- 4,724 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1550post #23236 of 378784/22/14 at 11:45pmEnd game in this hobby is like following a rainbow... with hope that there's a pot of gold waiting at the end...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23237 of 378784/23/14 at 1:36ampost #23238 of 378784/23/14 at 2:51amThread Starterpost #23239 of 378784/23/14 at 3:35am
That's a pity, you would've really really liked it. Great soundstage, very detailed, very low distortion, fast hard hitting bass that goes very low, euphonic presentation.
To hyperbole: it's simply magical. I think you can relate as you loved the D7000 through and through (upon which the TH-900 improves greatly)post #23240 of 378784/23/14 at 4:49amQuote:
Why didn't you get one of these..wasn't the headphone amp loud enough to power the K712?
Edited by martin vegas - 4/23/14 at 4:55ampost #23241 of 378784/23/14 at 5:56amQuote:
The Musicstreamer II+ is considered a better sounding DAC than the HRT Microstreamer, plus I got the Musicstreamer II+ for cheap. It has nothing to do about loudness, it's about quality.post #23242 of 378784/23/14 at 6:07amQuote:
I have heard one of the music streamers..it was a red one in a club, a dj was using it with a korg thingy that had 16 bit sound and put it through the dac then through the club sound system and it sounded much better! you have the grey one not the red one that's supposed to be even better than the red one!
Edited by martin vegas - 4/23/14 at 6:15ampost #23243 of 378784/23/14 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
K712 Pro. No headband bumps, and memory foam pads which don't add the same kind of pressure to the jaw. That is your best bet. Note, that almost every over ear headphone will induce some pressure to the jaw. Not many that I have found where it isn't a little uncofmortable, except the K712 Pro/Annie, MA900, and the Slyr (as far as the most recent ones) which has stupid soft velours. Your other bet is something on ear, which gets rid of jaw discomfort for pinched ears. YMMV.
Just received the K712 and wow the comfort is supreme compared to the Q701 imo, I'd like to thank you for recommending them to me, Sound great, Aswell as looking stunning.
Edit: Worth the premium I paid also, Just for the comfort alone.
Edited by Razz7 - 4/23/14 at 8:49ampost #23244 of 378784/23/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Do you still have the Q701 to compare the sound of the two?post #23245 of 378784/23/14 at 9:28ampost #23246 of 378784/23/14 at 9:46ampost #23247 of 378784/23/14 at 9:55amQuote:
Now I can't wait until I get mine! Comfort is BY FAR a huge priority with my headphones. Gotta wait till ~Saturday to try mine out. Did you order them from Razordog or Amazon?post #23248 of 378784/23/14 at 10:15amQuote:
Amazon UK, from a 3rd party seller.post #23249 of 378784/23/14 at 12:51pmQuote:
What about the Alpha pads?
Edit: NM, you included lambskin. Guess it really is no leather for you at all lol.
You really should look into a full size Momentum with 1540 pads. Those alcantaras have the same effect on sound as pleathers, so the differences should be minimal on the momentum once switching.
Edited by Change is Good - 4/23/14 at 1:22pmpost #23250 of 378784/23/14 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by grumpy1471
So after seeing $400 being drained from my bank account... I'm getting what I'm calling buyers doubt (not quite buyers remorse) already. The headphones haven't even been shipped yet!
My question is, are these K712 Pros REALLY a good investment? This is a lot of money (at least in my books) for a pair of headphones and I have no clue what to expect. WIll the K712s be the end of my search for the ultimate cans? Will they last a long time and be well worth the money?
I apologize if this seems like a really dumb set of questions. I'm on the fence about canceling my order and need the reassurance
For me personally, yes to both of those questions. I love the sound and comfort of my Annies. I paid a similar amount for mine and know I won't be finding anything noticeably better (for an all around can IMO) without stepping into summit-fi territory.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 29 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R DAP - Dual ES9018K2M, Balanced Out, Android 5.1,... 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear