or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 286

post #4276 of 37439
Thread Starter 
So got my replacement Vita. The black spotting is STILL an issue, though my newer Vita has significantly less of the spotting, and mostly off to the sides. I'm conviced it's just something that I'm sure everyone who knows what to look for will find on theirs. I'll keep the second one.

I'll chalk it up to OLED's not being perfectly uniform with it's blacks in a very dark room. Normally, not an issue with others, but my main time playing with the Vita WILL be in the dark... can't have it all.
post #4277 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post

The problem is: My parents, yea sigh, but they pay it for me as a gift.
So i cant buy any good amp like the one from astro ect.

But I did find a site were i could buy this one :
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro the 250 ohm

For the rest the PC 360 is availible and the AD700 and the Sennheiser 598.

But you did talk alot about the ''more geekie way'' (No i am not hating, i just dont understand what you mean)
I am not that formilliar with all the technical specs.

 

Here's your issue, for gaming you will want a soundcard like an Asus Xonar that does Dolby Headphone. That costs extra $$ on top of the headphones. For clarity with nice headphones you will want an amp. That also costs extra $$$. To get a headset rather than headphones, you will need to pay for an attachment microphone like an Antlion ModMic. Which again, costs $$.

It's going to be difficult to purchase the complete setup all at once with only $200. My advice would be to get a good pair of headphones and an amp for music, and later when you have more money buy a microphone and soundcard for gaming.

post #4278 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperCzar View Post

 

Here's your issue, for gaming you will want a soundcard like an Asus Xonar that does Dolby Headphone. That costs extra $$ on top of the headphones. For clarity with nice headphones you will want an amp. That also costs extra $$$. To get a headset rather than headphones, you will need to pay for an attachment microphone like an Antlion ModMic. Which again, costs $$.

It's going to be difficult to purchase the complete setup all at once with only $200. My advice would be to get a good pair of headphones and an amp for music, and later when you have more money buy a microphone and soundcard for gaming.


By the way, i think you mis read it: its 200 euros not dollars. But i digged more into it and i found several things out:

In the Netherlands i found a ( what i think a decent amp)
  -Zalman ZM-RSA Headphone Amplifier Extern which is 40 euros
   -ASUS Xonar DG which is 20 euro's

I can reach over the max of 200 euros but not that much.
So there is a headset availible for  140 up to 180 euro's that is 182 up to 234 dollars.
 

Beyerdynamic  DT 990 Pro    /DT 770-M (both same price)
Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700



 

post #4279 of 37439


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post


By the way, i think you mis read it: its 200 euros not dollars. But i digged more into it and i found several things out:

In the Netherlands i found a ( what i think a decent amp)
  -Zalman ZM-RSA Headphone Amplifier Extern which is 40 euros
   -ASUS Xonar DG which is 20 euro's

I can reach over the max of 200 euros but not that much.
So there is a headset availible for  140 up to 180 euro's that is 182 up to 234 dollars.
 

Beyerdynamic  DT 990 Pro    /DT 770-M (both same price)
Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700



 


DT 770-M is for drumming so NO
Why don't you get the CAL's ?
Its pretty highly recommended for a cheap gaming can and use the remaining money on an amp 
Also the Xonar DG is an excellent choice for an entry level soundcard ( thats what the people here recommended me for a good entry level soundcard)

 


Edited by Mysterious - 2/24/12 at 12:26pm
post #4280 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post


 


DT 770-M is for drumming so NO
Why don't you get the CAL's ?
Its pretty highly recommended for a cheap gaming can and use the remaining money on an amp 
Also the Xonar DG is an excellent choice for an entry level soundcard ( thats what the people here recommended me for a good entry level soundcard)

 


Alright, thats usefull to know that i am right with the Xonar DG, thanks alot!

Can i ask you what CAL's are?
 

 

post #4281 of 37439
post #4282 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post


Alright, thats usefull to know that i am right with the Xonar DG, thanks alot!

Can i ask you what CAL's are?
 

 

Forgot to ask what are you looking for? Do you want balanced sound, slammin bass? What do you listen to music wise? Gaming wise

 

This is what I would suggest as a starting point:
Get the DG and the HD598. The HD598 will run off anything. I could be wrong but the Creative's are going to be just as difficult to find in the Netherlands as they are in Canada. If you can get them it is another excellent choice. Also look at Samson SR850/Superlux668B if you can get access to them. The 668B's sound very very close to a Beyer DT990. They don't quite have the depth and control of bass as the Beyers do. Easily one of my favorite headphones. Super easy to drive.

Yes the Beyers do improve with an amp no they don't need one if you are just starting out. If you got a DG it has more then enough power to use up to 250ohm and possibly 600ohm.(Might be iffy.)

 


Edited by Hailin - 2/24/12 at 1:44pm
post #4283 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailin View Post

Forgot to ask what are you looking for? Do you want balanced sound, slammin bass? What do you listen to music wise? Gaming wise

This is what I would suggest as a starting point:

Get the DG and the HD598. The HD598 will run off anything. I could be wrong but the Creative's are going to be just as difficult to find in the Netherlands as they are in Canada. If you can get them it is another excellent choice. Also look at Samson SR850/Superlux668B if you can get access to them. The 668B's sound very very close to a Beyer DT990. They don't quite have the depth and control of bass as the Beyers do. Easily one of my favorite headphones. Super easy to drive.
Yes the Beyers do improve with an amp no they don't need one if you are just starting out. If you got a DG it has more then enough power to use up to 250ohm and possibly 600ohm.(Might be iffy.)

Guess what! I found the Turtle Beach DSS amp on a good Dutch site!
That made me think about myself, i think imma raise the budget!

I want in a headset:
1- soundwhoring in games, that i can hear the enemy so well ect.
2- Music, I listen to music verry often so thats also really important.

And yes i read reviews about CAL but they dont appeal to me. (Dont know why)

I was thinking about this set up:
Xonar DG. 30 euros
TB DSS amp 75 eu.
PC350/ HD595 / AD700.

But the two headsets you linked are accesable in the Netherlands atleast the superdeluxe, but its only 30 euro's. How can that be better than a PC360 ect. ?
post #4284 of 37439
Sorry for double post, my mobile spaced!
Edited by psykoze - 2/24/12 at 2:16pm
post #4285 of 37439

@psykoze

Is gaming your first priority? Do you want to use your setup for competitive gaming?

 

I am kinda thinking Astro Mixamp Pro for my Beyer DT 990 pro right now - for gaming, movies, little bit of music.

post #4286 of 37439
I can't really say, I do play alot of games esspecially FPS.

But music is also verry important to me.

So i really want both at the best way possible.


Unfortunatly i cant buy the astro amp, its not availlible in the Netherlands. =(
post #4287 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post


Guess what! I found the Turtle Beach DSS amp on a good Dutch site!
That made me think about myself, i think imma raise the budget!
I want in a headset:
1- soundwhoring in games, that i can hear the enemy so well ect.
2- Music, I listen to music verry often so thats also really important.
And yes i read reviews about CAL but they dont appeal to me. (Dont know why)
I was thinking about this set up:
Xonar DG. 30 euros
TB DSS amp 75 eu.
PC350/ HD595 / AD700.
But the two headsets you linked are accesable in the Netherlands atleast the superdeluxe, but its only 30 euro's. How can that be better than a PC360 ect. ?


Soundwhoring on console or pc? Or both?

 

I would still say Sens. You really don't want the AD700 for general music.

PC350 take to much modding to make them sound good.

So HD595, HD558, HD598 I would research those.

post #4288 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post

I can't really say, I do play alot of games esspecially FPS.
But music is also verry important to me.
So i really want both at the best way possible.
Unfortunatly i cant buy the astro amp, its not availlible in the Netherlands. =(


what type of music? You might not like the sound signature of the senns for music.

post #4289 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post
I'm also looking for a new headset but there are a few problems for me:

1st i dont have any kind of amp, when looking on internet its hard to buy in the Netherlands.
2nd i dont got a big budget 200 euro max, that is like 250dollars if i am correct.
3rd. I like gaming , so most ofd you would say AD700 right? But the problem is that I hear alot of reviews that the music from it sucks.
I would be verry pleased if people could advise me good headsets, i have been looking for 8 up to 10 hours.
And the only thing I become whiser of is that I do want to soundwhore in games, but also want to enjoy music like a baws!


The ATH-AD700 has some good point, great for easy listening

or watching TV or a movie where the only important thing is hearing the vocals.

It just it's light bass, there is so much stuff that sound better when you have full bass.

Anyway something like the Samson SR850 is a good low cost all around semi-open headphone for someone without an amp.

 

 


Edited by PurpleAngel - 2/24/12 at 4:51pm
post #4290 of 37439
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykoze View Post
By the way, i think you mis read it: its 200 euros not dollars. But i digged more into it and i found several things out:

In the Netherlands i found a ( what i think a decent amp)
  -Zalman ZM-RSA Headphone Amplifier Extern which is 40 euros
   -ASUS Xonar DG which is 20 euro's
I can reach over the max of 200 euros but not that much.
So there is a headset availible for  140 up to 180 euro's that is 182 up to 234 dollars.
Beyerdynamic  DT 990 Pro    /DT 770-M (both same price)

Sennheiser  HD 598
PC 360 G4ME
Or the AD700

How about getting the Senn HD-558 and buy a separate mic?
 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)