or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 382

post #5716 of 37463

I've been posting all over but I figure I'll ask the guru. :D

 

I was leaning to the K702 with the Objective 2 amp or the M-Stage amp for competitive gaming. My squad on Ghost Recon Future Soldier is ranked 3 in the world at the moment and I realized it's time to step up my gaming. 

 

Which headphones and amps, accessories would you recommend that would give me an almost "unfair" advantage.

 

Edit: Thanks again Chico for giving me all that advice on all my other threads. lol

 

So from what I've read the K702 are the god of reasonably priced gaming cans, they need to be amped, the MixAmp Pro adds Dolby yet for voice you need a separate amp.

 

K702

MixAmp Pro

O2 Amp?


Edited by NinjaSushi2 - 6/12/12 at 3:01pm
post #5717 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by XernobiuL View Post

Did you already use the astro a40? I'm in doubt between the a40 and pc360.

 

The PC360s are better.  I've owned both and so has MLE.

post #5718 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

I've been posting all over but I figure I'll ask the guru. :D

 

I was leaning to the K702 with the Objective 2 amp or the M-Stage amp for competitive gaming. My squad on Ghost Recon Future Soldier is ranked 3 in the world at the moment and I realized it's time to step up my gaming. 

 

Which headphones and amps, accessories would you recommend that would give me an almost "unfair" advantage.

 

Edit: Thanks again Chico for giving me all that advice on all my other threads. lol

 

So from what I've read the K702 are the god of reasonably priced gaming cans, they need to be amped, the MixAmp Pro adds Dolby yet for voice you need a separate amp.

 

K702

MixAmp Pro

O2 Amp?

 

No problem.

 

If you just want to soundwhore, you can do it for cheaper than the K702.  I would pick the Q701 over the K702 anyways. 

post #5719 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

No problem.

 

If you just want to soundwhore, you can do it for cheaper than the K702.  I would pick the Q701 over the K702 anyways. 

why is that?

post #5720 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

why is that?

 

Probably because of bass. Impressions here repeatedly state the Q has more bass than the K, but is not overblown by far.

post #5721 of 37463

Out of curiosity,

Has anyone tried the new AX720s? I currently own the previous version that most people know of, but after I was component shopping on Tritton's website, I found that they actually have a newer model. I'm not interested that much in the headset, but the Dolby Processing box looks like its gotten a revamp.

 

 

 

feature-details-2.jpgT26-1002-02.jpg

gal-03.jpgB002ZS6Y64-AX-720-main.jpg

Pleather?

post #5722 of 37463

Would you say the AKG Q701's are still good for gaming in plain old stereo? The reason I ask is because I am also interested in using these for listening to music, and I would have to go over my $250 budget if I want to add in the Astrogaming mixamp for $130. Adding the mixamp at a later date is an option, but for the time being I would have to go directly from my gaming consoles to my portable amp and the Q701's.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #5723 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post

Would you say the AKG Q701's are still good for gaming in plain old stereo? The reason I ask is because I am also interested in using these for listening to music, and I would have to go over my $250 budget if I want to add in the Astrogaming mixamp for $130. Adding the mixamp at a later date is an option, but for the time being I would have to go directly from my gaming consoles to my portable amp and the Q701's.

 

Thanks in advance.

The question is: Can you amp power those cans? From all I've read the AKG x70x series are power hungry and for good reason.

 

I know for a fact the Q701 are great in stereo period, the mix amp is there to provide 5.1 DDS or as astro claims 7.1 Virtual sound.

post #5724 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

 

Probably because of bass. Impressions here repeatedly state the Q has more bass than the K, but is not overblown by far.

I know it has more bass but I don't know how much more... will an explosion drown out an enemies footsteps? Will a passing train or airplane over kill the sound of a mag reload around the corner? I would like to get the Q701 but the 702 look very nice and you can change the cable which is a huge benefit in my book.

post #5725 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

why is that?

 

Fuller sound/better body to sound, better bass, more balanced sound, with the same soundstage as K702.  Q701s are more enjoyable/immersive/fun sounding then K702.

post #5726 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

Fuller sound/better body to sound, better bass, more balanced sound, with the same soundstage as K702.  Q701s are more enjoyable/immersive/fun sounding then K702.

I just checked amazon and the K702s are running at 284 a pop. The black edition Q701s are 234 a pop. :D That is a huge benefit too.

 

Is that a picture of the white Q701 btw?

post #5727 of 37463

Oh, I didn't realize they were that power hungry. I noticed they are listed at around 60 Ohms on Headroom. Right now I am using a Xin Supermini IV portable amp with my Ety ER4S earphones. I'm not really sure if the AKG's will be much of an upgrade (or a downgrade, or just different), but since I am looking for gaming headphones as well, I figure I can use my Ety's as my main pair of phones for when I'm on the go, and the AKG's more for home use.

post #5728 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

 

Is that a picture of the white Q701 btw?

 

Ya.

post #5729 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post

Oh, I didn't realize they were that power hungry. I noticed they are listed at around 60 Ohms on Headroom. Right now I am using a Xin Supermini IV portable amp with my Ety ER4S earphones. I'm not really sure if the AKG's will be much of an upgrade (or a downgrade, or just different), but since I am looking for gaming headphones as well, I figure I can use my Ety's as my main pair of phones for when I'm on the go, and the AKG's more for home use.

I'm still at a crossroad between the Q701 and the K702. I know there is more bass but how much ya know? lol Also from reading Mad Lust's entire post I've concluded that for competitive gaming bang for buck the AKG are the way to go.

post #5730 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

I'm still at a crossroad between the Q701 and the K702. I know there is more bass but how much ya know? lol Also from reading Mad Lust's entire post I've concluded that for competitive gaming bang for buck the AKG are the way to go.

 

Here's my comparison > http://www.head-fi.org/t/594927/akg-q701-vs-akg-k702-comparison-review

 

It's about like a standard bass boost.  But it's not like the Q701s are super bass-heavy headphones. 

 

When looking at the AKGs price, you have to take into account that they need a pricier amp then say a Sennheiser HD598, which is also great for competitive gaming while being easy to drive.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)