- 16,417 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 144post #2146 of 386628/31/11 at 3:58amThread StarterRead that countless times. I wanted to hear his own impressions. Always good to hear other opinions on headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 386628/31/11 at 7:41am
Would really like to hear Pro 900 vs XB1000 comparison for 3D headphone virtualization FPS gaming from those who have heard and actually tested both in games.
Neither are going to win any accolades for musical or tonal correctness, but fun factor and positioning accuracy comparison would be interesting.post #2148 of 386629/2/11 at 7:09pm
Hello everyone! I'm about to get some PC360 and a mixamp as I heard wonders from this combo :p
But I've never heard Dolby Headphone before, just played stereo. Please tell me that Dolby Headphone is better than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrk2W_r5fc&fmt=18 'cause this is a bit crappy sound. I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fligG_SLnOc&feature=related and is f*uckin great, I hope DD is more like this last one. But this last one is binaural recording so I think is better than DD.post #2149 of 386629/2/11 at 11:04pm
Dolby Headphone is great for positional audio, I can't imagine playing any game without it.
Has anyone used this mic?
I'm looking for an alternative to a clip on micpost #2150 of 386629/3/11 at 9:30ampost #2151 of 386629/3/11 at 12:08pmpost #2152 of 386629/3/11 at 1:36pm
Hello gamers, my Q701's came in! The headband is pretty comfy and audio cues are good. I can tell from the front/back(footsteps) no problem and no ear fatigue after long hrs of gaming. I have them hooked up th the fiio E9 and then the mixamp. I'll keep tested them out some more before I give my review.post #2153 of 386629/3/11 at 2:01pm
Look forward to it. I see you own/ed the Ad700s, would love to see a comparison.
Quote:Originally Posted by mafiamike
Hello gamers, my Q701's came in! The headband is pretty comfy and audio cues are good. I can tell from the front/back(footsteps) no problem and no ear fatigue after long hrs of gaming. I have them hooked up th the fiio E9 and then the mixamp. I'll keep tested them out some more before I give my review.post #2154 of 386629/4/11 at 8:22amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by mafiamike
Hello gamers, my Q701's came in! The headband is pretty comfy and audio cues are good. I can tell from the front/back(footsteps) no problem and no ear fatigue after long hrs of gaming. I have them hooked up th the fiio E9 and then the mixamp. I'll keep tested them out some more before I give my review.
Please elaborate how you're keeping a Dolby Digital signal from the E9 to the Mixamp. It should be the other way around, since you've been feeding the Mixamp a stereo signal from the E9, whereas the Mixamp would feed a Dolby headphone signal to the E9...post #2155 of 386629/4/11 at 9:05amQuote:Quote:
so could anyone tell my is there significant differences in sound quality/sig from old and new batch of pro-proline 750 ?
and saw on some reading, that some ppl prefer pro 550 over 750 ? is 750 lack of some soundstage/bass ?post #2156 of 386629/4/11 at 11:22am
Yeah, its the other way around, the mixamp(hooked up to 360 with optical), the fiio E9( hooked to the mixamp with the 3.5 mm cable),I bought some mid price cable then the q701's hooked into the fiio E9.I'm using the 1/4 cord. I still own the ad 700's and I'll hook them up tonight afterwork and I'll get back to you. I don't know if all cans are like this but when there is a chopper in the air (blk ops/mw2)it overides the other sounds like footsteps coming near you. So far, I have only 20hrs on the 701's. I'd like to thank ENVY for this thread because I wouldnt have known these headphones existed. My online gaming sure improved, and the other day some fella invited me to try out for his clan because I did so well on FFA(blk ops).post #2157 of 386629/5/11 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rebel975
You'd need a 1/8" female to male cable, which can be had for next to nothing + the cost of shipping.
This is exactly what I bought, but from eBay instead. The mic looks exactly the same. It works okay, but the sound is a bit crackly. Might be the cheapo cable, though, I'll have to investigate. Even so, AU$2.50 ain't bad, and it works great with the Mixamp. The only downside of doing it this way is that there's no mic mute switch.
Now I've just got to figure out a way to connect it to my DT770s. Velcro didn't quite work as I intended; keeps peeling off and it's not stable enough. Might look into something more permanent anyway.post #2158 of 386629/5/11 at 6:14pmI use a piece of hanger shaped to fit around the earpad with a microphone attached to it. It's non permanent and stable.
I've actually bought some cable sleeving and plan on seeing if I can't embed a 1/8" female to female connector piece into an earpad. Then the mic and cable would both be detachable.
Edited by Rebel975 - 9/5/11 at 6:16pmpost #2159 of 386629/5/11 at 6:48pm
@Mad Lust Envy
thanks heaps for this wite up man....****, i can say im an avid gamer and im using steelseries siberia...its good until i read this xD....jawdrop completely
hence im planning on getting pc360 or ad700
do i need a new soundcard or even an amp to get the full gaming benefits from these headsets? im using a laptop with onboard soundcard btw
much love and respect!
~billpost #2160 of 386629/6/11 at 1:20amThread StarterI'm not a PC gamer, but I would look into whatever soundcard has Dolby headphone/Dolby Digital Live, like the Asus Essence STX... sorry, I really don't know about soundcards.
None of these headsets need much, so an amp isn't necessary.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 12 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 14 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 28 seconds ago
- › FT/FS: AKG K3003i IEMs 48 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear