or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 179

post #2671 of 37400
MLE, is there any way you can EQ down the bass of the 990 Pro? That might hit the sweet spot for you.
post #2672 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedmorebase View Post

O snap :P

 

Btw rpg, buy the dt990 pro please..i want to see your impressions of them with the Zo2 >:) it just sounds like the perfect headphone for us, Soundstage for gaming, great bass (plus Zo to meet our basshead requirements), detail, clarity.... just buy it! :D


Well I don't like V-shaped sound signatures, the Beyers have too much recessed midrange for my liking, I rather take muddy but forward midrange over clear but tinny V-shaped sound signatures. But with ZO2 + some EQing to the midrange especially I might still be able to get the sound I like but it's still smarter to get something that needs as little EQing as possible to be satisfied.

 

post #2673 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Yet, when I had the XB500, I EQ'ed-up the whole frequency to get a brighter sound. See what I did there? Personal experience, brah.
base, he wouldn't like the DT990s, he likes his headphones duller than hell. He hates treble for the most part.


By duller you mean...?

 

I thought the whole point of the XB500s to be the opposite of "dull" to be FUN...are you taking dull's opposite to be...clarity?

post #2674 of 37400

popcorn.gif

post #2675 of 37400
Thread Starter 
The DT990 Pros for gaming, ROCK. Dolby Headphone + DT990 Pro = match made in heaven. Soundstage, surround positioning is spot on, and the bass doesn't get in the way like they do in the DT770 pro 80s. Looks like this one is leaning towards being a keeper again. VERY impressive. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

MLE, is there any way you can EQ down the bass of the 990 Pro? That might hit the sweet spot for you.

No option for that outside of media player options. I'm not much into equalizing, but I guess I can lower the bass a little to my liking. I'm just trying to get a feel for their sound first before I start making changes like EQ. It really is too soon to judge the bass since these are absolutely fresh,and I'm personally not in the best state to be listening to bassy headphones due to having a semi-bad headache. Whn I feel beter, I will go for it again.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/13/11 at 5:08pm
post #2676 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedmorebase View Post



By duller you mean...?

 

I thought the whole point of the XB500s to be the opposite of "dull" to be FUN...are you taking dull's opposite to be...clarity?



No, dull as opposed to energetic. Treble's where the energy's at; kill the treble and the sound does get dulled. Try it out.

post #2677 of 37400
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedmorebase View Post





By duller you mean...?

 

I thought the whole point of the XB500s to be the opposite of "dull" to be FUN...are you taking dull's opposite to be...clarity?


Duller = meaning treble being tame considerably. RPG and I have very diferent tastes in terms of treble. I like emphasized treble, he likes them dulled down. Sorry for not explaining.

edit: Thanks Eric, glad you understood that. biggrin.gif
post #2678 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post



No, dull as opposed to energetic. Treble's where the energy's at; kill the treble and the sound does get dulled. Try it out.



Depends on your music ;)

post #2679 of 37400

@MLE: Ouch, sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Ya, prob not the best time for you to make a final judgement on bassy cans since you've been used to less bassy ones for a while now.

post #2680 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Duller = meaning treble being tame considerably. RPG and I have very diferent tastes in terms of treble. I like emphasized treble, he likes them dulled down. Sorry for not explaining.
edit: Thanks Eric, glad you understood that. biggrin.gif


OK I like them about "neutral" not too much veiled, I don't however want the highs >4kHz to be more elevated than mids, that's a big no-no, I can tolerate if highs are a little more recessed than mids but not the other way round. I'm sure you'd be suprised how well these just tiny bit EQ'd HTF600 for more highs so they are about even with the mids sound like, it's certainly not a dull sound. It's just I can tolerate warm sounding headphones better than bright/cold/thin sounding headphones with V-shaped signatures such as PRO900, Beyer DT770/990 etc. I'd rather take an upside-down V shaped signature even, with less lows and highs than mids, most important for me these days is forward mids but I still like strong bass response but HTF600 brings me both. :)

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 12/13/11 at 5:15pm
post #2681 of 37400
Thread Starter 
Totally respect that. We all hear differently. I was wondering if you've ever heard the HD650. It sounds like the perfect headphone for you, bass aside.
post #2682 of 37400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedmorebase View Post

Depends on your music ;)


Sorry, no it doesn't. Take any given track and EQ out the treble completely, and it will sound muffled or like you're underwater. 

I know you like a lot of bass, and of course lowering treble will make bass stand out more (and seem louder, by contrast), but it's still a duller sound without the treble.

post #2683 of 37400
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post




Sorry, no it doesn't. Take any given track and EQ out the treble completely, and it will sound muffled or like you're underwater. 

I know you like a lot of bass, and of course lowering treble will make bass stand out more (and seem louder, by contrast), but it's still a duller sound without the treble.


This. That's my problem with treble recessed headphones. They sound like muffled crap to me. Not saying they are, I just personally attribute treble to clarity, which is why I'd never get something like the HD650.

I owned thee ESW9A, and it was a very bass and mid centric phone with smooth highs. For me, it sounded like a $10 headphone because of the lack of sparkle. And yes, they were 100% legit.
post #2684 of 37400


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post


Sorry, no it doesn't. Take any given track and EQ out the treble completely, and it will sound muffled or like you're underwater. 

I know you like a lot of bass, and of course lowering treble will make bass stand out more (and seem louder, by contrast), but it's still a duller sound without the treble.



No, I mean that some songs are guided mostly by bass, but since your music tastes are....ok nothing in your page except a cup of coffee... :<

 

anywho, obviously it'l sound duller, but to me dull is less fun, i have a "funner" time with bass concentration than treble, that is all.

post #2685 of 37400


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


This. That's my problem with treble recessed headphones. They sound like muffled crap to me. Not saying they are, I just personally attribute treble to clarity, which is why I'd never get something like the HD650.
I owned thee ESW9A, and it was a very bass and mid centric phone with smooth highs. For me, it sounded like a $10 headphone because of the lack of sparkle. And yes, they were 100% legit.


Guess it just simply comes down to preferenceYou have more "fun" with clear treble, some of us, because of our music, have more fun and enjoyment with MOAR BASS (:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)