Audio Technica is making gaming headphones so those should be interesting
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1341
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20102 of 374101/15/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
I can vouch. Fidelio X1 headphones are awesome. I was using Sen HD598 and switched to the X1.post #20103 of 374101/15/14 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nokami
Im looking for an Closed / Semi-Open Headphone for Gaming (mostly CoD) for my Friend. He does have an really loud PC so open Headphones are a no-go, atm he as has an PC350 and the closed design is just okay with the noise outside.
I did some research and found this:
AKG K 240 MK II (130€)
Can anyone give another Option or just say if these are good for a bit competetive Gaming? Thanks
He does have an Xonar DG
Audio Technica AG-1? That's the gaming headset version of the A700X / A900X...
Sorry to sound like I'm shilling since I just got a review loaner, but just though I should point it out.post #20104 of 374101/15/14 at 8:33pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by a_recording
Thought you might be interested Mad Lust, I just got a review loaner of the AT AG-1!
Absolutely gorgeous looking can. Will try to get a video up of this in the coming weeks, but first impressions as far as sound goes is that this thing sounds like how I remember the A900X sounds. Apparently the 3D wing mechanism on this version has been tightened up a little as well...
Ah, cool. Not a fan of the A900, but let me know how it fares.
Hope you get the ADG1 at some point, as that's be the one I'd be most interested in as a gaming headset with the AD700 sound.post #20105 of 374101/15/14 at 10:19pmThread Starterpost #20106 of 374101/15/14 at 10:41pmpost #20107 of 374101/15/14 at 10:55pmpost #20108 of 374101/16/14 at 12:29am
I was looking to upgrade my Astro A40 headsets to some audio-technica ad900x. I know that the ad700 are widely recommended by a ton of gamers but I haven't seen many people recommend the ad900x version. I have hear both side saying they are good and some say they are not good or that the ad700x are better to stick with. Will buying the ad900x be worth upgrading to or do the ad700x perform better? I did see Mad Lust Envy say that he wasn't a fan of the a900 but is that just the close can version? If anyone could give me any opinions or help I would appreciate I ate ited
Edited by Droccord - 1/16/14 at 12:34ampost #20109 of 374101/16/14 at 12:50amThread Starterpost #20110 of 374101/16/14 at 12:55ampost #20111 of 374101/16/14 at 12:57amThread StarterIf you want an upgrade from the AD700, the K702/Q701 will give you that. It won't be a subtle difference like going from the 700 to 900. The Q701/702 is everything the AD700 wishes it were.post #20112 of 374101/16/14 at 1:09am
Both the AD700 and AD900 (haven't heard "X" versions) are too lean to excel at immersive fun gaming. Which leaves their strengths at competitive soundwhoring. The AD700 does a slightly better job at that though, because the soundstage is a tad more focused and with a little more separation. So the AD900 is kind of in an akward place. Don't get me wrong, the AD900 is still very good for competitive, it's just not as good as the AD700 which is crazy good.
Rather than get either the AD700 or AD900 I would jump up to something like Q701, which is much more full and immersive while still being great for competitive gaming.post #20113 of 374101/16/14 at 5:12amHey guys. I said earlier I am looking to get new headphones and it has to be from newegg since I have a gift card there. I've narrowed it down to the astro a40s and mixamp for $180, CAL for $75, HD598s for $180 or the HD558s for $120. I'm trying to stay under $200 and a lot of the options recommended are way above that or not available on newegg. Which of these would give me the most fun, immersive gaming?post #20114 of 374101/16/14 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by ATLien3000
Hey guys. I said earlier I am looking to get new headphones and it has to be from newegg since I have a gift card there. I've narrowed it down to the astro a40s and mixamp for $180, CAL for $75, HD598s for $180 or the HD558s for $120. I'm trying to stay under $200 and a lot of the options recommended are way above that or not available on newegg. Which of these would give me the most fun, immersive gaming?
CAL > HD558 > HD598
This is interms of immersiveness. Obviously the HD598 trouces the other 2 when all you want is imaging.
The HD558 is the most balanced of the bunch however and for $120, it's a damn good buy IMO.post #20115 of 374101/16/14 at 6:44am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Polk Buckle- an overlooked headphone that deserves a thread 4 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 5 minutes ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear