Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 352post #5266 of 374564/26/12 at 5:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 374564/26/12 at 8:04pmpost #5268 of 374564/26/12 at 9:05pmpost #5269 of 374564/26/12 at 9:14pmpost #5270 of 374564/26/12 at 9:21pmpost #5271 of 374564/27/12 at 12:49amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
Those look strangely familiar... " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif">
The modmic is pricier, but worth it IMO. Clip-ons can suck it.
Take that back! Right now!
My DX clip-on that cost me less than $3 works perfectly.
Though if you were more specific like say...
The Zalman clip-on can suck it... then yes, I agree.
Its sad that I spent over $30 for the Zalman and was appalled at how horrible it was.
IF my DX clip on messes up, I'll get the modmic myself.post #5272 of 374564/27/12 at 1:44am
Hrm, I see, well I went and got the LVA 7330 as recommended by the guide and plan on attaching it to the Q701 one way or another heh.post #5273 of 374564/27/12 at 2:15amThread StarterQuote:
A legitimate alternative, though you have to sand off the headband, and find a way to attach it to your headphones. The double sided velcro didn't work well for me when I had the LVA7330. It was too heavy for the velcro.post #5274 of 374564/27/12 at 4:08ampost #5275 of 374564/27/12 at 5:49amThread Starterpost #5276 of 374564/27/12 at 10:06amQuote:
$30?! WTH, I think I spent $8 on it...post #5277 of 374564/27/12 at 1:17pmpost #5278 of 374564/27/12 at 4:42pmThread StarterQuote:
They were a bit more expensive before, sadly.post #5279 of 374564/27/12 at 10:29pm
As many others have stated, fantastic thread MLE. Thanks for all the help you give gamers out there.
I'm just getting into this expensive headphone business so bear with me.
I have some questions about what headphone would work best to compliment my AD700s. I currently use the AD700s connected to an Astro mixamp for competitive gaming and it works great, but using them for casual fun gaming, movie watching, music listening, etc. isn't the greatest experience. I'd like to pick up a fun headphone to fix this. :)
I'm considering the DT770 pro 80s and the DT990 pros so far as a result of my $200 budget. I don't plan on getting an amp, I just plan on using the mixamp.
I like the clarity I've heard in the AD700; does the DT770 pro 80's powerful bass take clarity away from its sound a great deal? Or am I misunderstanding how its heavy bass affects the headphone? Loss of clarity might be a turn-off for me.
How does the DT990 pro compare to the DT770 pro 80 for gaming purposes? I've heard that the DT990 pro is like the DT770 pro 80 but with slightly less bass and better clarity of sound. They are relatively close in price so I'm wondering if the few extra bucks for the DT990 pro is worth it.
Also, would using the DT990 pro with a mixamp alone take away any advantage it has over the DT770 pro 80 in sound quality? I don't really understand how that impedance stuff can affect sound quality.
Thank you all for your help! :Dpost #5280 of 374564/27/12 at 10:37pmThread StarterThe DT990 Pros smoke the DT770 Pro 80 in every way other than isolation (obviously).
If you're not using a mic with them, the Mixamp will be fine with the DT990 Pros.
And yes, the DT770 Pro 80s tend to sound muffled at times because of the bass. The DT990s don't. Unless you need the fantastic noise isolation of the DT770s... there's no reason not to go with the 990 Pros.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 seconds ago
- › Is this a hot deal? 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear