- 9 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 25post #361 of 379452/6/11 at 8:02amSince my budget is limited, i'll order the dss and the creatives. I can still upgrade in the future. And anythings better than tv speakers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 379452/6/11 at 8:10amThread Starter
I don't think you'll be disappointed, though I believe your first of headphones should be open, to be wowed more by the virtual surround. Tempted on saying the modded HD555 probably would yield the best result in the low price range, though I haven't heard the HD555 yet.post #363 of 379452/6/11 at 8:17ampost #364 of 379452/6/11 at 8:51ampost #365 of 379452/6/11 at 11:05ampost #366 of 379452/6/11 at 11:32amQuote:
Don't start a flame war, son.
PC or console, they have their own pros and cons.post #367 of 379452/6/11 at 11:56am
Whoa I just noticed this thread. Great writeup! Thanks for taking the effort to put this together. Your thoughts mirror my own on most of the cans I've had. I definitely agree on your findings with the K701. I recently repurchased a K701 as my main gaming can. I still need to give the LCD-2 a go to see how it compares but it keeps slipping my mind.post #368 of 379452/6/11 at 12:26pmQuote:
Really interested in this as I have made a vow not to buy another headphone until I can afford the LCD-2.post #369 of 379452/6/11 at 12:35pmpost #370 of 379452/6/11 at 1:22pm
At less than $34, it's one of those that I would just buy and try out to see for myself. If you end up getting them and then not liking them...give me a shout. I'll buy them off you.post #371 of 379452/6/11 at 5:29pmpost #372 of 379452/6/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
They are both incredible for music.post #373 of 379452/6/11 at 8:51pm
I personally would go with the DT990s for gaming and movies unless you need some sort of isolation. From what I remember the Sones (Pro650/750) did well with gaming but not to the level of the DT990s. Still it has been awhile since I've listened to either so take that with a grain of salt.post #374 of 379452/6/11 at 8:53pmQuote:
Well, I have K702 and DT990, and for me, they both sound great with music.
With classical/female/acustic the K702 sound much better than DT990, but with rock DT990 bass has more impact.
Fiio E9 drives K701/2 without any problem at all. Also Matrix m-stage is a well-known amp for K701post #375 of 379452/6/11 at 9:00pmQuote:
The Hfi-780s would give you more of a theater-like experience. A lot of people praise them for gaming, but there are also some people who say they never found them astounding for gaming. It's a toss up, primarily because Ultrasone uses S-Logic, which is basically supposed to emulate surround sound with the way the drivers are angled etc. When you pair that with something else that attempts to emulate surround sound, you can either get one badass surround effect or a horrible, cross reflecting sound cues. I don't have any experience, but I know I almost bought them specifically for gaming and movies. $170 is a sick price, they are also closed.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 25 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 35 seconds ago
- › F/S Denon D7000 53 seconds ago
- › F/S Fostex TH900 mk1 2 minutes ago
- › AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Better sounding headphonr 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear