOPS with them, but they aren't rear wall hacks like the K/Q701/AD700/HD598/PC360. even the D7000 has better positional cues.
That being said, I haven't tried them enough to say whether this is accurate or not.
In other news, I'd really like to try the DT880 Pros for gaming. I believe they deserve a chance, as the Pro models seems to do positioning better than the Premiums.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/4/12 at 3:22ampost #6805 of 372638/4/12 at 3:38pmpost #6806 of 372638/5/12 at 7:06pm
I finally got my CALs. Unfortunately for my isolation purposes they are just not going to cut it. Though the HM5s are now officially sitting on the shelf next to my Superlux. The CALs have taken over as my headphone to listen to during the day. Only change I have made is putting the super soft plush HM5 pads on them. I am not to sure how Creative/Denon/Foster developed these headphones but I heard absolutely no change what so ever on the pad replacement. The HM5 pads are much larger but fit perfectly, they are also warmer which I am not thrilled about but I will take the comfort over the heat. Makes me wonder if since the Shure940 pads fit on the HM5 whether they will slide onto the CALs. Wish I could afford to make that replacement for fun.
This is a headphone that acts really different from my E9 vs straight out of my Iphone4s. The Iphone makes them very boomy, the e9/e17 tightens the bass right up. Though the Amp combo can make the highs a little harsh on some songs. Not as harsh as the HM5s(Due to it's extremely balanced sound.) The CALs have brought my love of liquid Drum and Bass/ chill Dubstep back into my life while my partner and brother make WAY to much BLOODY noise.
So I will be saving for the DT770pro 250ohms after all. Could be a couple of months till I am able to pull it off financially unless I get a bonus. The CALs/HM5 pads will do me till then.post #6807 of 372638/5/12 at 7:18pmThread StarterSo which do you prefer? The CAL or HM5?
Also, what's wrong with the CAL pads that you swapped them out? I found them very soft and comfortable, heat issues aside.post #6808 of 372638/5/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
I prefer the CAL.
The pads are fine on the CALs just find them a little small. It is the same issue I had with the Koss DJ100. I can feel the edges of the pads on the edges of my ears. Just didn't find them as comfortable. Also with the CALs don't feel like I have my head trapped in a vice. HM5 headphones are very very tight headache inducing tight.
During console gaming I will still use my DT990s. Since I have control of the TV volume then.
Edited by Hailin - 8/5/12 at 8:17pmpost #6809 of 372638/5/12 at 8:16pmThread StarterAh yes, that's understandable. The pads are indeed just barely big enough to fit my ears, and I can feel my ears touching the sides. I like their small size. It keeps it from having so much pleather on skin contact.post #6810 of 372638/5/12 at 8:33pmQuote:
Yah it really is going to be a user preference thing for sure.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 100€ headphone for pc use 16 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 2 minutes ago
- › Like New Sony MDR-1000X Black 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 6 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear