Ztrains: check Astro's website. They have the manual there and that should explain the whole setup with diagrams and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 418post #6256 of 373637/9/12 at 8:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6257 of 373637/9/12 at 8:49pm
asked this question in some other thread maybe someone in here can help mewas wondering if i purchase the samson SR850 for my xbox 360, do i need anything else to use them for everyday gaming? (like any wires or other attachments)
also are these the best gaming headphones for someone with a low budget?post #6258 of 373637/9/12 at 9:05pmQuote:
How are you going to connect everything?
Xbox > TV > Headphones?
And are you playing any multiplayer? You'll need a mic, right?post #6259 of 373637/9/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
Best gaming headphones for the price.post #6260 of 373637/9/12 at 9:31pmQuote:
ill be connecting it to my asus monitor(model:vh236), so xbox > monitor > headphones
and yea ill be playing a lot of multiplayer, were communicating is very important hahapost #6261 of 373637/9/12 at 10:14pmQuote:
Well that depends on if your monitor has a headphone jack. Prolly not. What I do is probably going to be close to your setup. Cable to your display, audio out to an amp, amp to headphones.
Cable from Xbox to monitor (in my case a cheap Amazon Basics HDMI to DVI cable), audio out to an amp (some use the Xbox's included audio cables; I bought a cheap Xbox 360 audio dongle with an optical out and RCA out, and I connect the RCA to my FiiO E5 amp using a RCA-to-3.5mm headphone adapter), and finally I plug my headphones in. Then I wear a cheap mic around my neck and play game audio and chat audio through "speakers" in the Xbox preferences. That's probably just $12 in adapters plus the $25 of my FiiO, but it isn't as streamlined as plugging everything into the Mixamp, which is supposed to come with all the cables you need. Plus with the Mixamp you get the surround decoding.
I'm trying to hold off on buying a Mixamp as I graduated in December and I'm in a temporary living situation; once I have my own space, my receiver in storage will fill the role of the Mixamp in every way except for microphone duties. However, the Mixamp would've been perfect during college, and I probably would have held off on my receiver till I could afford something even higher end. Especially since it can double as a computer DAC. Just something to keep in mind.
Edit: that's a VERY nice monitor. Speakers when you just need near-field sound, HDMI and DVI to switch between computer & Xbox, 2ms response time, and audio outputs for Optical and Headphone. So you would just need to hook up your Xbox using HDMI, and plug your headphones into the 3.5mm jack, and you'll be in business. If you get the Mixamp or a receiver later, you can use the Optical out for surround sound and a discrete amp. Good choice in monitor, I'm jealous
Edited by Evshrug - 7/9/12 at 10:21pmpost #6262 of 373637/9/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Your receiver has Dolby Headphone?post #6263 of 373637/9/12 at 10:44pmQuote:The problem is I am on a laptop which only has a single combo jack. I can't plug both a mic and headphones in simultaneously. I suppose there's some sort of adapter for this?Originally Posted by audiophizile
Since you said USB I'm going to assume you're on a PC. From what I can tell the CAL! Would be better and cheaper or same price as the siberias. And getting a senn 555/558 and a mic and turning it into its big brother or a pc 360 would be the next step up. Pretty sure you don't need an amp to power those These guys know better then me thoughQuote:Fair enough. I din't think I understand what the MixAmp is actually for - can you clarify why it is used? Is it to connect headphone/mic combo to consoles? Or as an amp to better Dolby surround sound?Originally Posted by Eric_C
MixAmp = $130
Zalman mic = $9 / Antlion Modmic = $40
AD700 or HD 595 (used) = ~$70 - 90
That's less than $300, not more than.
You could also grab a PC 360 at ~$200 from Amazon right now, and save up for a new/used MixAmp later (~$100 to $130).
I read that Siberia USB < regular Siberia; you might upgrade your soundcard at some point anyway, so why limit yourself to the built-in DAC/amp on the Siberia USB?post #6264 of 373637/9/12 at 11:05pmQuote:
You'll still need a mic. Cheapest way is to use the official Xbox headset and hang it around your neck so the mic stands up; for audio, hit your Guide button and go: Preferences > Voice > Voice Output and select "Speakers". With your setup, this will get chat audio into your headphones.Quote:Originally Posted by Stn.
The problem is I am on a laptop which only has a single combo jack. I can't plug both a mic and headphones in simultaneously. I suppose there's some sort of adapter for this?
Fair enough. I din't think I understand what the MixAmp is actually for - can you clarify why it is used? Is it to connect headphone/mic combo to consoles? Or as an amp to better Dolby surround sound?
Yes, there are really cheap options that can turn a USB port into 2 separate audio in/out ports:
No guarantees about sound quality, obviously.
MixAmp is for virtual surround using Dolby tech; it also handles the game/chat audio "mix" (hence the name), so yes, you can plug in any headset or headphone+mic combi and it will work. How well the combos work is the main point of this thread.
Note: a MixAmp isn't to "better Dolby surround", it's to process Dolby surround (5.1) for headphones (2.0).post #6265 of 373637/10/12 at 12:12ampost #6266 of 373637/10/12 at 2:00am
Just received a pair of AKG 240MKII's
Plugged into a Xonar Phoebus..Set with just Dolby 4.0, no effects.
These babies rock the socks off my previous Sennheiser PC360's...no competition.
The Bangs have huge attack and THUMP, weapons CRACK is a good hard sound.
BF3 = Amazing
Directional sound exceptionalpost #6267 of 373637/10/12 at 4:50am
Not exactly, it's a Yamaha RX-V371 with "Silent Cinema." From their website:Quote:I don't remember clearly how well it works, but before I moved and packed my Yamaha away I tried it with Dead Space and Alan Wake, and I clearly remember that I was freaked out. Intense. Which is a pretty good indicator that I was definitely getting the full experience. I may see a quality increase from putting an amp between the receiver and headphone though.SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones! This is a variation of CINEMA DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue.
Chicolom, I was meaning to ask you: I saw that you're enjoying your current amp in your sig with the AKG Q701, I was wondering what was your upgrade path before choosing that amp? I'm new to Q701 goodness ^__^
Edited by Evshrug - 7/10/12 at 7:25ampost #6268 of 373637/10/12 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #6269 of 373637/10/12 at 7:44am
Initial impressions with the HM5: I thoght my Pc350's were good for directionality and footsteps hahaha literally night and day in bf3. With the pc350 everyhing sounded like chaos in comparison. The hm5'severything is crystal clear. i now know where guys are and when they are going to hit a corner loud and extremely clear, not a jumbled mess. Yet to test them in a COD game which is where most of my experience was with the pc350s(lots of gamebattles for mw2, even had a good run and placed 34th out of 44000) so i'll have to do that soon. With music im undecided but they only have 8 hours of mixed time logged. They do sound like they have a broader flatter range both to lows and highs which is great. Pretty crisp and well defined all around. I do however notice the very slight "listening in a well" sound with music. I think it is partly the pads that cause this because when i apply slight pressure to the cups while listening it reduces it. But, this is probably the reason they sound so great with dolby headphone and annihilate the pc350s soundstage/positional awareness and clarity. Comfort isnt quite as good as the pc350. Clamps a little tighter, little heavier(pc350s weigh nothing), and get a little hotter. I did wear them for 8 hours straight with only bathroom breaks and to grab a beer or 2 and was never unhappy though. Probably say a 7.5 for comfort. Theyre currently breaking in more at my house and will give more impressions(and in COD games) later in the week but for closed gaming cans coming from the pc350 I'm absolutely blown away with how much easier it is to hear CLEARLY exactly where sounds are :)post #6270 of 373637/10/12 at 8:02amThread StarterGlad to hear they are working out for you. You may wanna stretch the headphones out with books or dvd/game cases, so they don't clamp as much.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 11 seconds ago
- › Which portable amp? 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Anything happening in North or South Carolina? 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 8 minutes ago
- › A change for Currawong 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear