I'll be taking something else then
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1585post #23761 of 374005/17/14 at 3:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23762 of 374005/17/14 at 10:31pm
Can anyone sway me in any particular way concerning a choice between a headset and a pair of headphones + mic? I've been looking at getting the SLYR's, but those CAL's seemed particularly nice too. My only issue is that is if I got those, I'd be restricted to playing on the PC instead of both PC and my xbox, and I'd also have to get a mic for it. Although in all honesty, whatever mic I got would probably end up being better than the SLYR's mic. Kinda stuck on what to choose here.
Edited by dentinglo - 5/17/14 at 11:02pmpost #23763 of 374005/18/14 at 12:31amThanks for the help guys...I'm going to get a AKG Q701,Fiio E12 and astro mix amp pro...any ideas on a mic? Was looking at the ant lion modmic? Or does anybody know if the V-Moda boom pro mic works with the AKG Q701
Edited by sebastianZA - 5/18/14 at 12:37ampost #23764 of 374005/18/14 at 5:29pmpost #23765 of 374005/18/14 at 5:36pmQuote:
The V-Moda boom pro doesn't work with the Q701 or other AKG headphones with the mini XLR plug.... yet... Zombie_X is making an adapter that goes from mini XLR to 3.5mm for the boom pro. You'll have to find the thread he made and let him know if you want to test out the adapter.
As for the mics that do work, you'll have to go for the modmic (rev 4.0 is up for preorder!) or a clip on mic. Right now, I'm using the Neweer clip on mic and it's worked well so far for me. The cord could've been longer but it was cheap enough so I can't complain.post #23766 of 374005/18/14 at 7:17pm
@Stillhart, don't forget to post impressions of the HP100 when you get it. I've been trying to tell people in this thread about their awesomeness and wide soundstage for a closed headphone. SoundMAGIC really get's overlooked since they don't have much of a full-size lineup, but the two I've tried are rather impressive!
Maybe once @Mad Lust Envy returns from his looong hiatus, he'd be willing to review both the HP100 and HP200 if we send them to him at the same time .post #23767 of 374005/18/14 at 8:16pmpost #23768 of 374005/18/14 at 8:29pmpost #23769 of 374005/18/14 at 8:32pm
The Zalman mic isn't that good. It's not that sensitive. Use the other mics he recommends instead.
Source: I have one.post #23770 of 374005/18/14 at 8:54pmQuote:
Agreed, the Zalman leaves a lot to be desired. I'd recommend one of the cheap clip-on mics. I have the DX version that MLE reviewed. It doesn't claim to be anything more than what it is and sounds pretty clear in chat. I've gamed with a couple guys here and they've said it was clear enough.post #23771 of 374005/18/14 at 8:55pmpost #23772 of 374005/18/14 at 9:29pm
Just the one. They're cheap, just slow to ship from DX's Chinese distribution center.post #23773 of 374005/18/14 at 9:30pmQuote:
I know, lol... that's why I asked... *sigh*
Need one for the K612 when it returns.post #23774 of 374005/18/14 at 9:39pmHere are a couple K612 impressions:K612
The K612 is damn good for ~$165. No real faults with it. It's got a nice balanced signature and good detail and soundstage for the price. It's not as good as the K712, but ya. The K712 is reallly lovely.K612s comfort is pretty good too. The pads aren't quite deep as the K712 or K702/Q701, but you can swap those pads on it if you like. I believe the K612 pads don't use as dense a foam as the K702, as they seem to compress a quicker. I remember the K702 pads being firmer.Overall the K612 is definitely of the best options under 200.
- The K612 is more neutral than the K712, but not as neutral as the Q701 (going off memory).
- Signature probably isn't that different than the HD600.
- When you put the K712 pads on the K612, it becomes warmer than the K712. So the K612 drivers themselves are actually a little warmer sounding.
- The K612 is really hungry for volume.
- Midrange is a bit more forward on the K612 (compared to K712).
- Compared to K712, it's not quite as detailed and resolving, and has a little more grain to it.
- Build quality feels a little cheaper than K712.
- Soundstage is solid and plenty good for this price. The K712s is a bit more expansive sounding and with more layering and cleaner separation. One of the premiums you get for paying extra (along with the better resolution and greater body).
Edited by chicolom - 5/18/14 at 9:45pmpost #23775 of 374005/18/14 at 9:49pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 6 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 12 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 12 minutes ago
- › Lavricables Pure Silver lightning (Chord Hugo/Mojo) interconnect ... 14 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear