or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1481

post #22201 of 37458
Thread Starter 
It has an inline mic, which I dont ever count as headphones with in line mics as headsets. Headsets to me are those with legitimate boom microphones. In line mics tend to fail next to boom mics.

In line mics also tend to pick up more ambient noise and whatnot.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/28/14 at 7:12am
post #22202 of 37458
Thread Starter 
guys i'm about to go live, and I need you guys to tell me how the mic sounds. It's VERY finicky on the Ultrasone HS-15, as in it has issues plugging in correctly...
post #22203 of 37458
App kept crashing. Will to watch on the laptop or PS4 next time.
post #22204 of 37458
Thread Starter 
It's cool. I turned on my laptop to hear it myself. Sounds fine, I'd say. It's just an absolute pain to get to work.
post #22205 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

Yes, I never even had to change any of the settings and it even works with blue rays straight out of the box..been playing uncharted second son and watched a bit of the omega man with Charlton Heston.. it's just youtube that I am having trouble with watching, says I need adobe flash player for some reason?

1.) Which DAC are you using?

2.) Are you listening in stereo, or processed virtual surround?
post #22206 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


1.) Which DAC are you using?

2.) Are you listening in stereo, or processed virtual surround?

Arcam r dac..using sennheiser u320 headset it has some surround!

post #22207 of 37458
Thread Starter 
Is it an optical dac or USB? No way it has surround. If USB, the PS4 uses generic drivers, and will only output stereo. If optical, unless the r dac states it has virtual surround, you ain't getting any. you need to check your sound settings anyways.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/28/14 at 11:03am
post #22208 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Is it an optical dac or USB? No way it has surround. If USB, the PS4 uses generic drivers, and will only output stereo. If optical, unless the r dac states it has virtual surround, you ain't getting any. you need to check your sound settings anyways.


It's usb and optical not surround only stereo..the headset has a dongle thingy that gives it a surround ish sound..i have a gaming pc with a pioneer susano av receiver with s81 8.2 speakers for bf4 so not that bothered really!

post #22209 of 37458
Thread Starter 
Looks like I'm pretty much done with the Ultrasone review, so I'll be fixing it, and uploading probably tonight.
post #22210 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

Arcam r dac..using sennheiser u320 headset it has some surround!

Ok, so now I know which DAC (and how it's connected), and that you're using something like Dolby PL llx, "enhanced" stereo. People are more often polarized about pro logic IIx, but still, thank you for the info and clarification.
post #22211 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Ok, so now I know which DAC (and how it's connected), and that you're using something like Dolby PL llx, "enhanced" stereo. People are more often polarized about pro logic IIx, but still, thank you for the info and clarification.


I am impressed with the ps4..got good sound and easy to navigate menus..even twitch tv is enjoyable to watch and easy to type to people..i still haven't figured out how to turn it on yet, I just use the controller to turn it on!

post #22212 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post


I am impressed with the ps4..got good sound and easy to navigate menus..even twitch tv is enjoyable to watch and easy to type to people..i still haven't figured out how to turn it on yet, I just use the controller to turn it on!

There is a very small button in the middle ;D
post #22213 of 37458
Evs, tried to watch your stream and the app on my Nexus 5 still keeps crashing after about a minute or two. Bummer...
Edited by Change is Good - 3/28/14 at 1:46pm
post #22214 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Evs, tried to watch your stream and the app on my Nexus 5 still keeps crashing after about a minute or two. Bummer...

 

You didn't miss much.  He dies a LOT.  And he likes Apple.  :blink:

post #22215 of 37458

I noticed that those Ultrasones sometimes failed him to locate the enemy precisly in the stream.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)