- 34 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 300post #4486 of 373543/4/12 at 5:16pmTrust me you don't want the wireless mixamp especially if you have a dual router it will have interference
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4487 of 373543/4/12 at 6:32pm
While they're all PC versions of games (sorry, MLE and other console-only gamers), they nicely highlight the difference between plain stereo ("Xonar"), Dolby Headphone ("Xonar DH"), and CMSS-3D Headphone ("X-Fi", obviously only relevant to PC users).
It's much easier to listen to these properly-configured-and-recorded videos if people want to decide what's right for them.post #4488 of 373543/5/12 at 2:06ampost #4489 of 373543/5/12 at 3:49am
I really liked the K701 for gaming as in atmosphere, focus, positional audio but the comfort is incredibly bad and now I have the chance to replace them with DT 880 600 Ohm or DT 990 600 Ohm. Now the question is. Do they come close musically and are they that bad behind in terms of gaming? I prefer singleplayer mostly and I am very picky about atmosphere, soundstage.
Can the 5-7 o'clock problem be fixed by positioning the surround back LS in the Asus Essence STX Panel?
Edited by Fegefeuer - 3/5/12 at 4:11ampost #4490 of 373543/5/12 at 5:44amThread StarterIf you're playing single player games, the 5-7 o clock positioning isn't as important or nearly as dicernable as when you're purely focused on competitive gaming. The DT880 will be your best alternative which I actually like overall more than the AKGs, 5-7 hole aside. The DT880's have a great soundstage (not as big as the AKGs, which is understandable), surround sound, and atmosphere is great. Only those of us who pay special attention to games like CoD would be irked by the 5-7 positions not being AS good. Willing to bet a lot of you wouldn't even be able to tell. I and a few others are just a bit extreme in our gaming habits, which is why we can. There are times when I don't even think the 5-7 positions are that great on ANY headphone. It's a weakness of Dolby Headphone itself, more than the DT880s.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/5/12 at 5:46ampost #4491 of 373543/5/12 at 5:55ampost #4492 of 373543/5/12 at 8:19amThread StarterThe treble on the DT990 is quite pronounced compatred to the K701. Not many headphones can touch that sizzling treble. Anyways, the DT990 and K701 are VERY different headphones. The DT990 is very bass and treble oriented, more for fun than anything, while the K701 is analytical, and doesn't have much in the way of fun. They compliment each other actually, since they're so different.post #4493 of 373543/5/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
If you're playing single player games, the 5-7 o clock positioning isn't as important or nearly as dicernable as when you're purely focused on competitive gaming. The DT880 will be your best alternative which I actually like overall more than the AKGs, 5-7 hole aside. The DT880's have a great soundstage (not as big as the AKGs, which is understandable), surround sound, and atmosphere is great. Only those of us who pay special attention to games like CoD would be irked by the 5-7 positions not being AS good. Willing to bet a lot of you wouldn't even be able to tell. I and a few others are just a bit extreme in our gaming habits, which is why we can. There are times when I don't even think the 5-7 positions are that great on ANY headphone. It's a weakness of Dolby Headphone itself, more than the DT880s.
I'm with you on this MLE. I even wondered if the new "speaker position" feature on the DSS2 could fix this for a lot of headphones. I'm thinking about ordering it this week infact. Have you checked out the DSS2?post #4494 of 373543/5/12 at 10:06ampost #4495 of 373543/5/12 at 10:38amQuote:
I don't think the Q701 pads are angled.post #4496 of 373543/5/12 at 11:40am
They are thicker in the back than the front. Not sure how it angles the drivers since they rest on the back of the head. That may be the whole point compensating for the roundness of the skull.
I may try just padding the back of the pads. Not sure what to use though something light and airy I would quess.post #4497 of 373543/5/12 at 8:55pm
Just got my ModMic in the mail today, really pleased. I have the spare sticky magnet that I never actually activated the stick on attached to the corner of my case as a spacer for when I'm not gaming, I can just snap on the mic without the magnet flattening out the twist I put on the short side to curve in and touch the audio cable going out of the Beyers. Current setup is DT770 fed by 550Ti Nvida HD audio over HDMI>Onkyo 509>HP out to E17Aux with a separate run of TOSLINK to mini into the E17 Opt for CMSS in gaming and I snap on the ModMic for voice. I don't expect some of you to follow all that but don't worry, I'm going to take some pics soon here before I dive into ME3 for the next week :D
On that last one you can see the cords for the mic and Beyers stay together even with no wrapping or sleeve.
Edited by SniperCzar - 3/5/12 at 9:17pmpost #4498 of 373543/5/12 at 9:31pmThat looks amazing where did you buy the Modmic at ? Does it comes with everything you need to stick the mic to any headphone ? I want to do something like this for my akg 701 but I have no clue how to do what you just didpost #4499 of 373543/5/12 at 9:48pmThread StarterVery nice, Sniper. I'd love to put my monitor on top of my NFB5, but monitors have terrible vertical viewing angles, and if its any higher, it will get monochromatic... but the setup would look much nicer. I may have to test it out when I get home.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/5/12 at 9:56pmpost #4500 of 373543/5/12 at 9:52pmThread StarterQuote:
Oh, I agree with this. I find the AKGs to be the most comfortable headphone I've owned aside from the cups being too big to lay down comfortably with. The only headphone I've used that's more comfy was my ex's Steelseries Siberia V1. They had a similar design to the AKGs, but with smaller cups. SO COMFY.
The pads on the AKGs never bothered me. They aren't as soft as the Beyer 880/990s, but they are still comfy. The only comfort issue with the AKGs is the bumps, and that really does go away after about a week of using them, perhaps sooner.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/5/12 at 9:55pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 17 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear