or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 28

post #406 of 37400
http://stores.ebay.com/globaldigitalmediaexchange
http://stores.ebay.com/RazorDog-Deals
post #407 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazul View Post

Used?  Because new I see somewhere around $300 and the cheapest used I've seen was somewhere around $240.  I can see the PC360 is better but worth that increase in price?  If I am able to get one for about the same then no problem.



Oh yeah dude. I wouldn't pay that much for the PC360s either. I would say the $180 price tag is justifiable. Definitely not $240.

post #408 of 37400

Can sombody tell how much hours headphone needed to be burned in ?

post #409 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaTCE View Post

Can sombody tell how much hours headphone needed to be burned in ?


generally 50 hours for the most benefit to time ratio. It'll improve more with time, but not as much as the first 50 hours.

post #410 of 37400
Thread Starter 

I'll say just enjoy your headphones, and if you really want to, burn them in whenever you're not using them. It's how I have always done, though I have done pure endless burn in with breaks

 

In the end, even after burning in headphones for over 300 hours, 95% of them are pretty much exactly the same as the first hour I used them.

 

Don't put much stock in burn in, seriously. I'm in the 'psychoacoustic' camp, where I feel it's your own ears getting used to a headphone's sound and not the headphone's changing themselves. Only the M50 had an exttremely clear cut difference in an aspect of their sound within the first hour of burn in for me. That I will defend wholeheartedly.

post #411 of 37400

I thought burn in mean just to use them 50 hours  or that mean i need to use them 50 hours (50 hours in one piece) and not removing it from audio source ?

post #412 of 37400
My turtle beach dss and my dt 990s came today. I find the cans really cool, they got a cool bass and a super sound. Dead space with headphones becomes even creapier than it already is, and in dead space I found dolby headphone pretty cool. I think i'll need to use am a little longer to come to sequences were you really experience DH.
post #413 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaTCE View Post

I thought burn in mean just to use them 50 hours  or that mean i need to use them 50 hours (50 hours in one piece) and not removing it from audio source ?



Don't worry about burn-in.  Just use them normally.

post #414 of 37400

razor dog deals ran out of stock. he told me had only 8 left when i asked him.

 

In the end, i didn't get the pc360 since I had to buy other stuff (iphone 4 BT headset and a external 1TB hard disk :P)

 

Since I only play online 2 times per week, I will live with my K702 and haul my E9 from work to home on weds and weekends :P

 

Anyway, for single player i don't think PC360 beats my DT990... and I'm going to tell my wife next week finally about E9 and DT990 existence :P

post #415 of 37400

Yeah, honestly. I've never gone through the burn in process before, as it defeats the purpose of becoming synergetic with your headphones. Listen to them as they change, (whether or not they change is debatable.) 

post #416 of 37400

I'm really liking the PC 360 for online gaming (PC) so far but I have this need to experience other setups. I have a Labtec LVA-7330 mic coming soon (bought it off a forum member here) and just today I bought these 3 items...

 

amazon.png

 

post #417 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'll say just enjoy your headphones, and if you really want to, burn them in whenever you're not using them. It's how I have always done, though I have done pure endless burn in with breaks

 

In the end, even after burning in headphones for over 300 hours, 95% of them are pretty much exactly the same as the first hour I used them.

 

Don't put much stock in burn in, seriously. I'm in the 'psychoacoustic' camp, where I feel it's your own ears getting used to a headphone's sound and not the headphone's changing themselves. Only the M50 had an exttremely clear cut difference in an aspect of their sound within the first hour of burn in for me. That I will defend wholeheartedly.

 

There very real scientific mechanical evidence for burn-in in dynamic transducer headphones and academic literature (and my own impressions) is really says the first 50 hours for full-size headphones, about 20 hours for earphones. Balanced armature earphones don't require burn-in but suffer timbre tonality issues however you can reproduce mid frequencies easier and allows for, such as in the SoundMAGIC PL-50, a more compact design if wanted.
 

post #418 of 37400

I'm not sure why everyone thinks they are not allowed to listen to their headphones while they are burning in.  If burn in is real it will take place just as fast while the headphones are on your head, so don't worry about it so much people.  

post #419 of 37400

It's not that they think you can't listen to them, they just don't want to hear them until the headphones are at optimal performance. So as not to be disappointed upon receiving brand new headphones and not hearing entirely what many claim to hear.

post #420 of 37400

Actually it might not be that folks think you can't listen to them, but that you can continue burning them in even without listening to them. That's a useful point to note when you've got new headphones that you can't wear at work or class, for example.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)