- 9 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TFZ Series 1 was lent to me by a local dealer, and the unit i got is a full black. Appearances For me, the TFZ with a double flange seems to fit oddly to my ears, the driver housing...
1MORE Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones (E0323) Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
iFi iCan is 1 lightweight portable amp which IMO can be used to power mid difficulty driving headphones. Interface: Turning the knob to power on it, it's that easy, but the power indicator...
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 25post #361 of 374672/6/11 at 8:02amSince my budget is limited, i'll order the dss and the creatives. I can still upgrade in the future. And anythings better than tv speakers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 374672/6/11 at 8:10amThread Starter
I don't think you'll be disappointed, though I believe your first of headphones should be open, to be wowed more by the virtual surround. Tempted on saying the modded HD555 probably would yield the best result in the low price range, though I haven't heard the HD555 yet.post #363 of 374672/6/11 at 8:17ampost #364 of 374672/6/11 at 8:51ampost #365 of 374672/6/11 at 11:05ampost #366 of 374672/6/11 at 11:32amQuote:
Don't start a flame war, son.
PC or console, they have their own pros and cons.post #367 of 374672/6/11 at 11:56am
Whoa I just noticed this thread. Great writeup! Thanks for taking the effort to put this together. Your thoughts mirror my own on most of the cans I've had. I definitely agree on your findings with the K701. I recently repurchased a K701 as my main gaming can. I still need to give the LCD-2 a go to see how it compares but it keeps slipping my mind.post #368 of 374672/6/11 at 12:26pmQuote:
Really interested in this as I have made a vow not to buy another headphone until I can afford the LCD-2.post #369 of 374672/6/11 at 12:35pmpost #370 of 374672/6/11 at 1:22pm
At less than $34, it's one of those that I would just buy and try out to see for myself. If you end up getting them and then not liking them...give me a shout. I'll buy them off you.post #371 of 374672/6/11 at 5:29pmpost #372 of 374672/6/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
They are both incredible for music.post #373 of 374672/6/11 at 8:51pm
I personally would go with the DT990s for gaming and movies unless you need some sort of isolation. From what I remember the Sones (Pro650/750) did well with gaming but not to the level of the DT990s. Still it has been awhile since I've listened to either so take that with a grain of salt.post #374 of 374672/6/11 at 8:53pmQuote:
Well, I have K702 and DT990, and for me, they both sound great with music.
With classical/female/acustic the K702 sound much better than DT990, but with rock DT990 bass has more impact.
Fiio E9 drives K701/2 without any problem at all. Also Matrix m-stage is a well-known amp for K701post #375 of 374672/6/11 at 9:00pmQuote:
The Hfi-780s would give you more of a theater-like experience. A lot of people praise them for gaming, but there are also some people who say they never found them astounding for gaming. It's a toss up, primarily because Ultrasone uses S-Logic, which is basically supposed to emulate surround sound with the way the drivers are angled etc. When you pair that with something else that attempts to emulate surround sound, you can either get one badass surround effect or a horrible, cross reflecting sound cues. I don't have any experience, but I know I almost bought them specifically for gaming and movies. $170 is a sick price, they are also closed.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 26 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 45 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonic ASG 2.5 vs Sony ex800 (opinions please) 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 1 by noobandroid
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by noobandroid
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear