or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1428

post #21406 of 37467

Hello folks,

I just ordered myself a DT 770 Pro 80Ohms for my computer. I also ordered a Asus Xonar DX card.

So i am gaming alot , and have been using my G35 for a while now. I got tired of them and buyed a pair of Steelseries 9H yesterday, and i gotta say im not impressed at all .. The sound is not what i was expecting. Low volume (even with the newest realtek sound) and terrible sound overall.

So, i am actually a audio freak, and have had alot of high end speakers the past years, but i have never though of buying "real" headphones for gaming use (instead of the gaming headsets) .

So what i am wondering about is what experience you guys have to the DT 770 Pro 80 when it comes to gaming performance? I have read about them all day, and i can only find good stuff.  I cant even imagen how this headset will perform on Skyrim, BF4 e.t.c.

Like i said, ive already ordered them, but i just want to see if anyone else here use them for gaming, and can tell theire experience.

Thanks ,

post #21407 of 37467
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr34td3str0y3r View Post

Is it confirmed the vmoda boom mice is compatible with all the headsets that the OP posted. I asked on amazons a few weeks ago when I was shopping for the m100s and they said the Custom pro had a proprietary plug, and the boom mic for those would not fit other models either.

M100 works with the boompro, considering its the headphone shown WITH the Boompro...

Dont trust the shady answers given on Amazon...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/3/14 at 1:34pm
post #21408 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

M100 works with the boompro, considering its the headphone shown WITH the Boompro...

Dont trust the shady answers given on Amazon...
I said custom pro. As in I was told the Benerdymanic Custom Pro cans had a propriety plug with a little prong on it.
I re-read the OPs post and he says that the cans he has listed he personally tested. So yeah I will take his word for it.
post #21409 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post
 

 

Well, I happen to own both the X1 and HD558 currently. 

 

I can tell you that after a month of using the X1 and HD558 previously, switching back and forth... I have the HD558 back in my box and stashed safely in my cupboard. Why? Because I don't seem to feel or hear the fact that the X1 has any less of a soundstage than the HD558. They are in fact comparable and in some cases, the X1 is airier with better depth. Not to mention the fact that I don't have to deal with almost no-bass on the HD558 anymore, it's a bliss to have the X1.

 

Now, I do own the HD558 for more than 8 months prior to owning the X1 and it has been my main headphones most of the time. So to switch to the X1 and get all of what the HD558 had to offer and more, that's saying something. Perhaps the only advantage the HD558 has is the more forward mids and peakier highs, both of which would be a better fit for metal or fast music. It isn't by much by the way.


Hey benbenkr.

 

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate your assessment.

post #21410 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaN View Post
 

 

Not at all. I have the AD700 and X1's currently and just tested the MA900, Q701 and PC360 and the PC360 were easily the worst of the bunch in terms of quality and positioning...I was actually shocked at how much better the X1's were.

 

I originally owned the AD700 and then used Amazon's awesomely easy returns to try out the others and ultimately decided on the X1's. The MA900 were absolutely fantastic but I just couldn't find a good fit and overpaid quite a bit on Amazon for them. When I get some extra cash I'll buy another pair for $150-175. The X1's have the most bass I've personally ever heard in an open headphone and not in a bad way. Some explosions have a lot more punch to them than I'm used to with the AD700, obviously, but the comfort, ease of use with a Vmoda Boom mic and positioning won me over. I love them for EDM and gaming is just stellar.

 

The Q701 were great as well, but not as fun and honestly I would have needed to spend another $100 easily on an amp to get anything out of them in conjunction with my Astro mixamp on my 360. Plugged into my Asus DG was better but I'm mostly a 360 gamer with my buddies so they weren't worth it for me. The X1's are versatile, comfortable and superb in almost every way and easily worth $250 or less.

 

You'll be absolutely shocked how much better they are than the PC360. I had the MA900 and Q701 for weeks while trying to figure out which of those and the X1's to keep. The PC360 lasted a single night before they were promptly boxed back up and shipped back to Amazon.

Hey TiTaN. 

 

Thanks for that review.  You covered the exact three headphones/sets that were on my original list along with the X1's.  I decided on the X1's yesterday and I'm just deciding on a mic option before I order them tomorrow.  Your review just wrapped it all up for me.  Thanks again.


Edited by Dannek - 3/3/14 at 2:28pm
post #21411 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaN View Post
 

 

 

I originally owned the AD700 and then used Amazon's awesomely easy returns to try out the others and ultimately decided on the X1's. The MA900 were absolutely fantastic but I just couldn't find a good fit and overpaid quite a bit on Amazon for them. When I get some extra cash I'll buy another pair for $150-175. The X1's have the most bass I've personally ever heard in an open headphone and not in a bad way. Some explosions have a lot more punch to them than I'm used to with the AD700, obviously, but the comfort, ease of use with a Vmoda Boom mic and positioning won me over. I love them for EDM and gaming is just stellar.

 

 

 

I have AD700 and a Logitech USB desktop MIC. Still holding out for a modmic 4.0.....  Your post really has me convinced to try X1 and V-MODA BoomPro.    Is the AD700 better in any regard for FPS gaming soundwhoring?  That is the only thing I will use them for.

 

EDIT< holy crap, I just recalled my modded AD700 has 3.5mm connection!  OMG so excited!  Ordered a BoomPro .......

I have these: http://www.head-fi.org/t/680712/highly-modded-ath-ad700-price-drop

http://imgur.com/a/v6SWK

 

Will I benefit from adding a Schiit Magni to my setup (Astro Mixamp 2011) ?


Edited by Prodeje79 - 3/3/14 at 3:14pm
post #21412 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodeje79 View Post
 

 

I have AD700 and a Logitech USB desktop MIC. Still holding out for a modmic 4.0.....  Your post really has me convinced to try X1 and V-MODA BoomPro.    Is the AD700 better in any regard for FPS gaming soundwhoring?  That is the only thing I will use them for.

Honestly, I have been switching back and forth between the two (have my modmic semi-permanently attached to the AD700s) and I prefer the X1's and find the soundstage and presentation actually help with footsteps and soundwhoring over the AD700s, even though I always read the AD700s as the ultimate competitive soundwhoring headphones. I prefer the X1's and sometimes forget to switch back to the AD700s when testing them because they are so comfy and perform so well. Add to that the ability to plug in the boompro with a volume control and mute switch right in the cable, then unplug and move to my PC, where my stock cable is already plugged into my DG, for about the most convenient source switching you could hope for, and I know I'd never purchase the AD700 if I already had X1s and would sell them if it would even be worth the money.

post #21413 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar96 View Post
 

Hello folks,

I just ordered myself a DT 770 Pro 80Ohms for my computer. I also ordered a Asus Xonar DX card.

So i am gaming alot , and have been using my G35 for a while now. I got tired of them and buyed a pair of Steelseries 9H yesterday, and i gotta say im not impressed at all .. The sound is not what i was expecting. Low volume (even with the newest realtek sound) and terrible sound overall.

So, i am actually a audio freak, and have had alot of high end speakers the past years, but i have never though of buying "real" headphones for gaming use (instead of the gaming headsets) .

So what i am wondering about is what experience you guys have to the DT 770 Pro 80 when it comes to gaming performance? I have read about them all day, and i can only find good stuff.  I cant even imagen how this headset will perform on Skyrim, BF4 e.t.c.

Like i said, ive already ordered them, but i just want to see if anyone else here use them for gaming, and can tell theire experience.

Thanks ,

 

I prefer open headphones for gaming personally, as I game alone in my basement where it is otherwise quiet and enjoy being able to tell if someone comes down and I find I yell over chat when I can't hear myself well. That being said, I've owned DT770's twice before and know it was only a money based decision that I got rid of them. I think, as MLE says in the review, they are some of the best closed cans in terms of positioning and soundstage, especially for that price point, and think if you prefer closed cans for this purpose you'll enjoy them greatly. That being said, for a little more money, the X1's have a very closed sound in terms of being somewhat isolating (compared with any of the other open cans I tested them against [AD700, PC360, Q701 and MA900]) and have the great bass you'll get from the DT770s in an open presentation, which improves soundstage. Consider them if you can pay the extra money and decide the DT770s are missing something.

post #21414 of 37467
I'm so about to buy the dt-990 pro. I will be doing a lot of gaming with these cans (but of course music too).
I started a poll to try and decide what cans to get. A couple people said the dt-990 pros are the wild card. I might not like them.
Fidelio x1s are in the lead.
So gamers? What are your thoughts:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/708251/akg-q701-vs-hd598-vs-fidelio-x1-vs-dt-990-pro

Edit: how much will pairing any of these cans with the Astro mix amp affect them.

I use m100s with my astro mix amp, it's a definite improvement over the original Astro A40s.

Everyone is talking about how great he sound stage is with these four cans that I have listed. Well does the Dolby processing of the Astro amp negate this? Improve on it?
Edited by gr34td3str0y3r - 3/3/14 at 9:06pm
post #21415 of 37467

For anyone interested, Im selling my DT990 Premium 250ohm modified with (internal)silver cable and detachable cable. The Boom Pro would work and so does the Beyer Custom Headset Gear mic.

post #21416 of 37467
Thread Starter 
Thats pretty sweet.
post #21417 of 37467

What pads are those on your Beyer? I can't find 'em anywhere...also the plastic thingy that regulates the earpieces extension is consumed too.

post #21418 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naingolann View Post
 

What pads are those on your Beyer? I can't find 'em anywhere...also the plastic thingy that regulates the earpieces extension is consumed too.


I believe they are the black velour DT 880/990 Beyer pads. They are found on amazon.


Edited by kman1211 - 3/4/14 at 1:04pm
post #21419 of 37467

FYI - the V-Moda boom-pros weren't available a good while back from Amazon US (for shipping abroad), and at the time they would've been a bit pricey to import direct.  Now they do: if you're in Euroland, you're sorted.

 

Should work out at 30 GBP here in UK (or 37 Euros -- GL with that currency you fools).

 

I've had mine for 2 months now:  they are durable and do the job well. Hoping to buy these windscreens (dimensions courtesy of 1llest): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6KMDU8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=IO526ATD59RL&coliid=I13R058M00L93H. The mic alone measures an inch by a half inch.

 

Wind? Where?

post #21420 of 37467
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaLX View Post

FYI - the V-Moda boom-pros weren't available a good while back from Amazon US (for shipping abroad), and at the time they would've been a bit pricey to import direct.  Now they do: if you're in Euroland, you're sorted.

Should work out at 30 GBP here in UK (or 37 Euros -- GL with that currency you fools).

I've had mine for 2 months now:  they are durable and do the job well. Hoping to buy these windscreens (dimensions courtesy of 1llest): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6KMDU8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=IO526ATD59RL&coliid=I13R058M00L93H. The mic alone measures an inch by a half inch.

Wind? Where?

They still don't sell the boom mic in japan. Gaming headphones and mics in general are almost non existent. Luckily I am in the he states fora trip and picked up a boom mic for my m100s (odac, o2 amp, and fidelio x1) .
I don't know why people call japan a headphone paradise. Nightmare is more like it. Anything not Japanese is 30 to 100% more expensive. No major audiophile community like head fi, just random people posting things to their blogs. No budget options for amps and dacs. And companies like AT don't post hardly any specs at all about their amps. And I can't find ANY tests or specs from guys who bought the equipment. Sorry off topic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)