Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 352post #5266 of 383304/26/12 at 5:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 383304/26/12 at 8:04pmpost #5268 of 383304/26/12 at 9:05pmpost #5269 of 383304/26/12 at 9:14pmpost #5270 of 383304/26/12 at 9:21pmpost #5271 of 383304/27/12 at 12:49amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
Those look strangely familiar... " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif">
The modmic is pricier, but worth it IMO. Clip-ons can suck it.
Take that back! Right now!
My DX clip-on that cost me less than $3 works perfectly.
Though if you were more specific like say...
The Zalman clip-on can suck it... then yes, I agree.
Its sad that I spent over $30 for the Zalman and was appalled at how horrible it was.
IF my DX clip on messes up, I'll get the modmic myself.post #5272 of 383304/27/12 at 1:44am
Hrm, I see, well I went and got the LVA 7330 as recommended by the guide and plan on attaching it to the Q701 one way or another heh.post #5273 of 383304/27/12 at 2:15amThread StarterQuote:
A legitimate alternative, though you have to sand off the headband, and find a way to attach it to your headphones. The double sided velcro didn't work well for me when I had the LVA7330. It was too heavy for the velcro.post #5274 of 383304/27/12 at 4:08ampost #5275 of 383304/27/12 at 5:49amThread Starterpost #5276 of 383304/27/12 at 10:06amQuote:
$30?! WTH, I think I spent $8 on it...post #5277 of 383304/27/12 at 1:17pmpost #5278 of 383304/27/12 at 4:42pmThread StarterQuote:
They were a bit more expensive before, sadly.post #5279 of 383304/27/12 at 10:29pm
As many others have stated, fantastic thread MLE. Thanks for all the help you give gamers out there.
I'm just getting into this expensive headphone business so bear with me.
I have some questions about what headphone would work best to compliment my AD700s. I currently use the AD700s connected to an Astro mixamp for competitive gaming and it works great, but using them for casual fun gaming, movie watching, music listening, etc. isn't the greatest experience. I'd like to pick up a fun headphone to fix this. :)
I'm considering the DT770 pro 80s and the DT990 pros so far as a result of my $200 budget. I don't plan on getting an amp, I just plan on using the mixamp.
I like the clarity I've heard in the AD700; does the DT770 pro 80's powerful bass take clarity away from its sound a great deal? Or am I misunderstanding how its heavy bass affects the headphone? Loss of clarity might be a turn-off for me.
How does the DT990 pro compare to the DT770 pro 80 for gaming purposes? I've heard that the DT990 pro is like the DT770 pro 80 but with slightly less bass and better clarity of sound. They are relatively close in price so I'm wondering if the few extra bucks for the DT990 pro is worth it.
Also, would using the DT990 pro with a mixamp alone take away any advantage it has over the DT770 pro 80 in sound quality? I don't really understand how that impedance stuff can affect sound quality.
Thank you all for your help! :Dpost #5280 of 383304/27/12 at 10:37pmThread StarterThe DT990 Pros smoke the DT770 Pro 80 in every way other than isolation (obviously).
If you're not using a mic with them, the Mixamp will be fine with the DT990 Pros.
And yes, the DT770 Pro 80s tend to sound muffled at times because of the bass. The DT990s don't. Unless you need the fantastic noise isolation of the DT770s... there's no reason not to go with the 990 Pros.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Balanced Forza AudioWorks Noir HPC Mk2 for Audeze LCD2 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling m2 modded + free shiping 5 minutes ago
- › Mini Dac TDA1543 X 4 NOS 5 minutes ago
- › Suitable amp for Denon ah-d7000? 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 14 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear