or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1579

post #23671 of 37382

post #23672 of 37382
That dragonfly DAC/amp is a great solution for laptops. It doesn't process headphone surround, but it sounds better than a Mixamp and they lowered prices.


Grumpy,
I'll try that, but my DAC is a normal DAC... It can't process DDL. It is possible that the Omni will process SBX and output stereo LPCM or PCM, but I doubt it because you are supposed to enable that encoding so that an AV receiver can feed 5 or 7 discrete speakers. Maybe something in the middle will work... Windows set for DDL, the Omni control panel set to no encoding to force it to use SBX to process it?
post #23673 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Those earcups seem to have more than a passing resemblance to AKGs...
post #23674 of 37382

I didn't realize the HP200 came with non-pleather pads from the images I saw online. Now I'm actually slightly interested in this headphone.

post #23675 of 37382
It does come with pleathers, actually. I just replaced them with my 1540 alcantara pads wink.gif
Edited by Change is Good - 5/9/14 at 7:05pm
post #23676 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

It does come with pleathers, actually. I just replaced them with my 1540 alcantara pads wink.gif

 

Ooooooh, that makes sense. Wonder how it changes the sound vs stock, and I'm curious if Beyer pads would fit it.

post #23677 of 37382
I didn't notice much of a difference when switching back n forth, except a bit of refinement coming from the alcantaras. Haven't had much time to be completely sure, though.

The alcantaras are unique softs pads, as they give a similar sound effect to pleathers... but with more air to breathe.

Quick impression of the HP200 is that it reminds me A LOT of the 1840, without the bass distortion. I've read that these sound very similar to the HD600s, and it makes sense as I've read those are similar to the 1840.

Clearly a winner, in my book, but I wouldn't recommend regular velours on em. These are already slightly bright, so regular velours might make them fatiguing.
post #23678 of 37382
Thread Starter 
Those 1540 Alcantaras are my fave pads of any headphone ever.
post #23679 of 37382

I really need to wait until I get my K612 back to really give some good impressions on these.

 

So far, I'm sticking with my initial post about these sounding very similar to the SRH1840. The detail and imaging I'm getting with these is AMAZING. It's similarly bass light like the SRH1840, but better textured and there is absoulutely no low frequency distortion (like the SRH1840 is known for).

 

I think we have a new sound whoring go-to headphone in the $200 range. Still not absolutely positive a BoomPro will fit, however...

 

 

 

 

Just amazing to look at, too!


Edited by Change is Good - 5/10/14 at 2:28am
post #23680 of 37382

after reading ur great review and comparison. I want to buy slyr headset

but unfortunately its not available in my country

I play in LAN cafe so I need a headset with good isolation

currently Im eyeing plantronics 780

anyone have tried this? or maybe zowie hammer?

 

Im also curious about GR07 BE and yamaha eph100 for FPS gaming.. since in my LAN cafe give a bad headset

and I want to use the mic that attach to that bad headset.. (I dont want to that with headphones since it will takes attention)

 

and this is the list of (maybe) all kind of headset available in my country

http://www.rumahgamer.com/20c-gaming-audio?limit=100&page=1

which one would u reccomend it.. < 125$ (Rp 1,500,000 )

also AKG GHS-1 is in my budget


Edited by GodBless - 5/10/14 at 1:15am
post #23681 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

That dragonfly DAC/amp is a great solution for laptops. It doesn't process headphone surround, but it sounds better than a Mixamp and they lowered prices.


Grumpy,
I'll try that, but my DAC is a normal DAC... It can't process DDL. It is possible that the Omni will process SBX and output stereo LPCM or PCM, but I doubt it because you are supposed to enable that encoding so that an AV receiver can feed 5 or 7 discrete speakers. Maybe something in the middle will work... Windows set for DDL, the Omni control panel set to no encoding to force it to use SBX to process it?


Dragonflys garbage mate, If you are going to get one get the hrt microstreamer!


Edited by martin vegas - 5/10/14 at 4:59am
post #23682 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


Dragonflys garbage mate, If you are going to get one get the hrt microstreamer!


"Garbage"?  There are a lot of reviews on head-fi that say otherwise.  People were raving about it when it was $250.  Now it's $99 for the same unit or $150 for an even better version.  The Microstreamer is $200, and I'm sure it's decent... but I can't imagine it's so good that it makes the AQDF look like garbage.  Especially at twice the price.

post #23683 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBless View Post
 

after reading ur great review and comparison. I want to buy slyr headset

but unfortunately its not available in my country

I play in LAN cafe so I need a headset with good isolation

currently Im eyeing plantronics 780

anyone have tried this? or maybe zowie hammer?

 

Im also curious about GR07 BE and yamaha eph100 for FPS gaming.. since in my LAN cafe give a bad headset

and I want to use the mic that attach to that bad headset.. (I dont want to that with headphones since it will takes attention)

 

and this is the list of (maybe) all kind of headset available in my country

http://www.rumahgamer.com/20c-gaming-audio?limit=100&page=1

which one would u reccomend it.. < 125$ (Rp 1,500,000 )

also AKG GHS-1 is in my budget

 

If you can afford it, the Sennheiser PC360 is probably the best one on that list.

post #23684 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post


Dragonflys garbage mate, If you are going to get one get the hrt microstreamer!

 

I have to disagree with this. I currently have the Dragonfly V1 and it's an enjoyable little piece of kit. Not blow me away nice, but it's better than onboard sound out of many computers.

post #23685 of 37382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 


"Garbage"?  There are a lot of reviews on head-fi that say otherwise.  People were raving about it when it was $250.  Now it's $99 for the same unit or $150 for an even better version.  The Microstreamer is $200, and I'm sure it's decent... but I can't imagine it's so good that it makes the AQDF look like garbage.  Especially at twice the price.


I have had one mate sorry but they are not worth keeping..if you want a cheaper one get the dacmagic xs!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)