- 16,373 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1507post #22591 of 374004/3/14 at 2:15pmThread StarterIt is a good headphone, lol. Its not your typical polarizing Sone. Im guessing with the advent of Beats, that was the point where they aggressively tuned their line. Since the 15g is much, much older, it is a much more ear friendly headphone.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22592 of 374004/3/14 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
Oh I know it was later this year. Right now you can only get it as a mod for one of the Asus monitors, but "mature" would be less expensive and built-in the Asus ROG monitor looks like it'll be nice, but I'm not gonna spend $800 on a monitor
Rather spend it on an awesome DAC/amp
$800? Valhalla/Bifrost FTW!
BTW, I finally pulled the trigger on an amp for my Q701. I'm so bad at being responsible with my money...post #22593 of 374004/3/14 at 2:23pmQuote:
I like how you ignored me just then lolpost #22594 of 374004/3/14 at 2:30pm
The Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE has arrived. I have them for testing for the next two weeks. First impressions, piano sounds quite nice for a ~$100 dynamic IEM. And I'm glad they come with a pair of Comply tips, as I much prefer foam to silicon tips. Better seal, better overall sound.post #22595 of 374004/3/14 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by AxelCloris
The Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE has arrived. I have them for testing for the next two weeks. First impressions, piano sounds quite nice for a ~$100 dynamic IEM. And I'm glad they come with a pair of Comply tips, as I much prefer foam to silicon tips. Better seal, better overall sound.
When I get out of this financial whole I might look into these. I want an IEM that is easier to travel with..
The H3 is a bit bulky and too scratch prone to take with me on campus, everyday...post #22596 of 374004/3/14 at 2:38pmThread Starterpost #22597 of 374004/3/14 at 2:45pmpost #22598 of 374004/3/14 at 3:03pmThread StarterSo I just attached it to the Mixamp, and the Mixamp is fully maxed out on the game side and master volume, and it's just to the point of being loud.
Yes, these are hard to drive to loud volumes.post #22599 of 374004/3/14 at 3:07pmpost #22600 of 374004/3/14 at 3:16pmThread Starterpost #22601 of 374004/3/14 at 4:01pmpost #22602 of 374004/3/14 at 4:10pmpost #22603 of 374004/3/14 at 4:17pmThread Starterpost #22604 of 374004/3/14 at 4:34pmpost #22605 of 374004/3/14 at 4:54pm
I've been using Vornado fans since around 2002. My first one, a 10in-ish model, was great and I had it on for literally 2 years and it never had any issues. I bought their tower fan a few years ago, which broke down after 2 years but they sent me a replacement within 3 days on their dime. It's only an okay fan but still better than the majority. Their circulars are the best and worth their pricier price tag.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 9 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › New Pioneer XDP-300R - 2xES9018K2M, Balanced, Android 5.1. 2x... 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Asus zenbook UX305CA not silent 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear