or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1448

post #21706 of 37463

Yet nothing beats the HD 800 in comfort and forgetting having something on your head. 

post #21707 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


Not as bad as Grado's!

What?! You're crazy. Which Grados are you talking about?

post #21708 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptHeadCrab View Post
 

Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.

 

Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?

Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!

(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)


When they start to get uncomfortable take a break..i play bf4 for about 3 hours at a time..I have a rest for a couple of hours and watch a bit of tv!

post #21709 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
 

Yet nothing beats the HD 800 in comfort and forgetting having something on your head. 

 

I disagree. I would make that same statement about the HD700. But I definitely prefer the sound of the HD800 over it. The HD800 is actually more comfortable if you wear it backwards and reverse the cables.

post #21710 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

I disagree. I would make that same statement about the HD700. But I definitely prefer the sound of the HD800 over it. The HD800 is actually more comfortable if you wear it backwards and reverse the cables.


I have sure srh1540 that I use with my MacBook pro for editing video and music on the move that are super comfy!

post #21711 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

 The HD800 is actually more comfortable if you wear it backwards and reverse the cables.

 

post #21712 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post

 

 

What isn't?

post #21713 of 37463

Random question again:  Is there any benefit to using a DAC when gaming on a console?  On a PC?

post #21714 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

Random question again:  Is there any benefit to using a DAC when gaming on a console?  On a PC?


If you use a decent dac the sound in games has a bigger soundstage and the music sounds more detailed and more hifi like..dacs can't carry a surround signal just stereo so you will need something else to give your headphones surround sound for games like bf4!

post #21715 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


If you use a decent dac the sound in games has a bigger soundstage and the music sounds more detailed and more hifi like..dacs can't carry a surround signal just stereo so you will need something else to give your headphones surround sound for games like bf4!

Hmm, so you can't use a DAC and surround, it's one or the other?  Or do you mean you just have to have it inline with a mixamp or something?

post #21716 of 37463

I feel discomfort from the very beginning, and after half a hour it really bothers my head,
Was wondering, how does the X1 feel? are they light on one's head? and how is the clamp vs the senns pc360?

post #21717 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
 

Hmm, so you can't use a DAC and surround, it's one or the other?  Or do you mean you just have to have it inline with a mixamp or something?

If you put the dac through a mixamp you will have surround yes.. some dacs have a codec so they can carry a dolby signal from say a blue ray player but you will only receive the sound in stereo..so you would need to add something like the mix amp to get surround sound!


Edited by martin vegas - 3/15/14 at 1:22pm
post #21718 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

What?! You're crazy. Which Grados are you talking about?


Grado's aren't that comfortable even the ps1000's pinch a bit!

post #21719 of 37463
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 

If you put the dac through a mixamp you will have surround yes.. some dacs have a codec so they can carry a dolby signal from say a blue ray player but you will only receive the sound in stereo..so you would need to add something like the mix amp to get surround sound!

So if I run a 5.1 signal into a DAC, it will only output stereo?  Once the signal is in stereo, if you run it through the mixamp you'll just have stereo, right?  But if you put the mixamp first, you've already done the DA conversion so the DAC doesn't do anything?  What am I missing?

post #21720 of 37463

By definition the Mixamp is a DAC, as is any other device that converts digital audio to analog. You can only convert it once.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)