Not even an R10? =O
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 442
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 373307/26/12 at 8:37pmThread Starterpost #6618 of 373307/26/12 at 8:39pmpost #6619 of 373307/26/12 at 8:41pmThread StarterTrust me, I didn't want to, but I needed the money, and had to sell my Lyr. Without the Lyr, well, the HE-4 was just not right with the E9 to say the least, so I sold it soon after the Lyr. It demands waaay too much power to be deemed logical. If the HE400 hadn't worked for me, I believe the HE-4 would be on their way here right now. My NFB-5 should have somewhat enough gusto for the HE-4 (over two watts for their ohm).
I really loved the HE-4 and I think I'd like to borrow them off someone and compare directly with the HE400.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/26/12 at 8:43pmpost #6620 of 373307/26/12 at 8:47pmpost #6621 of 373307/26/12 at 8:50pmThread StarterNah, I don't wanna deal with tubes. Also, the Lyr recessed the mids, even with edit: neutral tubes vs the E9 (I know). I loved the Lyr, but I like my NFB5 more. The NFB5 also has a full bodied sound without the need of tubes.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/26/12 at 8:52pmpost #6622 of 373307/26/12 at 8:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fegefeuer
T90 Tesla Power!
Didn't have much time. Tonight I will be testing this thing thoroughly.
What I noticed from the first hour. Very comfortable and well built. Extremely detailed representation with huge soundstage. Bass goes lower than DT990, in fact I don't consider it fair to compare this with the DT990 as they simply do not match these headphones except being noticable for midbass. More later.
Ok...it is later. I believe you owe us some more impressions/comparisons!
Are you saying that the T90 has more sub-bass but less mid-bass than DT990?post #6623 of 373307/27/12 at 12:45ampost #6624 of 373307/27/12 at 12:52amThread Starter
I feel I need to point that out to you. As you're one of my closest henchme--advisors.
But in all seriousness, the HE400 is literally the next and possibly final step after the Q701. Just saying.post #6625 of 373307/27/12 at 1:16amQuote:
I haven't had the time for more impressions yet. Maybe this weekend.
Anyway, yes, it has more sub-bass and the sub bass is beautifully present. The one thing you notice from the start is the much better resolution/detail. More later.post #6626 of 373307/27/12 at 1:30amQuote:
Nice. I'll have to look into them. You giving them the thumbs up is definitely encouraging. I've never heard a planar (or any non-dynamic phone for that matter ), and it'd be nice to not have to step up to the flagships to get an improvement over the Q701.post #6627 of 373307/27/12 at 1:44ampost #6628 of 373307/27/12 at 1:47amThread StarterI feel that's a problem all headphones have. Depth has never been a particularly amazing feat on any headphone I've used. They're all somewhat oval, though the Q701 is more so because of the further reach out to the sides. That and the AD700s.
But yes, other than a smaller soundstage (it's still quite open sounding) soundstage, the HE400 should wow the hell out of you.post #6629 of 373307/27/12 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I feel that's a problem all headphones have. Depth has never been a particularly amazing feat on any headphone I've used. They're all somewhat oval, though the Q701 is more so because of the further reach out to the sides. That and the AD700s.
But yes, other than a smaller soundstage (it's still quite open sounding) soundstage, the HE400 should wow the hell out of you.
If you want to improve the sideways soundstage, the best way is to mod the grills, as in make new ones with less stuffy steel mesh and replace the stock ones. I made a lengthy "guide" thread less than a week ago about it, people have been too timid to try it out though.
The rationale behind this is that the HE400s being planars are extremely sensitive to anything behind the drivers, meanwhile the stock grills have only maybe 50% surface area open? It induces both some ringing, as well as confinement of the soundstage. Just removing the grills temporarily and listening to the cans you'd notice a HUGE boost in refinement as well as soundstage, but alas just having them without grills is risky so a compromise has to be reached.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headset requires a digital output optical, will an SPDIF also do... 23 seconds ago
- › HibyMusic Android and iOS Music Player - Bit-perfect USB Output;... 1 minute ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear