or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 425

post #6361 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post
The antlion modmic is getting a revision with a mute switch, stronger cable, and whatnot.

Will we who just got the mic be able to up grade?  Anything said about that?

post #6362 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The Zalman sucks. Just don't. Wait for the Antlion V2, and get the Dealextreme clip on mic in the meantime for like less than $3, though shipping takes a month. Dunno when the Antlion is released. I myself have no need for it because the DX clip on is perfect.
Yes, the AD700s aren't really anything special outside of competitive FPS gaming.
Just received my zalman mic couple of days ago nothing to complain about, tested it on the ps3 and the pc. Sounds good on the ps3 and pc and my friends didn't complain about bad voice chat whatsoever.
post #6363 of 37457

Quality control on the Zalman mic is all over the place. The one I had was unusably bad. It had to be right next to my mouth, yet was also picking up background sounds. It was almost as if it was filtering my voice out.


Edited by Rebel975 - 7/13/12 at 12:26pm
post #6364 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza View Post

Will we who just got the mic be able to up grade?  Anything said about that?

 

While this would make me immensely happy, I'm not holding my breath for something like an exchange to happen. From a business standpoint, they had to change their production guidelines, order a whole lot more product usually out of pocket up front to get the first batches run, and they wanna make money. So yeah, I'd love to have them upgrade the ones they've sold recently. But I will be surprised if they do. I believe the announcement was made on twitter so it could be worth asking on there, or maybe emailing/calling their customer service.

 

If you bought it very recently, there's the option of returning the one you just got and waiting a bit longer. When the V2 comes out, I know I'll be buying it the day it's available. Tired of muting by keyboard shortcuts/unplugging the cable on the mixamp.

post #6365 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post
Well, battlefield 3 uses the frostbite 2 engine. I can't comment on positional accuracy at the moment, but I would say the only gun combo that consistently gives me a bad day is the Saiga and other automatic shotguns. It seems pretty balanced, I mean even an M9 can do decently as a fallback. I also think the audio Doesn't get more chaotic than MW3 when the airspace gets filled up with killstreak rewards.
What do you play these days?

 

These days, for multiplayer FPSs, I usually fire up Unreal Tournament 1999/2004, Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2, or Killing Floor. Starting to get into Red Orchestra 1 again, now that I have the standalone Steam release and not just the UT 2004 mod version.

 

I'd also be down for ArmA II if I could get a good co-op group together.

post #6366 of 37457

My DT990 Premium 600 arrived and I can attest (I don't think anyone doubted) that these cans are outstanding for gaming with a huge soundstage, excellent positioning, great lower bass and impact. The treble isn't a problem in gaming. The DT990 pro had actually a lesser soundstage and the bass isn't as precise.

 

I tested these cans on my Titanium HD so far with CMSS-3D on in Battlefield 3. THD -> Asus E1 DAC -> Violectric V200. I will test more games later and I will be testing with Dolby Headphone over my Xonar STX as well (yes, I have two soundcards :D).
 

post #6367 of 37457

Are Ultrasone PRO 650 better than Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohm ? (I mean ONLY in games)

 

Which isolate better ? Which are more comfortable ?


Edited by Bachnaify - 7/13/12 at 10:26am
post #6368 of 37457

Thanks to everyone here for being helpful.

 

I have decided on getting the Samson SR850, along with the Dealextreme mic (just want to confirm is it this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-clip-on-microphone-7080) and when the Antlion ModMic V2 comes out I will get that instead.  Now all I have left to do is get the mixamp.  I will try to hold out and get the wireless one because I sit on the opposite wall from where my tv is and don't want cords all across my room.  On the wireless mixamp, does it still come with the splitter to use my own Headphones/Mic?  I just want to make sure.

 

Also if I am forgetting anything let me know please :)

 

Thanks.

post #6369 of 37457
Ztrains,
I think you've got everything, and the Mixamp 5.8 has all needed adapters besides PS3 chat via USB. The only thing is, if you're not getting the Mixamp right away, you're gonna need:
an adapter for your mic like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FV8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A24DV7X9AF5F1B
And an RCA to Headphone adapter if you don't already have one.
post #6370 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

 When the V2 comes out, I know I'll be buying it the day it's available. Tired of muting by keyboard shortcuts/unplugging the cable on the mixamp.

 

For people who play on Xbox, they can always use one of these to mute any mic:

 

http://store.turtlebeach.com/talkbackxboxlivecablepuckbkoptional.aspx

http://store.turtlebeach.com/cabx1talkbackcable-2.aspx

post #6371 of 37457
For those who can't wait on V2 and/or V2 w/ mute the site is now up and running again: http://antlion-audio.myshopify.com/
post #6372 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

For people who play on Xbox, they can always use one of these to mute any mic:

 

http://store.turtlebeach.com/talkbackxboxlivecablepuckbkoptional.aspx

http://store.turtlebeach.com/cabx1talkbackcable-2.aspx

 

 

Sure beats my clunky/huge XLR muting system. I'll probably get one of these.


Edited by Rebel975 - 7/13/12 at 1:41pm
post #6373 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Ztrains,
I think you've got everything, and the Mixamp 5.8 has all needed adapters besides PS3 chat via USB. The only thing is, if you're not getting the Mixamp right away, you're gonna need:
an adapter for your mic like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FV8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A24DV7X9AF5F1B
And an RCA to Headphone adapter if you don't already have one.

how good is that adapter? it seems like most of the reviews are negative 

post #6374 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay 23 View Post

how good is that adapter? it seems like most of the reviews are negative 
Well it's a dollar product from Hong Kong. No guarantee you will get one in working order, but the reviews are about even between 5 star and 1 star. Factor in how people with bad experiences are more likely to post, and how many of those reviews are from people who didn't realize they were getting a product incomparable with an iPhone or whatever, and I think your chances are pretty good. Especially low risk cuz you'd only be out a dollar.

Also, all the cable adapters have really skewed ratings, but this one is the #3 most bought headphone adapter on Amazon. You might find one at RadioShack too.
Edited by Evshrug - 7/13/12 at 2:20pm
post #6375 of 37457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post

My DT990 Premium 600 arrived and I can attest (I don't think anyone doubted) that these cans are outstanding for gaming with a huge soundstage, excellent positioning, great lower bass and impact. The treble isn't a problem in gaming. The DT990 pro had actually a lesser soundstage and the bass isn't as precise.

 

I tested these cans on my Titanium HD so far with CMSS-3D on in Battlefield 3. THD -> Asus E1 DAC -> Violectric V200. I will test more games later and I will be testing with Dolby Headphone over my Xonar STX as well (yes, I have two soundcards :D).
 

want

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)