or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1342

post #20116 of 37465

MLE, have you tried this optical switcher? Read that it works great with the Astro Mixamp. http://www.amazon.com/Control-Audio-Selector-Switcher-Splitter/dp/B003C15798/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

post #20117 of 37465

Audio-Technica entered the world of gaming with its first ever gaming headsets – the closed-back ATH-AG1 and open-back ATH-ADG1 models. The design and engineering of the two models are directly influenced by Audio-Technica's A700 and AD700 Series, with both featuring large 53mm drivers and bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils. Audio-Technica says the ATH-AG1 and ATH-ADG1 will be available in spring this year for £240 and £265 respectively.

post #20118 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien3000 View Post

Hey guys. I said earlier I am looking to get new headphones and it has to be from newegg since I have a gift card there. I've narrowed it down to the astro a40s and mixamp for $180, CAL for $75, HD598s for $180 or the HD558s for $120. I'm trying to stay under $200 and a lot of the options recommended are way above that or not available on newegg. Which of these would give me the most fun, immersive gaming?

Get the HD558 with your coupon, and buy MLE's mixamp 2011 for $45.

Total = $165
post #20119 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

 

Audio-Technica entered the world of gaming with its first ever gaming headsets – the closed-back ATH-AG1 and open-back ATH-ADG1 models. The design and engineering of the two models are directly influenced by Audio-Technica's A700 and AD700 Series, with both featuring large 53mm drivers and bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils. Audio-Technica says the ATH-AG1 and ATH-ADG1 will be available in spring this year for £240 and £265 respectively.

They look pretty good but they're obviously overpriced if they are essentially AD700 with a mic stuck on.

post #20120 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

They look pretty good but they're obviously overpriced if they are essentially AD700 with a mic stuck on.


I think they come with a usb dac..that's why the price is so high!

post #20121 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


I think they come with a usb dac..that's why the price is so high!

 

There is indeed a detachable USB DAC. But I would think this is so they can market it also as a USB headset. I doubt the DAC is impressive in the least. The price is so high to make money.

post #20122 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Get the HD558 with your coupon, and buy MLE's mixamp 2011 for $45.

Total = $165
Sounds good! That's exactly what I'll do. Thanks a lot.
post #20123 of 37465

So, noone has any experience with the jds labs cmoybb v2.03?

post #20124 of 37465

Hey there! Just looking for some advice here on a replacement option for my current razer headset that I am using for PC gaming and communication.

 

I've been looking through the options and think that I have it narrowed down to getting the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro, Astro A40 w/Mixamp, or the Audio Technica ATH-M50

 

If I end up getting the headphones I was thinking about getting something like a Blue Snowball microphone to set on my desk, do you guys feel that is a viable option? 

 

Thanks!

post #20125 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzpea View Post
 

Hey there! Just looking for some advice here on a replacement option for my current razer headset that I am using for PC gaming and communication.

 

I've been looking through the options and think that I have it narrowed down to getting the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro, Astro A40 w/Mixamp, or the Audio Technica ATH-M50

 

If I end up getting the headphones I was thinking about getting something like a Blue Snowball microphone to set on my desk, do you guys feel that is a viable option? 

 

Thanks!

 

Well do you want fun sounding cans? (As in, bass, more immersion etc.) Or do you want more soundwhoring/competitive cans?

 

Need to know a budget too. 

post #20126 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubtoad View Post
 

So, noone has any experience with the jds labs cmoybb v2.03?

The CmoyBB is a well regarded portable amp so I am sure it's not bad, I am not sure how it compares to others in its price range, but check this - http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-13-11-amps-compared

 

Or this, maybe [though it's older] - http://www.head-fi.org/t/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-56-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared-final-update-12-20-10-added-rsa-sr-71b

post #20127 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVLTAGE View Post
 

 

Well do you want fun sounding cans? (As in, bass, more immersion etc.) Or do you want more soundwhoring/competitive cans?

 

Need to know a budget too. 

I'm really new to headphones/audio, but I think that I want fun? I really only use them for PC games with some light music use and then voice communication. I do some streaming/casting in games as well, but that shouldn't really be a deciding factor in what headphones I get. 

 

My ideal price is under $200 for the headphones and a microphone, but I can go over a little ($230 max). I also need to be able to purchase them through amazon since I have some gift cards there. Hopefully that doesn't limit my options too much.

 

Thank you!

post #20128 of 37465
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzpea View Post

I'm really new to headphones/audio, but I think that I want fun? I really only use them for PC games with some light music use and then voice communication. I do some streaming/casting in games as well, but that shouldn't really be a deciding factor in what headphones I get. 

My ideal price is under $200 for the headphones and a microphone, but I can go over a little ($230 max). I also need to be able to purchase them through amazon since I have some gift cards there. Hopefully that doesn't limit my options too much.

Thank you!

Stretch it to 250 and get the Fidelio X1
post #20129 of 37465

 

post #20130 of 37465

Just sold my 1840s... my name is a curse... :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)