or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 36

post #526 of 37400
Thread Starter 

The HD598 does NOT need to be amped past the Mixamp for gaming. It however should be amped for MUSIC needs (not with the Mixamp attached), which I assume he listens to music away from his future Mixamp setup. I'd advise on NOT using the Mixamp for anything related to music.

 

The A40s don't compare to the PC360, IMHO. I'm not alone in saying this. The A40s are overrated and overpriced.

post #527 of 37400

I'm gonna go with the Mixamp 5.8 and PC360s then, and use this strictly for gaming. (Guess i'll buy some headphones for music later on). Where can i find the PC360's though? I've been looking for the past half an hour and they seem to be sold out

post #528 of 37400

Actually since Black Ops sound is so bad (and i'm so deaf) even with k702 i get backstabbed pretty often hehe... (not using ninja pro)

 

I just bought Dead Space, hope the positioning is much better (going to play it with my DT990 tough)

post #529 of 37400

i've made this post before.  A LOT of people just like myself thought that the black ops sound set up was horrible.  Try putting your audio settings on  "QUIET"  this enables a black ops specific dynamic volume control.  It lowers and pushes each sound to be even with one another.  Loud setting is much different.  It makes the sounds more like it would be in real life. Helicopters loud and people trying to walk quietly hard to hear.  Hope this helps

post #530 of 37400
Thread Starter 

Even on quiet, Black Ops's audio still sucks.

post #531 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BChizzle View Post

I'm gonna go with the Mixamp 5.8 and PC360s then, and use this strictly for gaming. (Guess i'll buy some headphones for music later on). Where can i find the PC360's though? I've been looking for the past half an hour and they seem to be sold out



I have a pair of PC 360's that I bought 2 weeks ago. Probably about 10 hours of use. Let me know if you're interested.

post #532 of 37400

Black Ops audio mix sucks compared to Modern Warfare 2. The running and walking sound sounds like people stepping on wet paper bags, it is competent enough though for me to still be able to tell where people are.

post #533 of 37400

I'm so done with the CoD series. It died after the first Modern Warfare. God I can't wait for BF3. It's going to revolutionize PC gaming the second time around. Battlefield 2 is still a marvel of a game. The best part, on PC they're bringing back 64 players, and apparently jets will be available on all platforms... Good luck flying a J10 with an xbox controller... Lol. 

post #534 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub Beatz View Post

I'm so done with the CoD series. It died after the first Modern Warfare. God I can't wait for BF3. It's going to revolutionize PC gaming the second time around. Battlefield 2 is still a marvel of a game. The best part, on PC they're bringing back 64 players, and apparently jets will be available on all platforms... Good luck flying a J10 with an xbox controller... Lol. 



I love online play with Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC)...even the audio blows me away.  I never did try Battlefield 2 or any other Battlefield game until I found Bad Company 2 but I also am looking forward to BF3. Would it be worth my time getting some BF2 experience before BF3 comes out or do they have similar game play to the Bad Company series?

post #535 of 37400

Eh, I haven't really enjoyed competitive play for some time now.

 

I'm looking forward to Brink in a few months, and Rage in September.

post #536 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpresser View Post





I love online play with Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC)...even the audio blows me away.  I never did try Battlefield 2 or any other Battlefield game until I found Bad Company 2 but I also am looking forward to BF3. Would it be worth my time getting some BF2 experience before BF3 comes out or do they have similar game play to the Bad Company series?


Don't bother getting BF2, honestly. They run on two different engines so they will feel like two different games. BF3 runs the same engine as Bad Company 2, so if you already play that you'll be better off when Bf3 comes out. I honestly can't wait for BF3, man. It's gonna be so stellar. 

post #537 of 37400

Hi I've been having problems getting my mic to work on my PS3.

 

I have my HD 595's connected and they work great but when I put a mic into the other plug on the Y-splitter my chat doesn't work.

 

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/71/Y-Adapter/

 

^ My mixamp came with this so I'm not sure what's the problem.

 

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

post #538 of 37400

Guys i have a receiver that outputs dolby digital 5.1 and dts 5.1 to my headphones. I've used dolby headphone before, but i would like some thoughts whether its worth it to get a mixamp to use dolby headphone with my hd 555 or just stick with my receiver.

post #539 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy View Post

Hi I've been having problems getting my mic to work on my PS3.

 

I have my HD 595's connected and they work great but when I put a mic into the other plug on the Y-splitter my chat doesn't work.

 

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/71/Y-Adapter/

 

^ My mixamp came with this so I'm not sure what's the problem.

 

Any help would be appreciated thank you.


Just like any other headset, you have to go to accessory settings and change your chat device to the Astro Mixamp. You should be using a USB cable to power, and transmit chat data from the PS3 to the Mixamp.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSilver View Post

Guys i have a receiver that outputs dolby digital 5.1 and dts 5.1 to my headphones. I've used dolby headphone before, but i would like some thoughts whether its worth it to get a mixamp to use dolby headphone with my hd 555 or just stick with my receiver.


We wouldn't be recommending it so much in this thread if it wasn't greatly superior to other options. Odds are your receiver is downmixing channels to stereo and not actually applying Dolby Headphone the way the Mixamp does.

post #540 of 37400

Before i purchase the Mixamp ... do i need any of the additionals? Rechargable batteries ? Optical cable?

Also, do the K701's work with the Mixamp?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)