or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1475

post #22111 of 37353

Long time no post here.  

 

About an hour ago I unpacked my new PC360s and I would describe them as disappointing.  I knew after reading this guide that I’d be taking a little bit of step back but I didn’t realize how much it would actually be.  There is much less “sparklyness” and soundstage compared to my AD700s.  Using the PC360s feels like a headcold. 

Am I missing something?  Is there a break in period I don’t know about?  I bought these on Amazon, will they take them back?  I use them with a Mixamp.

 

Thanks ahead of time for all your help/advice and thanks to Mad Lust for keeping this guide going.  

post #22112 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6guy View Post
 

Long time no post here.  

 

About an hour ago I unpacked my new PC360s and I would describe them as disappointing.  I knew after reading this guide that I’d be taking a little bit of step back but I didn’t realize how much it would actually be.  There is much less “sparklyness” and soundstage compared to my AD700s.  Using the PC360s feels like a headcold. 

Am I missing something?  Is there a break in period I don’t know about?  I bought these on Amazon, will they take them back?  I use them with a Mixamp.

 

Thanks ahead of time for all your help/advice and thanks to Mad Lust for keeping this guide going.  

 

You can return headphones to amazon without issue. If I read right about the PC360 they sound like the 5x5/5x8 family which are boring and dull headphones, they improve with break-in but they are still dull.

post #22113 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post

You can return headphones to amazon without issue. If I read right about the PC360 they sound like the 5x5/5x8 family which are boring and dull headphones, they improve with break-in but they are still dull.

Having owned the hd595, hd598 and pc360, the first two are great and the pc360 were terrible. I still have my ad700 which I prefer to any other open gaming headphones I've tried, other than the x1 and ma900, both of which way more expensive
post #22114 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaN View Post


Having owned the hd595, hd598 and pc360, the first two are great and the pc360 were terrible. I still have my ad700 which I prefer to any other open gaming headphones I've tried, other than the x1 and ma900, both of which way more expensive



I believe the PC360 has the same drivers as the HD 598 but different pads and housing can alter the sound quite a bit. I really need to listen to the AD700 and the X1 sometime. I had the MA900 but gave it away as it sounded inferior in terms of gaming, music listening, and refinement to my K612 on my system and the sound wasn't different enough to compliment the K612 for me.


Edited by kman1211 - 3/25/14 at 8:04pm
post #22115 of 37353

So I just did the bass port mod on the Q701 and I'm quite pleased with the results.

 

I'm going to do some more back to back testing tonight with gaming and see how it goes.  I'm bummed that I can't use the Boom-pro with my Xbone, but I did order some of those Neewer clip-on mics that just came in today, so I'll see how that works.

 

If the Q701 got a nice bump in the Fun category while still retaining its god mode in the Competitive category, I think they're a keeper.

post #22116 of 37353

Well after another hour of the Pepsi challenge the PC360s are going back.  I was really looking forward to a nice competitive headset. 

@Stillheart Have you tried a modmic?  Its way better than any clip on mic I've had, as long as you’re ok gluing a magnet to your phones. 

 

Thanks again everyone.  

post #22117 of 37353
post #22118 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

Dagnabbit, V-Moda. Are you gonna make me buy a new portable?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711801/v-moda-xs-a-first-look-at-the-new-v-moda-xs-with-val-kolton-head-fi-tv

 

Saw this coming a mile away after the M80 was discontinued....

post #22119 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

Saw this coming a mile away after the M80 was discontinued....

 

Yeah, I knew something was going to be replacing them. But the Xs sounds pretty darned sweet. And heck, for the price I paid for the M-80 I could keep both around. The M-80 still makes an amazing office headphone for me.

post #22120 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

Yeah, I knew something was going to be replacing them. But the Xs sounds pretty darned sweet. And heck, for the price I paid for the M-80 I could keep both around. The M-80 still makes an amazing office headphone for me.

 

Enhanced M-80 sound? Larger soundstage? More comfortable? Better Isolation? These M500s might be in trouble... 

 

So much for being content... :rolleyes:

post #22121 of 37353
Thread Starter 
People complaining about PC360? Have you HEARD Sennheiser products? They are almost always very linear, warm, and non-fatiguing. They're not going to scream excitement. If you prefer the AD700, it's because you pefer a strong treble emphasis. They're complete opposites of one another. If you compare directly, of course the Senns are going to sound dull. Same way as any warm, smooth headphone will sound dull when you're used to bright headphones.
post #22122 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

People complaining about PC360? Have you HEARD Sennheiser products? They are almost always very linear, warm, and non-fatiguing. They're not going to scream excitement. If you prefer the AD700, it's because you pefer a strong treble emphasis. They're complete opposites of one another. If you compare directly, of course the Senns are going to sound dull. Same way as any warm, smooth headphone will sound dull when you're used to bright headphones.

 

Honestly I just find Sennheisers in general boring regardless of them being dark or bright. Some reason they just fail to engage me, to me they lack what I call the euphonic factor. I personally can't agree with the notion that any smooth and warm headphone will sound dull if one is used to bright headphones because that hasn't been my personal experience.

post #22123 of 37353

I finally opened my Twitch account, guys! (Late, I know)


Edited by Change is Good - 3/25/14 at 11:35pm
post #22124 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Welcome back, good to see you again. Did you see, Nameless also got a pair of MMX-300? He likes 'em too.

Yep, the sound they deliver is second to none as far as i have experienced. I have been checking online every day for the Audio technica ATH-AG1 or ADG1. I hear they are the A900x's with a mic?

post #22125 of 37353

Well, my K540's broke when I wanted to listen to music after breakfast...

 

That REALLY f-ing blows...

 

But I have one headphone that I'm interested in, the Sony MDR-1R MK2. It's said to be like the 1R, only more refined and with better and more bass and sub bass.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)