or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 400

post #5986 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Both the T-HD and Asto Mix-amp come with headphone surround sound, so plugging the Mix-amp into the T-HDs optical out seems unnessary.

Now the T-HD uses CMSS-3D and the Mix-amp uses Dolby, so that is one difference.

You're absolutely right. My MixAmp is primary for use for my PS3/360. However in this case I was testing it with the T-HDs in order to see if they help drive the Q701s any better. As far as I could tell, I didn't hear much of a difference.

 

I do plan to test DH versus CMSS-3D, but its lower on my priority list.


Edited by Mehdi - 6/28/12 at 2:21pm
post #5987 of 37405
Thread Starter 
Velsu, I'd definitely go for the DT990, as long as you have a way to tone down the treble a little if it bothers you that much. The DT880 is great, but not for virtual surround gaming.
post #5988 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Velsu, I'd definitely go for the DT990, as long as you have a way to tone down the treble a little if it bothers you that much. The DT880 is great, but not for virtual surround gaming.

I'm super interested to try the DT990s, especially since I am a slight base head. Unfortunately, it seems the price jumped to $300 from $200ish !

post #5989 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Velsu, I'd definitely go for the DT990, as long as you have a way to tone down the treble a little if it bothers you that much. The DT880 is great, but not for virtual surround gaming.

Unless you add the DT880 pro model into the mix instead of the premium.

post #5990 of 37405
Thread Starter 
I haven't heard those, so I can't say.
post #5991 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsu View Post

 



Yeah i also thought 990 would be the way to go...just 880 has "something" that also makes me interested in it,clear sound etc.

In my country those headphones are hard to obtain,price i found in store is not so bad compared to other online retailers i see here. Also Amazon prices (im using UK one because they are sending to my country) have a bit higher prices than the store i found so its ok,about 250 euro for DT 990 Premium and 240 euro for 880 DT premium so difference is not so big.

 

And about budget,really no idea. I have no budget,got enough money but those are savings up for my future apartment so i would like to not spend too much and at the same time i dont want to limit myself by few euro/dollars and loose quality. DT 990 Premium are already expensive for me,but even for that price they are tempting with what they offer.

 

Also i was wondering if Fiio E9 is good amp,because o2 is not avaiable in my country (unless i try on amazon i guess).

 

p.s. are there any GOOD clip microphones with noise cancelling? Found some cheap ones in market but my friends say they are terrible and catch all kind of sounds.

That's a great price considering they are 257 Euros here (320 dollars off amazon.com).

 

As for a great mic I'd say Ant Lion that chicho offered us. I bought one and love the heck out of it.

 

$320 Amazon.com http://tinyurl.com/88lu2z7


Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 6/28/12 at 5:41pm
post #5992 of 37405

Great guide (:

Right now I have a pair of ATH-m50s for music though I occasionally play BF3 with them since they're already plugged into my computer.

Any suggestions for a good cheap (less than $100) headphone with a good soundstage that I can use for gaming?

I do have the KSC75 too but i'm not sure if they really are indeed better for gaming.

I cant really tell i guess but I'll probably play around with them again.


Edited by EkiMx - 6/28/12 at 6:25pm
post #5993 of 37405
Thread Starter 
Creative Aurvana Live is a good gaming headphone that is comparable to the M50, but with better soundstage. Typically under $100. Though they are similar to the M50s, so not sure you'd go for them. They are warmer and less aggressive.
post #5994 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiMx View Post

Great guide (:

Right now I have a pair of ATH-m50s for music though I occasionally play BF3 with them since they're already plugged into my computer.

Any suggestions for a good cheap (less than $100) headphone with a good soundstage that I can use for gaming?

I do have the KSC75 too but i'm not sure if they really are indeed better for gaming.

I cant really tell i guess but I'll probably play around with them again.

check out the JVC RX700, Superlux HD668, Samson SR850, umm I am sure there are others can't think of any off the top of my head.

The KSC75 works just fine as well.

post #5995 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I haven't heard those, so I can't say.

I know the premium's suppose to have issues with the sound imaging because of not being able to hear your 6 o'clock position if I think that what it was.  The DT880 pro doesn't have that issue and have very good sound imaging.  I know I was talking to some one about it,Because I was mentioning to them that I didn't had that issues because of me having the Pros.

post #5996 of 37405
I was really skeptical of the hype surrounding O2 but it ended up impressing even my coworker who swore off SS amps after he went Stax only.  The O2 surprised our ears for the low price and now he's back doing orthos and SS.  The joys of digging deeper into money pit that is this hobby.
post #5997 of 37405
I'm interested in the DT990 Pro which I can get from Germany in late July. I thought I would get the KSC-75 to tide me over until then, good idea? Also, would the O2 amp be enough for the DT990 Pro 250?

Thanks biggrin.gif
XHale
post #5998 of 37405
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHale View Post

I'm interested in the DT990 Pro which I can get from Germany in late July. I thought I would get the KSC-75 to tide me over until then, good idea? Also, would the O2 amp be enough for the DT990 Pro 250?
Thanks biggrin.gif
XHale

I  would assume the 02 has no problem working with 250-Ohm headphones.

Good headphones.

post #5999 of 37405
Thanks, time to save up. :P

How would you say the DT990 is against the HD558 and Brainwavz HM5?

Edit: I should add, for classical music and mainly uncompetitive gaming.
Edited by XHale - 6/29/12 at 12:01am
post #6000 of 37405
Thread Starter 
The DT990 Pro would be terrible for classical. Too much bass, weak mids, strong treble. The DT990 Pros' strength would be for bass heavy genres.

You're better off with the DT880s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)