Bubbles is best girl.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 2008post #30106 of 374284/2/15 at 10:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #30107 of 374284/2/15 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #30108 of 374284/2/15 at 10:10ampost #30109 of 374284/2/15 at 10:11am
Did you solve your chat issue, Mad?post #30110 of 374284/2/15 at 11:29am
You don't get to vote.post #30111 of 374284/2/15 at 11:31amI like mad's Avatar too, though I thought it might've been from the Transistor game somewhere.
Kinda annoyed that the white is from an elbow/glove, not like just a white bubble placed there for aesthetic reasons.post #30112 of 374284/2/15 at 11:33ampost #30113 of 374284/2/15 at 11:33amQuote:
That game is so gorgeous...post #30114 of 374284/2/15 at 11:33ampost #30115 of 374284/2/15 at 11:34ampost #30116 of 374284/2/15 at 11:35ampost #30117 of 374284/2/15 at 11:39amQuote:
I like stories that dump you in with no background and start using words that you have to figure out as you go along. Think Dune, Clockwork Orange, Anathem, that sort of thing. Combine that with good music and good art and it's a winner in my book...post #30118 of 374284/2/15 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stillhart
That game is so gorgeous...
Transistor is awesome!post #30119 of 374284/2/15 at 12:29pm
Perhaps not that much headphone related but considering the profile pic discussion, close enough. Does anybody here know of a place that sells unsold gaming/audio/video stuff? There has to be a warehouse, somewhere in this world filled with still good gear that for some reason was not sold.post #30120 of 374284/2/15 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stillhart
I like stories that dump you in with no background and start using words that you have to figure out as you go along. Think Dune, Clockwork Orange, Anathem, that sort of thing. Combine that with good music and good art and it's a winner in my book...
"In medias res" (in the middle of things) would be the literary term. I love it as a plot device (when it's done right, at least). Critical backstory turns into puzzle pieces that unravel the mystery for the audience. It creates dissonance between the subjective and objective reality. What do the character's actions mean? She just killed a guy... why? Is this person good? Bad? It all becomes a mystery to unravel.
Another good example (and relevant to the gaming thread!) would be this internet short based on the game Portal:
Who is this woman? Why is she here? What are the notches on the wall? Why hasn't she escaped? By sticking the viewer in the middle, you can allow the backstory and main story unfold together.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear