how is gaming with the denons d5000 and d7000?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 383142/25/11 at 7:14amThread Starterpost #648 of 383142/25/11 at 9:31am
Still not hearing as much on MW2 as people say they did. Even people with those crappy X11's say they can hear people coming from miles away very clearly, but I hardly hear any footsteps and if I do, it's pretty vague and hard to pin point.post #649 of 383142/25/11 at 9:39am
Thx for replies. Had no idea about the unified driver project.
Seems to be only ASUS that lets you use DH then? I would probably go for the cheapest PCIe Xonar in that case with the plan to route spdif out to an external DAC later on.post #650 of 383142/25/11 at 11:14amQuote:
It also depends what you play. You're probably not going to hear footsteps well or even at all in say, Ground War or Free For All but Search and Destroy is going to be different.post #651 of 383142/25/11 at 11:27ampost #652 of 383142/25/11 at 11:51am
It also depends on the players. If everyone is running Ninja Pro you won't hear a thing. In my experience most don't and it is easy to hear footsteps. If you play barebones you may have more success because there are no killstreaks messing with the sound at all. If a chopper is up it can be almost impossible to hear anyone coming.post #653 of 383142/25/11 at 1:46pm
I testing HD 598 with x-fi titanium for 15 days and i think headphones and sound card aren't worth so much money.
Or it could be broken or fake headphones ? any details i need to be cerful if they are fakes.
In stereo music (online radio mp3 codec and 128 bit) i hear oftenly left side speaker loader then right one and sometimes is mixed in 3 seconds come mixed from left to right and again so i get strange fealing from which side cound come from.
Tested also with onboard sound card Realtek ALC 883 and on old pc some old creative idk which one but i think in lower class.
And i can hear plastic when moving my head (also plastic that rotate a bit and (where u can resize it) it looks weak and cheap).
And my ears starting to hurt after 10 min. of usage but probably coz of my small and tiny head. I don't know becouse i didn't compared to any other headphone/headset in that class except RS 170 but they have even smaller earpads
Also what are best settings to use with x-fi titanium ? i have gaming mode>eax on 0db>cmss-3d auto>crystalizer off. (maybe i should turn dolby digital live on ? but i see is SPDIF only that is optical right ? )
Is there any way to connect this stereo headphones to digital output ? now i have connected to stereo (green colour)post #654 of 383142/26/11 at 7:49am
If they're new then maybe you need to use them more. First time I used AD700's on MW2 I wasn't impressed but some games I do hear more, and using my TV's speakers now feels so bad :p
Is there any difference with optical cables, or is it like hdmi, all basically same quality? Thankspost #655 of 383142/26/11 at 8:14ampost #656 of 383142/26/11 at 8:22amThread Starter
Unless you're absolutely deaf or everyone is using Ninja Pro or cheating (which is common now, even on consoles), you should be able to hear footsteps in MW2 with even a $5 piece of crap headphone.
The AD700, HD598 on MW2 should be pure god mode otherwise.post #657 of 383142/26/11 at 8:23amQuote:
AFAIK, yes you should approach optical cables the same way you approach HDMI--it basically either works and is good, or it doesn't work at all. There are no "degrees of how good an optical cable" can be.post #658 of 383142/26/11 at 10:48am
Actually I haven't used headphones for years, I wasted too much money on cheap ones which just broke, so I'm a little wary of cranking up the volume to levels which are too harsh on my ears. Will maybe just take time for me to get use to them.
Barely listen to music at all, so my ears should be in perfect condition ;Dpost #659 of 383142/26/11 at 2:49pmpost #660 of 383142/27/11 at 5:35pm
Hi guys, I think I've come to the right place (without creating my own thread)
I'm trying to find a good headset to go with my new MixAmp 5.8 Wireless that I'll be using with Xbox 360. I bought both a Razer Caricharas and a Sennheiser HD555 to test from Amazon, but it seems (from reading throught these forums) that I can do even better for my money. I'd like to spend under $150 on the headphones (i have a ZalMan clip on mic) and I'd really prefer to have a closed set of cans than open (so I can use them as I please in public/LANing). Any advice is appreciated, I'm upgrading from Turtle Beach x31s so this is very exciting ;)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 54 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 56 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear