Not even an R10? =O
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 442
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 379627/26/12 at 8:37pmThread Starterpost #6618 of 379627/26/12 at 8:39pmpost #6619 of 379627/26/12 at 8:41pmThread StarterTrust me, I didn't want to, but I needed the money, and had to sell my Lyr. Without the Lyr, well, the HE-4 was just not right with the E9 to say the least, so I sold it soon after the Lyr. It demands waaay too much power to be deemed logical. If the HE400 hadn't worked for me, I believe the HE-4 would be on their way here right now. My NFB-5 should have somewhat enough gusto for the HE-4 (over two watts for their ohm).
I really loved the HE-4 and I think I'd like to borrow them off someone and compare directly with the HE400.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/26/12 at 8:43pmpost #6620 of 379627/26/12 at 8:47pmpost #6621 of 379627/26/12 at 8:50pmThread StarterNah, I don't wanna deal with tubes. Also, the Lyr recessed the mids, even with edit: neutral tubes vs the E9 (I know). I loved the Lyr, but I like my NFB5 more. The NFB5 also has a full bodied sound without the need of tubes.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/26/12 at 8:52pmpost #6622 of 379627/26/12 at 8:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fegefeuer
T90 Tesla Power!
Didn't have much time. Tonight I will be testing this thing thoroughly.
What I noticed from the first hour. Very comfortable and well built. Extremely detailed representation with huge soundstage. Bass goes lower than DT990, in fact I don't consider it fair to compare this with the DT990 as they simply do not match these headphones except being noticable for midbass. More later.
Ok...it is later. I believe you owe us some more impressions/comparisons!
Are you saying that the T90 has more sub-bass but less mid-bass than DT990?post #6623 of 379627/27/12 at 12:45ampost #6624 of 379627/27/12 at 12:52amThread Starter
I feel I need to point that out to you. As you're one of my closest henchme--advisors.
But in all seriousness, the HE400 is literally the next and possibly final step after the Q701. Just saying.post #6625 of 379627/27/12 at 1:16amQuote:
I haven't had the time for more impressions yet. Maybe this weekend.
Anyway, yes, it has more sub-bass and the sub bass is beautifully present. The one thing you notice from the start is the much better resolution/detail. More later.post #6626 of 379627/27/12 at 1:30amQuote:
Nice. I'll have to look into them. You giving them the thumbs up is definitely encouraging. I've never heard a planar (or any non-dynamic phone for that matter ), and it'd be nice to not have to step up to the flagships to get an improvement over the Q701.post #6627 of 379627/27/12 at 1:44ampost #6628 of 379627/27/12 at 1:47amThread StarterI feel that's a problem all headphones have. Depth has never been a particularly amazing feat on any headphone I've used. They're all somewhat oval, though the Q701 is more so because of the further reach out to the sides. That and the AD700s.
But yes, other than a smaller soundstage (it's still quite open sounding) soundstage, the HE400 should wow the hell out of you.post #6629 of 379627/27/12 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I feel that's a problem all headphones have. Depth has never been a particularly amazing feat on any headphone I've used. They're all somewhat oval, though the Q701 is more so because of the further reach out to the sides. That and the AD700s.
But yes, other than a smaller soundstage (it's still quite open sounding) soundstage, the HE400 should wow the hell out of you.
If you want to improve the sideways soundstage, the best way is to mod the grills, as in make new ones with less stuffy steel mesh and replace the stock ones. I made a lengthy "guide" thread less than a week ago about it, people have been too timid to try it out though.
The rationale behind this is that the HE400s being planars are extremely sensitive to anything behind the drivers, meanwhile the stock grills have only maybe 50% surface area open? It induces both some ringing, as well as confinement of the soundstage. Just removing the grills temporarily and listening to the cans you'd notice a HUGE boost in refinement as well as soundstage, but alas just having them without grills is risky so a compromise has to be reached.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 49 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tonebooster Morphit - Correct your headphone's frequency response,... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Lumin D1 Audiophile Network Player 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio K5 not providing bass and power expected (weak compared to... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear